KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Gaming deals and sales

Gaming deals and sales
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Crusader Kings II is free right now on Steam, pick it up.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/2...sader_Kings_II/

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 6th, 2018 03:41 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Crusader Kings II is free right now on Steam, pick it up.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/2...sader_Kings_II/

Seen it yesterday

Meh..not my sort of game.

Last edited by Kazenji on Apr 7th, 2018 at 02:19 AM

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 02:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Gothic 1-3 have a super low sale price on G2A: https://www.g2a.com/gothic-universe...i10000005165003

Three acclaimed RPG's, what's not to love.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 01:00 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Gothic 1-3 have a super low sale price on G2A: https://www.g2a.com/gothic-universe...i10000005165003

Three acclaimed RPG's, what's not to love.

http://twinfinite.net/2016/06/dev-g...e-game-instead/

quote:
Dev Says if You’re Going to Buy from G2A, “Please, Just Pirate the Game Instead”

By Sharon Coone

Published on June 28, 2016 SHARE TWEET
“I never thought the day would come where I would passionately argue that fans should pirate my game rather than pay for it, but here we are.”

Lars Doucet made Defender’s Quest, a tower defense RPG that costs $15 from the developer’s website, a couple dollars on G2A, and nothing on torrenting sites. And frankly, he’d just prefer you get the game for free over purchasing it from G2A.

“If you’re going to be buying Defender’s Quest from us then knock yourself out! But if you’re going to buy it from a grey-market key reselling site like G2A, then, please, please, just pirate the game instead.”

G2A, an online game code reseller market, has come under fire recently for offering goods suspected to be obtained by fraudulent means. Punch Club and SpeedRunners developer TinyBuild released a statement last week claiming $450,000 worth of their products were sold on G2A, many of which sprung from credit card fraud. Developers big and small have been taking action against the site, but Doucet wants to get real with consumers on the obvious and hidden cost of grey markets.

“To be clear, I don’t agree with or condone piracy,” Doucet states. “But I’m a realist, and piracy is so much less worse than buying from seedy online pawn shops like G2A. If you’re not going to make the best choice, please don’t dive straight into the worst choice.”

Doucet outlines piracy, theft, and legitimate purchases through the Four Currencies model, which evaluates purchasing methods by their monetary cost and psychological costs: the cost of time, cost of effort, and moral cost. Piracy, he argues is less expensive than purchasing from G2A, and here’s some nifty charts Doucet made to visually demonstrate the idea:

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Doucet also notes he takes no issue with legitimate third-party resellers, since the original key was rightly bought. You can find his full article on the subject of G2A and piracy here.

“A lot of people like to say ‘Piracy is theft.’ It’s not,” he says. “It’s an infringement of my legal monopoly right to control the distribution of my work for a limited period of time. Piracy is not theft. G2A is theft.”

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Apr 9th, 2018 at 04:47 AM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 04:38 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yep...G2A are a bunch of scumbags.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 07:06 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

But they had to have originally gotten the steam key from steam at some point.

At that point, it's more like buying the game and then giving the account with said game away.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 11:12 AM
Jmanghan

Furthermore, what's the difference between that and used games? What, because it's digital? Used games don't go back to developers either, so they should both be in the same boat.

It can't be stolen if they original game was already bought at some point.

How do they get the key if it wasn't bought? I guess they have some sort of "steam insider", huh?

That argument doesn't make much sense when that comes out about it.

Highly doubt it's stolen, they can't be upset just cause they aren't getting money on it.

Screw it, let's ban used cars and used books too!

Because they're physical copies?... There's no difference. It's a bad argument.

On topic, Mount & Blade: Warband is on sale. $6.79

Last edited by Jmanghan on Apr 12th, 2018 at 12:46 AM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 12:44 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's completely different.

- keys are bought/stolen using stolen credit card information.
- they are then sold on G2A to customers.
- once the credit card charge back is filed, the seller of the game does not get any revenue from the initial purchase of the CD keys.

That's how it ****s up developers. They don't actually get the money because the sale was charge back. However, the customer still keeps the key. Or I have seen in some cases, the CD keys the customer purchases from G2A becomes obselete because it was attained by illegal means.

The sell of used games is completely different. Somebody bought the initial copy so the developer has received the money from that sale. With G2A, they don't get that sale.

ANDDDDD....trades in are not illegal! Stealing credit card information to buy goods is!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 03:32 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Smasandian
It's completely different.

- keys are bought/stolen using stolen credit card information.
- they are then sold on G2A to customers.
- once the credit card charge back is filed, the seller of the game does not get any revenue from the initial purchase of the CD keys.

That's how it ****s up developers. They don't actually get the money because the sale was charge back. However, the customer still keeps the key. Or I have seen in some cases, the CD keys the customer purchases from G2A becomes obselete because it was attained by illegal means.

The sell of used games is completely different. Somebody bought the initial copy so the developer has received the money from that sale. With G2A, they don't get that sale.

ANDDDDD....trades in are not illegal! Stealing credit card information to buy goods is!

But thats not down to G2A, and I'm not just gonna stop shopping cheap just because there's a CHANCE it might not be legitimate.

I usually go with the ones that are legit, the ones with like 50k sales and such.

And it's just a grey market, not a black market, there's nothing wrong with G2A, but there is something wrong with some of the sellers, you can get scammed on ebay and amazon as well.

I think the difference is, Amazon and Ebay have better protection against such things, and its easier to get your hands on stolen game keys then selling something stolen online.

Regardless, I doubt I'm going to stop buying from them, unless I personally have a run-in with someone who is selling fraudulent keys.

A lot of this has to come down to someone's intelligence as well, it's pretty dumb to buy from someone who is selling something that has no reviews as opposed to buying something from someone who has 99% with over 100k sales.

I purposely went out of my way to purchase the legit ones, lowest price didn't matter to me, low-ER price did.

Spending an extra 20c on someone you know is gonna be legit is a good compromise.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 11:54 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

There's a free Friday the 13th puzzle game on Steam, Control Jason and kill people.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2018 07:32 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I purchased Dvinity Original Sin and Ghost recon Wildlands on sale last night. Divinity was like $10 bucks.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2018 08:56 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Ghost Recon Wildlands is an awesome game to play with friends. I went through the whole game with one and it was a blast.

The game became pretty damn good when we started to not completely go silent every mission/activity but tried some unique moves to complete them.

For instance, one mission near the end had us infiltrating this huge base to capture some dude (well...a lot of missions are like this). We died/failed numerous times so I got pretty fed up. I took a helicopter, my friend jumped into the back and I flew it and landed directly on top of the building he was in. My friend jumped out, killed a couple of guys and then kidnapped the dude. We flew off with him on board and completed the mission. It was great. It took 5 minutes. The game is rife with those types of possibilities and strange shit happens all the time.

We were chasing a car and when we went past a train intersection, we got destroyed by an incoming train. It was awesome and hilarious. The gameplay is this game is top notch. It's the other stuff like story/voice acting and character interactions that pretty lame. However, the game looks ****ing great and I love the weapon system in it. And the open world is ****ing huge.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2018 10:56 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Is Wildlands any good solo? Probably will be playing through it alone.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2018 11:48 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Gamestop is holding a retro games buy-2-get-1-free sale: https://www.gamestop.com/collection/retro-classics

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 05:44 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Steam summer sales are suppose to start this week.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 06:58 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Kazenji
The Steam summer sales are suppose to start this week.
Some tasty deals there. MMM!

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 07:19 AM
Jmanghan

Free copy of this game for a limited time, dunno much about it, but it's received pretty good reviews: https://store.steampowered.com/app/...nd_Soldiers_HD/

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 05:43 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Free copy of this game for a limited time, dunno much about it, but it's received pretty good reviews: https://store.steampowered.com/app/...nd_Soldiers_HD/

Do you use this place to find out about free games?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FreeGamesOnSteam/

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 01:32 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Kazenji
Do you use this place to find out about free games?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FreeGamesOnSteam/
No, usually the humble bundle, or steam itself. Though that seems pretty useful.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 07:21 AM
Impediment
Endless

Edited the thread title per request.

Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 11:11 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote