KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Gaming deals and sales

Gaming deals and sales
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 29 30 [31]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Control current Epic giveaway.

A repeat, but for anyone who missed out or hasnt bought the Ultimate edition.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2021 10:08 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
The folks saying that about Remnant are likely lying tbh. It's not the hardest game in the universe but calling it easy is absurd.

I suppose I should clarify that it varies by difficulty setting. If folks are finding it too easy, it's a simple fix to change the difficulty mode, which is why I find that complaint odd. You can even have perma-death on Hardcore.

On Normal, a scrapper/tank build can kinda faceroll 90% of the content though. Higher settings a will keep you a bit more honest.

Last edited by StyleTime on Dec 27th, 2021 at 02:00 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2021 01:52 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I suppose I should clarify that it varies by difficulty setting. If folks are finding it too easy, it's a simple fix to change the difficulty mode, which is why I find that complaint odd. You can even have perma-death on Hardcore.

On Normal, a scrapper/tank build can kinda faceroll 90% of the content though. Higher settings a will keep you a bit more honest.

Should have gone scrapper then. I'm playing hunter on nornal and got killed several times already.

Mostly by the two sword elite blocking my shots and cutting me down before I can figure it out, occasionally by those exploding mooks, and a vast amount from the first boss and exploding mooks.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2021 02:07 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

For what it's worth, you got a bit unlucky with the randomizer. You rolled Gorefist, who is kinda BS tbh. Swarming the player with mobs always felt like the laziest kind of boss design to me. It's beatable but still not a healthy or enjoyable way to engage with most bosses. Even thematically, the big bruiser called Gorefist shouldn't really be summoning minions. He looks more like the 1v1 juggernaut type of fight. It would have been more fun if they double down on that aspect.

There is a later boss that does it a bit better at least.

Last edited by StyleTime on Dec 28th, 2021 at 04:33 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2021 04:28 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by cdtm
Wow, HI looks right up my ally!

Fight'n'rage is another one I've been looking at. Held off on the suspicion it's a glorified Openbor game (And there are plenty of those for free)

Ever play it? Does it live up to the hype?

How does it compare to SoR4 or Dragons Crown?

Fight'n'rage isn't bad. It does move pretty fast, but is pretty in line with old school games of the genre.

I think it's more notable for being made by literally one dude though, apart from the music. It won't change your life, but there's fun to be had.

Dragon's Crown and SoR4 have actual teams behind them, even if small though. FnR won't be quite the same experience.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2021 03:37 AM
cdtm

Fight'n'rage isn't bad. It does move pretty fast, but is pretty in line with old school games of the genre.

I think it's more notable for being made by literally one dude though, apart from the music. It won't change your life, but there's fun to be had.

Dragon's Crown and SoR4 have actual teams behind them, even if small though. FnR won't be quite the same experience.

Any game come close to the Dragons Crown experience that isn't on a Sony system?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2021 03:20 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

The Witcher 3 GOTY is 80% off on the Microsoft store, not a bad deal if you don't already own it, even if you do own it but don't have any of the DLC's it's still probably worth it.

Deal expires in 2 days.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Dec 31st, 2021 07:45 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by cdtm
Any game come close to the Dragons Crown experience that isn't on a Sony system?

It's hard to find something quite like Dragon's Crown tbh. Those that are similar are often much lower budget within an already niche genre, so your mileage will vary.

Dragon Marked for Death is probably the biggest that is somewhat similar. It's made by the people who did the Gunvolt and Mega Man ZX games.

Blightbound and Dungeon Punks appear to be in a similar vein.

Code of Princess too, although it is Nintendo exclusive.

That said, I haven't gotten around to playing any of them. I'm just going based off games other Dragon's Crown players have mentioned. And checking out the gameplay videos.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jan 1st, 2022 at 09:13 PM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2022 09:05 PM
cdtm

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw 80% off, 5.99.

Having a blast with it. The music alone dwarfs some GTA games, and would be at home in Cowboy Bebop.

Great Wing Commander style gameplay. The "Old School" mode is kind of dumb though, all it does is lock you out of third person view and into the cockpit, and disables "auto pursuit" and aim assists.

All of which you can toggle in a normal game, or refuse to use.

And to be frank equalize speed functions and tracking options were sorely needed, I do NOT have fond memories getting lost trying to find a nimble enemy, and accidentally running into the tail of slower enemies. (And whoever wrote that review that auto tracking makes the game "too easy" I doubt played it much. The auto function is SLOW. When you're getting about fifty missiles up your tail pipe you'll be too busy evading and boosting in their general direction to launch your own missiles to sit there while "auto pursuit" lazily banks towards the target.)

Last edited by cdtm on Jan 1st, 2022 at 09:52 PM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2022 09:44 PM
cdtm

Speaking of space shooters, get a load of this review of one of my favorites:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ig...-review%3famp=1

quote:
Sylpheed sticks to the action end of the spectrum, eschewing any depth that can be found through coordinating attacks with the rest of the fleet or commanding a real space battle.

Is he criticising a space shooter for not being an RTS?

This isn't Sins of Solar Empire or Star Trek Armada 2. No wonder IGN reviews have no credibility.

5.9 for one of the best space arcade shooters ever made.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2022 12:43 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Never played Project Sylpheed, The last space flight sim that i played was Colony Wars way back on the PS1

wish someone would remaster those old games.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2022 02:11 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Colony Wars was awesome! Those giant moon satelites were pretty amazing for the PS1.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2022 02:51 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I forgot i also played some of the Star Wars ones too like Star Wars: X-Wing & TIE Fighter for the PC, Also the Starfighter games for the console Star Wars: Starfighter & Jedi Starfighter

Well i played Starfighter on PC since its on Steam & GOG.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jan 3rd, 2022 at 04:11 AM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2022 04:07 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I remember having the PSone colony wars demo disc. Played it over and over and over. Loved it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2022 06:40 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by -Pr-
I remember having the PSone colony wars demo disc. Played it over and over and over. Loved it.

The final boss is insane, like taking on a mini moon. Your fleet of Dreadnauts all get one shot by it.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2022 08:13 PM
cdtm

So I see Supergiants Games "Hades" is on sale.

Bastion is a classic, and I really enjoyed what I played of Transistor. How is the gameplay? Essentially Bastion the Rogue Like?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2022 08:41 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I have problems with nearly every game, GTA V especially, game lags and then crashes my entire computer every single time I ever try to play it, Ark Survival Evolved, Yakuza 0, DOOM, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Conan Exiles, Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition, Dying Light, Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition, Absolver, For Honor, and more.

Dragon's Dogma if I end up leaving it on my lap for a prolonged period of time and it heats up (I play on a laptop).

Those are the more significant ones that I have trouble with.

Shadow of Mordor in particular came out of nowhere and lag never changes no matter what settings i put it on. I think it may come down to hardware failure what with it every game reacting the same. (but there are certain games that do not lag at all).
So... I believe it was my failing hard drive that caused this, I know it's been awhile since I made this post but yeah, I'm almost certain it was my hard drive.

Hard drive corrupted and my computer no longer even recognizes it at all. It's almost as if there's nothing there, it kept making a stupid clicking noise one day and then BOOM, done.

I installed Yakuza 0 on a USB drive and yup, no problems at all.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 25th, 2022 05:39 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Fanatical has Cosmic Star Heroine for a $1....$2 for me

Old Post Feb 7th, 2023 03:21 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Fanatical has Leisure Suit larry 1-7 for free in a bundle.

Last edited by Kazenji on Feb 15th, 2023 at 06:38 AM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2023 06:34 AM
cdtm

https://store.steampowered.com/app/...Island_Express/

Can't recommend this highly enough, a brilliant little adventure were you navigate terrains with Pinbal style mechanics.

Old Post May 10th, 2023 01:23 PM