KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » South Carolina police officer charged with murder

South Carolina police officer charged with murder
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

the stupidity on display in this thread has become more shocking than the topic.

in actual news: the city's mayor has just pledged to equip their officers with body cameras. another baby step in the right direction imho.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/north-c...oting-1.2317416

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 05:33 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Why would the mayor do that, has he not heard that this video is fake?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 05:38 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
Why would the mayor do that, has he not heard that this video is fake?

laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 05:43 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

So I guess now even video evidence isn't proof enough for some people that police are out of control.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 12:06 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Apparently there's been a year long study that's shown a dramatic reduction in both use of force by police while wearing body cameras and also complaints against police:

http://www.policefoundation.org/con...olice-use-force

Not exactly surprising, but good to see that the theory holds.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 12:08 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Originally posted by Stringer
Very expensive to put cams on every state trooper much less all police

This works out though because all that money the cops get from red light camera's and speeding tickets and all that? It can totally now go to paying for their body cams.

In fact all the money from stop light cams should go to stuff like this. I think that is a great idea, we take money away from those who don't deserve it and spend it on things to help protect people. Since cops should be ALL about protecting and serving I expect each and every one of them to fall in love with my idea.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 01:12 AM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer
Hai

Cops wont like that idea at all. In a beautiful world this would work. Depends on where you live at the moment

Last edited by Stringer on Apr 10th, 2015 at 03:14 AM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 03:11 AM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Cops wont like that idea at all. In a beautiful world this would work. Depends on where you live at the moment
Who cares what cops like.

If a cop told me he didn't like the idea of body cams, I'd say, "Look here, you piece of phucking shit...please don't kill me, I'm sorry".

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 03:17 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer
Hai

Who cares what cops like.

If a cop told me he didn't like the idea of body cams, I'd say, "Look here, you piece of phucking shit...please don't kill me, I'm sorry".

If you're white, what would be the worry?

Last edited by Stringer on Apr 10th, 2015 at 03:39 AM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 03:27 AM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

If you're white, what would be the worry?
I'm not.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 03:41 AM
Stringer
Hai

Theres a win too this. Stop ****ing running

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 03:44 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

I'm not.
Right, and I'm heterosexual.

Come on guy.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 04:11 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer
Hai

Sounds a bit gay too me

Last edited by Stringer on Apr 10th, 2015 at 04:29 AM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 04:24 AM
dadudemon

http://www.walb.com/story/28761385/...enttype=generic

There is the dashcam video footage.

Walter Scott ran. Apparently he had a "bench warrant" for unpaid child support, was driving a car that was not exactly his, and lacked paperwork for the vehicle. Makes sense why he ran, now.

I feel a bit more informed on the situation than before.

When the taser failed to subdue Scott, I just don't understand the need to shoot him in the back as he left. Did Scott have a violent criminal history?

Also, looks like the taser was planted on Scott's dying body as they approached him. Here's a stabilized and slowed down gif showing that:

(please log in to view the image)

Soooo, what am I missing? Seems very obvious that there was some very shitty police work and at least a murder. And the 3 officers that lied about administering CPR (which may include Michael's account, too) should be brought up on falsification of evidence charges.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 05:04 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer
Hai

Seems a bit blurry too me. But hey, I'm white.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 05:06 AM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Honestly all I take away from this is people gotta stop picking fist fights with armed marksmen...

In all seriousness though I'm glad the SC officials have been moving very quickly and that will hopefully stop all the professional cry babies from ruining a town. I also should point out to all the leftist extremists that the victim wasn't innocent, he was driving around illegally, ran from the officer, then possibly fought for his weapon; though before I get flamed I don't think he should have been shot, but their are people that take this "innocent black man shtick" way too far.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 05:22 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer
Hai

You're correct. But it makes a statement. " don't run from the police or your dead" .. It's like this cop took one for the team.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 05:27 AM
Mindset

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Honestly all I take away from this is people gotta stop picking fist fights with armed marksmen...

In all seriousness though I'm glad the SC officials have been moving very quickly and that will hopefully stop all the professional cry babies from ruining a town. I also should point out to all the leftist extremists that the victim wasn't innocent, he was driving around illegally, ran from the officer, then possibly fought for his weapon; though before I get flamed I don't think he should have been shot, but their are people that take this "innocent black man shtick" way too far.
Didn't read anything you wrote, but I can say with 100% certainty that it was stupid. thumb up

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 05:27 AM
Mindset

I apologize, Henry, it appears that it's actually Stringer's post that is stupid. thumb up

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 05:28 AM
Stringer
Hai

I apologize, Henry, it appears that it's actually Stringer's post that is stupid. thumb up

Sarcasm

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 05:32 AM