KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Gaming deals and sales

Gaming deals and sales
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Never mind. Subnautica is free on Epix's client.

Only 1 minute in, and it already seems amazing. Like a No Man's Sky game, except substitute the ocean for space.
HELL YES. I swear by Subnautica as the best open-world survival game ever made.

Great story, great gameplay, tons of interesting creatures, MMM so good.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 09:37 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Sins of Solar Empire is also free, on Steam.

As is a pvp game in the vein of classic GTA, called Gameshift.

Christmas is bit early, lot of giveaways right now.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 10:43 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Jmanghan
HELL YES. I swear by Subnautica as the best open-world survival game ever made.

Great story, great gameplay, tons of interesting creatures, MMM so good.

Could spend hours just swimming with the fishes. The environments are beautiful, and I'm playing on low settings (Except for the water).

If it weren't for [SPOILER - highlight to read]: that ticking timebomb, I'd probably spend the next 100 hours just free swimming.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 04:39 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Sins of Solar Empire is also free, on Steam.

That's the 2nd time that they've had it free this year.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 05:02 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Only real reason I'm interested, is the Star Trek mod.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 06:13 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I've heard about all the various mods, Also including ones for Star Wars

wouldn't surprise me if its better then what EA has put out for their Star Wars content.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 08:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Good point. I'd better download it quick, before EA inevitably issues the cease and desist's.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 01:53 PM
cdtm

Put in a request to try that streaming service with Assassin's Creed. Streaming means your system isn't really playing it, right? Would be perfect for a laptop gamer.

Haven't heard back in three days, so I'm probably not getting in though.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 02:55 PM
Jmanghan

Lego LOTR is free on Humble Bundle.

Gauntlet: Slayer Edition is 75% off on there as well.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 09:26 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Lego LOTR is free on Humble Bundle.

I seen that

Dammit and i brought it in the Steam Lego Sales the other week.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 04:14 AM
cdtm

Sega genesis and master system on sale for ten dollars.

Worth it for legal access to the rom collection alone.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 04:55 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Bought Civ VI on steam for $15

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 09:55 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Dragon Ball Fighter Z is back on sale.

I just bought two games, so if I get it, it's probably gonna be the base game. How much am I getting for it?

Any notable ommisions that are dlc only? Like, we're not talking Street Fighter V gutting?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 07:04 PM
cdtm

Out of all the sales, only one I'm impulse buying is Doom II.

What else can you get for a little over two bucks, that's worth fifty times that much?

Five, if I got the five pack. But ehh, I already have a disk copy of Ultimate Doom, and you can get any number of Megawads for free..

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 09:22 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I picked up Banner Sage 3 and Ultimate General: Civil War off Steam.

That Steam is definitely not as good as I remembered. The sale are not as good as they used to be and they don't do a very good job promoting whats on sale.

I have my games that I'm waiting for but the joy of the Winter Steam sale is getting a game that I was expecting.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 09:56 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Prices are higher, and the popular stuff skimps on sales. Binding of Isaac Afterbirth is giving a measly 25% off. The classic and Wrath of the Lamb dlc was something like 4 or 5 dollars total.

Check out Gog too, they sometimes have better sales, and no drm always online bs. I'll probably get my Doom from there.

Maybe something like Tie Fighter or Shadow of the Empire, is the prices are good.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 10:08 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Dragon Ball Fighter Z is back on sale.

I just bought two games, so if I get it, it's probably gonna be the base game. How much am I getting for it?

Any notable ommisions that are dlc only? Like, we're not talking Street Fighter V gutting?

I'm presuming its like the console version, For DLC its only a couple of the fighters only.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2018 02:22 AM
cdtm

Assuming this hasn't been fixed by now, apparently the Steam Sega and Master System collection has a version of Revenge of Shinobi that retains Spider-Man and Godzilla's original designs, before the copyright ninja's forced revisions. You can supposedly access this through the "Simple launcher", which is a simplified emulator for compatibility purposes. As opposed to the primary launcher, which takes you to a rendered bedroom, and a more "advanced" emulator.

The primary emulator can only access an up to date version of ROS, where Spidey is decked out in purple and black colors, and Godzilla is reskinned to look like a skeleton dinosaur.

Examples here:

You can see why revisions had to be made.

I suspect this was some clever devs way of slipping it under the radar. Inspectors will probably check the main product, and not the "compatibility" simple launcher, as the menu is a ***** to navigate and the roms are out of alphabetical order, and contain duplicates.

The point is, if you have any interest in playing a legend in copyright infringement, it's selling for 10 dollars. Well worth it, imo.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 03:21 AM
Jmanghan

Epic Games is selling Super Meat Boy for Free, SOMA is also free on GOG.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2018 05:02 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seen Humble Bundle had both Lego Hobbit & Lord of Rings free again but its over now

not that i really needed them.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 03:10 AM