KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Gaming deals and sales

Gaming deals and sales
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Humble Bundle is selling Company of Heroes 2 for free right now, it's a WWII RTS game, and has pretty good reviews:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/company-of-heroes-2

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 10:05 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

The Jedi Knight bundle is 66% off, $8.88, it includes every game in the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series, including Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy: http://store.steampowered.com/bundl..._Knight_Bundle/

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 05:27 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Humble Bundle has really changed the way I buy games.

On a sidenote, the Mount & Blade collection is on sale for $11.24, and Warband is only $4.99, they'll be on sale for 11 more days.

Collection: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/...lade-collection

Warband: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/mount-blade-warband

Torchlight is $2.99, and Torchlight II is $3.99, sale is only going on for about 1 more day.

Torchlight: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/torchlight

Torchlight II: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/torchlight-ii

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 12:58 PM
cdtm

So, I ask this every year, but now that the sale is on again:

Xenoverse 1: Do I want it?

Is it at least fun to play, with interesting content?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 08:42 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
So, I ask this every year, but now that the sale is on again:

Xenoverse 1: Do I want it?

Is it at least fun to play, with interesting content?
I enjoyed my time with it, yeah.

It doesn't have the depth of a good DBZ Fighting Game, it's a lot better then Battle of Z, and there is a huge amount of DBZ content, yeah.

It's a great DBZ Beat-em-up with good customization, races, customizable movesets, and a great character roster.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 11:18 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I enjoyed my time with it, yeah.

It doesn't have the depth of a good DBZ Fighting Game, it's a lot better then Battle of Z, and there is a huge amount of DBZ content, yeah.

It's a great DBZ Beat-em-up with good customization, races, customizable movesets, and a great character roster.

Bought it before reading this, but makes me feel good about my choice. thumb up

I'm really interested in the GT elements, they sound pretty interesting.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2017 12:59 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

In terms of moves and characters the GT content is alright, but Golden Frieza and his ult move emperor's death beam stole the show for me personally, especially when I unlocked it as a move for my character to use.

The RNG for reward drop rates with parallel quests is utter trash, tho heard they improved it some with the sequel, but still not enough for me to really want to get it.

With the other grinding there is, you can forgive the the garbage RNG for awhile, but once you really want to start having certain moves unlocked that you can only get from the PQ's, you'll probably hate the game for awhile as I did.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2017 01:14 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Ooh, should have looked up the sagas BEFORE buying.

So the GT content is all DLC.

Did not expect that. Battle of the Gods stuff, Resurrection of F, sure, but figured I was weird in having any interest in GT at all.

Probably won't be getting any dlc for the prices, 10 bucks a pop. That's crazy.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2017 03:25 PM
Jmanghan

Did not expect that. Battle of the Gods stuff, Resurrection of F, sure, but figured I was weird in having any interest in GT at all.

Yeah you should have asked us, the GT Content does add quite a bit though, including a whole GT storyline, new moves (My favorite move in the entire game is in the GT DLC, which is Final Shine Attack), outfits, characters, and transformations as well as multiplayer missions.

I bought it just recently, if you wanna level up characters quicker, once you unlock the Broly side-story, do it over and over. It's not that big of a grind and it gives you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much exp, its not even that difficult either once ya know what you're doing.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2017 03:43 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Well when you get the dragon balls (usually grinded out as item drops from certain parallel quests) and wish for a new character, you'll get Super 17, Omega Shenron, and SSJ4 Gogeta (along with SSJ4 Goku) in the base game, so there's that.

The DLC was worth it though IMO, but waited pretty late to get it after I completed most of the game. Probably best wait till you've had your share of the game before deciding on getting it.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Dec 25th, 2017 at 04:51 PM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2017 04:48 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Started a male human striker. Even customized him (I NEVER do this, too lazy.) Of course, the beard is a must, but wish it had a full Chuck Norris option.

Also, I'm pretty sure eye shape 1 and 5 are exactly alike.

Anyways, I'll see how I like this for now, deal dlc later. I hate to even consider it on principle, because they make Bioware look downright reasonable in their pricing out content behind a paywall, but I felt that way about Mass Effect and caved in on a sale anyways.

If I had to pick only one, I'd probably go RoF, on the basis it's one self contained dlc, and GT has a bunch of them at thirty dollars total (Plus, I just like Freeza more.. I have his theme on my phone.)

Old Post Dec 26th, 2017 11:03 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I never buy dlc that costs more than +15 bucks for the whole package unless it's an expansion like Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 03:32 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I saw what looks like a Megaman X clone in friends trending.

Has randomly generated levels and coop.. Anyone know the game I'm talking about, and is it Megaman good?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:35 PM
cdtm

20xx.

And I'm on the fence about it.. I like Megaman, but if I want randomly generated perma death frustration I can just load up Spelunky (The free one, no way I'm paying to not win a game.)

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 03:05 PM
Jmanghan

ATTENTION, VERY IMPORTANT:

The Steam Winter Sale ends tomorrow, so if you're gonna pick up any great games at low prices pick em up now.

There are too many to name, but some of which, which have been lowered significantly are: GTA V, Ark: Survival Evolved, Conan Exiles, DOOM, Cities: Skylines, Dark Souls III.

All those games and more have been lowered by a huge whopping amount, so pick them up while you can, the sale ends tomorrow. HAPPY SHOPPING!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 01:50 AM
cdtm

Only game I'm remotely interested in is Overwatch or Rocket League.

But I can just get TF2 for free..

That Ark Survival Evolved looks promising. But I researched it the same way I always do: By typing in "Ark Survival Evolved sucks!" in Google, and seeing what comes up.

I lose interest in more games that way..

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 02:46 AM
Jmanghan

Only game I'm remotely interested in is Overwatch or Rocket League.

But I can just get TF2 for free..

That Ark Survival Evolved looks promising. But I researched it the same way I always do: By typing in "Ark Survival Evolved sucks!" in Google, and seeing what comes up.

I lose interest in more games that way..
Or you could just look up reviews.

In any case it's a very decent game.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 01:19 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Or you could just look up reviews.

In any case it's a very decent game.

I don't trust reviews. Too many shills, and the review sites are dependent on advertising from the very industry they're supposed to be critical of.

Case in point.

And given Gerstmann's new affiliation with his former employers, I don't doubt he's vastly underplaying this. And in all likelihood, is pulling the same tactics/pressure to protect ad revenue at all costs that Gamespot pulled on him.

One could argue that's business, and ok fine. But I'm sure not taking a "game journalist" at face value, knowing their priority is the ad revenue at the expense of full transparency/integrity.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 01:45 PM
Jmanghan

I don't trust reviews. Too many shills, and the review sites are dependent on advertising from the very industry they're supposed to be critical of.

Case in point.

And given Gerstmann's new affiliation with his former employers, I don't doubt he's vastly underplaying this. And in all likelihood, is pulling the same tactics/pressure to protect ad revenue at all costs that Gamespot pulled on him.

One could argue that's business, and ok fine. But I'm sure not taking a "game journalist" at face value, knowing their priority is the ad revenue at the expense of full transparency/integrity.
Avoid reviewers under big-name review companies at all costs.

People who are reliable are independent game reviewers, or youtubers like Angry Joe, ProJared, etc.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 09:01 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The problems within the industry is the same for either big game reviewers and independent reviewers. In fact, I would believe independent game reviewers are more likely to get cash backs for good reviews because a. the make less money than companies and b. they are not beholden to any sort of standards that other editorial might be.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 10:20 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote