KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Was Satan wrong to demand equal rights in heaven?

Was Satan wrong to demand equal rights in heaven?
Started by: Greatest I am

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
You can have the same authority as the president. All you have to do is run for office and win.

But then the former president would not be president anymore. Hence usurping.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 08:45 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Astner

All satan said was that we was going to... Perhaps he was waiting until the next election.

Mythology is so hard to interpret.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 08:56 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Control! Governments are also into that.

Indeed but with rules that we generally or supposedly voted on.

Religious law is imposed from woo land.

Regards
DL

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 12:10 AM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Originally posted by Bardock42
Who were the first 2 angels to demand equality?

Just Satan and a third of the angels in heaven were cast out.

Satan is named but no other that I know of.

Regards
DL

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 12:13 AM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Lucifer wanted to take God's place, didn't he? It had nothing to do with equal rights.

Issiah 14 : 12-14

How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

You said in your heart, "I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon.

I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High."

Is I will make myself like the most high not saying I will make myself equal to the most high?

Is that not saying I seek equality with the most high?

It does the way I read and use English.

Regards
DL

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 12:16 AM
Greatest I am

usurp

verb \yu̇-ˈsərp also -ˈzərp\

: to take and keep (something, such as power) in a forceful or violent way and especially without the right to do so

An election is not forceful or violent nowadays and no force is indicated for Satan's push for an election.

Regards
DL

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 12:21 AM
Mindset

Re: Was Satan wrong to demand equal rights in heaven?

Originally posted by Greatest I am

When did he demand equal rights heaven?

He either wanted to supplant God or to be singularly equal with him.

How is that equal rights?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 12:48 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Was Satan wrong to demand equal rights in heaven?

Originally posted by Mindset
When did he demand equal rights heaven?

He either wanted to supplant God or to be singularly equal with him.

How is that equal rights?

Hmmm "equal with him", "equal rights" sounds the same to me. wink

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 12:51 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Hmmm "equal with him", "equal rights" sounds the same to me. wink
2 Kings don't make a nation of equality. wink

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 12:52 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

2 Kings don't make a nation of equality. wink

2 kings beat 2 queens.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 12:53 AM
Mindset

2 kings beat 2 queens.
Doug Heffernan is the King of Queens.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 12:56 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Doug Heffernan is the King of Queens.

Why would a God use such an out of date, oppressive governing system like a monarchy?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 01:08 AM
Mindset

Why would a God use such an out of date, oppressive governing system like a monarchy?
He started it before it was cool to start it.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 01:12 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

He started it before it was cool to start it.

What a bad idea.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 01:14 AM
Stoic
Avenger

He already was equal to the angels. Scriptures say he was the best of the bunch.

She just wanted equality to be the heavenly policy.

I say she because Satan is depicted as a woman in the Vatican art.

No need to wonder why with Christian misogyny so prevalent.

Regards
DL

That's pretty funny. The Bible called them the Sons of God.

Heaven, from what we can speculate, seems to be a system that some would call a tyranny as no one was allowed to question anything or ask for change in leadership or policies.

Was Satan and the third of angels who rejected tyranny wrong to demand equal rights, and if so, are all people who demand equal rights on earth also doing something satanic?

Is this why most religions are reluctant to give women and gays equality? Do Christians and Muslims think equality to be evil and satanic?

Do religious people think that their Gods frown on the notions of equality of all people and is that why believers deny women and gays equality?

Regards
DL

The way I see it is like this. If you the parent bought, built, own, and pay the bills for your house, why would your children be your equal within your house? Why don't you try it some time? Give your children as much power as you have over your property, and then ask yourself if that's fair, and just.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 01:23 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Stoic
That's pretty funny. The Bible called them the Sons of God.

The way I see it is like this. If you the parent bought, built, own, and pay the bills for your house, why would your children be your equal within your house? Why don't you try it some time? Give your children as much power as you have over your property, and then ask yourself if that's fair, and just.

Okay, but when one tries to be your equal, would it be right to cast them out for all eternity. You wouldn't be a very good parent, now would you?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 01:26 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Okay, but when one tries to be your equal, would it be right to cast them out for all eternity. You wouldn't be a very good parent, now would you?

If my child was a murderer, liar, disobedient, disorderly, and above all refused to follow the rules that I the parent raised them up to follow in my house? Yes I would kick them out of my house. Or, would you have a murderer running around in your house with notions of corrupting your other children, and/or killing them? The choice is clear to me. If it isn't to you, perhaps you should ask others what they think. I'd throw him out on his duff.

One rotting apple can spoil the entire 100lb bag of good apples if not removed on time.

One cancerous cell can destroy the entire body if not treated.

etc.... Should I go on?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 01:35 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

If my child was a murderer, liar, disobedient, disorderly, and above all refused to follow the rules that I the parent raised them up to follow in my house? Yes I would kick them out of my house. Or, would you have a murderer running around in your house with notions of corrupting your other children, and/or killing them? The choice is clear to me. If it isn't to you, perhaps you should ask others what they think. I'd throw him out on his duff.

One rotting apple can spoil the entire 100lb bag of good apples if not removed on time.

One cancerous cell can destroy the entire body if not treated.

etc.... Should I go on?

As far as I know, satan didn't do any of that. All he did was say he wanted to be like god.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 02:33 AM
Stoic
Avenger

As far as I know, satan didn't do any of that. All he did was say he wanted to be like god.

As far as I know, the Bible called him a liar, murderer, and many other horrible things. Read it, and see for yourself. Or, do you think he suddenly developed those tendencies once he was booted out of his fathers house? There was a war in Heaven, and no one knows how long God put up with it before he decided to get up, and kick Lucifer out. It wasn't immediate, so there is evidence that God actually hoped that he would change his ways before the exile began.

But then again, this brings us back to what I said before.

If you the parent bought, built, own, and pay the bills for your house, why would your children be your equal within your house?

Last edited by Stoic on Jun 16th, 2015 at 02:55 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 02:52 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

As far as I know, the Bible called him a liar, murderer, and many other horrible things.

Yes the bible blames everything on satan, but all that evil was done by humans.
Read it, and see for yourself.

I read it a long time ago. There’s a lot of good stuff in there, and a lot of really bad stuff.
Or, do you think he suddenly developed those tendencies once he was booted out of his fathers house?

No. I think he was made that way.
There was a war in Heaven, and no one knows how long God put up with it before he decided to get up, and kick Lucifer out.

What an evil thing. No one should believe in a war god anymore.
It wasn't immediate, so there is evidence that God actually hoped that he would change his ways before the exile began.

But the god of the bible is supposed to be omnipotent and all knowing. I guess god didn’t know that.
But then again, this brings us back to what I said before.
If you the parent bought, built, own, and pay the bills for your house, why would your children be your equal within your house?

I hope for my children to not only be equal with me, but to surpass me in everything. What parent would not?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 03:12 AM