KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » South Carolina police officer charged with murder

South Carolina police officer charged with murder
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
I apologize, Henry, it appears that it's actually Stringer's post that is stupid. thumb up
I accept your apology thumb up

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 05:32 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Stringer
Sarcasm
There is no sarcasm on kmc.

I'll let it slide this time since you're new. thumb up

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 05:33 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Unless the crimes committed were violent, how are they relevant in any way, shape or form?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Apr 10th, 2015 at 06:10 AM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 06:04 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Where was the car that he got pulled over and why were they in the middle of what looks like a park?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 06:24 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Unless the crimes committed were violent, how are they relevant in any way, shape or form?

If he avoids taxes he deserves to die thumb up

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 06:32 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

I really wonder what's it like

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 06:35 AM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Originally posted by Mindset
There is no sarcasm on kmc.

I'll let it slide this time since you're new. thumb up

(please log in to view the image)

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 06:58 AM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

was this toward me? Why wouldn't context matter? Sorry to answer your question with a question.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 07:16 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

The crimes he committed don't provide any sort of meaningful context. Yes, he was a criminal committing crimes, but if the guy had simply been tazed/tackled and arrested with minor injuries, this wouldn't be news and no one would care, because there is no stigma aboout police arresting criminals- that is there job afterall.

The outrage is from shooting a man who has his back to you and is running away... in which case it really doesn't matter what their crimes are.

To reiterate, no one is upset that a law-breaker was confronted by police for breaking the law. The law-breaker is absolutely a victim in this situation however and deserves all of the sympathy and outrage he can get as there is no justification for the police' actions, thus pointing out that the victim might have been a sleaze bag prior to his death is more or less a red herring.

Last edited by Tzeentch on Apr 10th, 2015 at 08:10 AM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 08:06 AM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Heh, so the victim deserves no blame here at all for running away from the cop? LOL. I guess this attitude shouldn't surprise me here on KMC. He knew damn well that running away could result in him being shot at. I watched the dash cam video on AOL news earlier and I could hear the officer yelling at the guy to get down on the ground. What is so damn hard about respecting the law and doing what a police officer tells you to do?

I'm not condoning the officer's actions because I think he should've at least yelled at him to stop or else he'd shoot but the victim could've used a little more common sense. He might still be alive in that case. The policeman was wrong in his actions no doubt but do I have sympathy for the criminal who was trying to run away from the cop? Nope. None whatsoever.

I won't lose a second's sleep over him being dead.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Apr 10th, 2015 at 08:56 AM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 08:44 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Star428
Heh, so the victim deserves no blame here at all for running away from the cop?
No, he doesn't, unless you can point me to the law that says police are allowed to shoot an unarmed man running away from them.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 08:51 AM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

So, Star's a racist. Let's move on.

To everyone in the thread who's bringing up Walter Scott having a criminal history or running: that's irrelevant to whether or not this was a case of police murdering an unarmed man and trying to cover it up. It will NEVER be okay for police to shoot an unarmed man in the back and then try to make it look like he was dangerous by planting a weapon on him.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Last edited by Omega Vision on Apr 10th, 2015 at 01:12 PM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 01:09 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
"innocent black man shtick"

classic strawman. the actual words were and are "unarmed" and "fleeing".

what the cop did was a straightup execution. i don't care if the perp had recently set a bag of kittens on fire and then proceeded to rape the cop's mother while writing bad checks to the irs.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Apr 10th, 2015 at 02:23 PM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 02:19 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

That cop could have easily caught him if he ran after. The guy was like 50, and from the video he was running slow as fvck.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 02:31 PM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

I dont get why its not ok to run from the police though, fck em.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 03:08 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

It's not ok to run from the police.

It's also not ok to substitute continued pursuit of an unarmed suspect with lethal force.

Walter was an idiot and should be in jail (just like Mike Brown should be), but they should both be alive. The lethal force wasn't justified, moreso in this instance than in Brown's, as we can clearly see that the victim posed no threat at the point of lethal force being administered. That's the issue.

Not being able to subdue a suspect with non-lethal means does not justify lethal force when the suspect does not pose a lethal threat. Shooting someone attempting to run away on foot from a speeding ticket, for example, would not be justified. That person would be an idiot, but they shouldn't be a dead idiot, they should be an incarcerated idiot with possible minor injuries from a physical apprehending.

You can't substitute bullets for running.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 03:36 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
classic strawman. the actual words were and are "unarmed" and "fleeing".

what the cop did was a straightup execution. i don't care if the perp had recently set a bag of kittens on fire and then proceeded to rape the cop's mother while writing bad checks to the irs.
so I'm guessing you don't watch the news? It's also not a straw man as I'm not justifying shooting him in the back but "unarmed" and fighting over a taser are not the same thing.
No, he doesn't, unless you can point me to the law that says police are allowed to shoot an unarmed man running away from them.
you don't see a difference between driving illegally, getting pulled over then possibly fighting with a cop for a weapon vs a cop just pulling a gun out and shooting a random person in the back?

Context matters.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 07:48 PM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Originally posted by MF DELPH
It's not ok to run from the police.

It's also not ok to substitute continued pursuit of an unarmed suspect with lethal force.

Walter was an idiot and should be in jail (just like Mike Brown should be), but they should both be alive. The lethal force wasn't justified, moreso in this instance than in Brown's, as we can clearly see that the victim posed no threat at the point of lethal force being administered. That's the issue.

Not being able to subdue a suspect with non-lethal means does not justify lethal force when the suspect does not pose a lethal threat. Shooting someone attempting to run away on foot from a speeding ticket, for example, would not be justified. That person would be an idiot, but they shouldn't be a dead idiot, they should be an incarcerated idiot with possible minor injuries from a physical apprehending.

You can't substitute bullets for running.
Tbf in both videos it appears he are stripped of his less lethal weapon, so I can grasp the straws of the thoughts that form this line of taking a shot... He really should have aimed for a leg and definitely shouldn't have fired 8 rounds.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 07:55 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
so I'm guessing you don't watch the news? It's also not a straw man as I'm not justifying shooting him in the back but "unarmed" and fighting over a taser are not the same thing. you don't see a difference between driving illegally, getting pulled over then possibly fighting with a cop for a weapon vs a cop just pulling a gun out and shooting a random person in the back?

Context matters.

you're not adding context. you're just being disingenuous and slimy, trying to divert focus from the core issue to justify something while claiming not to. same horseshit as when someone says "i'm not saying she deserved to be raped but look at the slutty skirt she was wearing and the seedy bar she was hanging out in, etc. context matters."

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 08:14 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
you're not adding context. you're just being disingenuous and slimy, trying to divert focus from the core issue to justify something while claiming not to. same horseshit as when someone says "i'm not saying she deserved to be raped but look at the slutty skirt she was wearing and the seedy bar she was hanging out in, etc. context matters."
I'll let your flaming pass as I know a lot of people take these cases personally, but your analogy is false. It's more apt to a woman walking naked into a men's prison shower. He FOUGHT a cop, and was shot, but to pretend he was out tending to his lawn and a big old evil cop was just out shooting people at random is false.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 10:16 PM