KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » South Carolina police officer charged with murder

South Carolina police officer charged with murder
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

Is it confirmed that he actually fought the cop?

dadudemon's image does appear to show a taser being planted.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 10:27 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Is it confirmed that he actually fought the cop?

The witness said there was a struggle, but that the guy was trying to just get away, not actually hurt the cop.

I don't think he said the guy was trying to take the taser either.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 10:30 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

lets say he was. lets say he bitchslapped the cop into next tuesday and ran. he was unarmed and shot in the back while fleeing. the cop was in the wrong. end of story.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 10:53 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I don't think anyone said the cop wasn't in the wrong.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 11:19 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

it's implied when people suggest the need for more context beyond the simple fact in order to make a judgement.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 11:29 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
I'll let your flaming pass as I know a lot of people take these cases personally, but your analogy is false. It's more apt to a woman walking naked into a men's prison shower. He FOUGHT a cop, and was shot, but to pretend he was out tending to his lawn and a big old evil cop was just out shooting people at random is false.

thumb up

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 12:10 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

how considerate of you star to quote one of the comments in question.

so as you can see, mindset, you were mistaken.

you're alright star. thanks bro. thumb up

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 12:28 AM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
lets say he was. lets say he bitchslapped the cop into next tuesday and ran. he was unarmed and shot in the back while fleeing. the cop was in the wrong. end of story.

Anyone who does something like that (bitchslaps) to a cop is a menace to society. People like that have no respect for rules or laws and won't hesitate to hurt someone to get what they want. If something like that happened and the officer warned the guy to stop or else he'd shoot and the guy just kept running then yeah, it was justified alright.

That's not what happened in this case though. The officer wasn't hurt as far as I know and he gave no warning to the guy to stop before shooting him. Hopefully, the officer will be spending a long time behind bars for second degree murder but to say that the victim wasn't partially to blame for what happened is ridiculous. You don't struggle with a cop. You don't badmouth him. You do what the Hell he says. You sure as Hell aren't suppose to try running from him. That's common friggin sense that parents should instill into their children as early as possible. Guess this guys parents failed to teach him to respect those in authority and now he's dead as a result.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Apr 11th, 2015 at 12:43 AM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 12:37 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ms Chelle
ubuntu

The officer was not in danger of losing his own life when the man ran from him so it was not justified. Our officers are not judges and/or juries. They have a duty to protect all life, including the ones of know criminals/menaces of societies.

made by Scribble

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 12:49 AM
Ms Chelle is currently offline Click here to Send Ms Chelle a Private Message Find more posts by Ms Chelle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

I watched the show cops the other night. Some guy with his girl in the car ran from police. Somehow (lol drunk) ran off the road into a tree. He and the girl were thrown from the car and lived. He was barely able to walk and just crawled as the police tasered him 5-6 times and kicked and punched him in the face I don't know how many times. He was absolutely no threat. My friend was telling me that if anyone runs and doesn't surrender right away they're subjected to anything the arresting officer feels fit. Hoping that's not true

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 02:20 AM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stringer
If you're white, what would be the worry?

This is a slippery slope though. I'm not saying white people have to worry, persay. However, if these cops and their behavior is left unchecked it's really not going to be any one race that needs to worry about cops, but ALL of them. You start to think you can get away with shooting people of color, then you begin to think..hey why not anyone who pisses me off?

I just think this day and age the mindset of "this can never happen to me" in regards to anything is a dangerous one to have.

Last edited by Surtur on Apr 11th, 2015 at 04:16 PM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 04:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Tzeentch
The outrage is from shooting a man who has his back to you and is running away... in which case it really doesn't matter what their crimes are.

It does. Pretend he is wanted for multiple violent murders and at least a few were caught on camera (meaning, there's no such thing as reasonable doubt that "this is the guy").

"I'm going to go kill your family as soon as I get free. Your mother, your father, your wife, and your daughter. Here are their addresses. *Gives addresses* I have guns stashed near their addresses. If I can't get to them, I will call someone to kill them when I get free."

Then he gets away form the tasing and starts running.

The law-breaker is absolutely a victim in this situation however and deserves all of the sympathy and outrage he can get as there is no justification for the police' actions, thus pointing out that the victim might have been a sleaze bag prior to his death is more or less a red herring.

In this case, yes. He seems like a small-peanuts poor guy (may have committed in his past but nothing serious).

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 08:41 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Star428
Heh, so the victim deserves no blame here at all for running away from the cop? LOL. I guess this attitude shouldn't surprise me here on KMC. He knew damn well that running away could result in him being shot at.

I know you have me on ignore because you hate how well I destroy idiotic statements, like this. But if you don't have me on ignore, read this post because it is good:

Here's your problem: it is unreasonable and barbaric for you to hold an idea like this.

No unarmed citizen should ever expect to get shot in the back while running away from law-enforcement. Ever. In fact, in almost all citizen-police encounters, a citizen should be able to assume that their life will remain intact after the confrontation. Here's what you're missing from your understanding, most especially, so pay attention: EVEN IF YOU ARE ARMED AND VIOLENT, AN ENCOUNTER WITH POLICE DOES NOT NEED TO RESULT IN THE LOSS OF [any] LIFE.

Obviously, the optimal/best outcome is no one loses their life and an attacker or would-be-violent-offender is peacefully subdued. That should be the goal of any law-enforcement.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 08:45 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

In that situation you would [should?] chase him then- that's what the police are trained to do. If he was armed it'd be a different story, but he wasn't.

edit- Actually, I think we're on the same wavelength.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 08:48 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by MF DELPH
Walter was an idiot and should be in jail (just like Mike Brown should be), but they should both be alive.

thumb up

Originally posted by NemeBro

The first 5 times I watched that gif, I was creeped out. That's the kind of shit you see on corrupt cop movies. Stuff of fantasy. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. If it is what it it appears to be...all my rage...all of it.

In that situation you would [should?] chase him then- that's what the police are trained to do. If he was armed it'd be a different story, but he wasn't.

edit- Actually, I think we're on the same wavelength.

Possibly but in that case where it was proven that the perp was definitely confirmed to be violent, is homicidal, and had a history of following through on threats, the cop may be justified in a criminal court for shooting him as he ran (meaning, he wouldn't lose his job or serve time). Meaning, he may be viewed as exercising reasonable force against a known homicidal violent criminal.

This is not the case at all, here. I think the book should be thrown at this criminal (former cop).

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 08:54 PM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Originally posted by Stringer
I watched the show cops the other night. Some guy with his girl in the car ran from police. Somehow (lol drunk) ran off the road into a tree. He and the girl were thrown from the car and lived. He was barely able to walk and just crawled as the police tasered him 5-6 times and kicked and punched him in the face I don't know how many times. He was absolutely no threat. My friend was telling me that if anyone runs and doesn't surrender right away they're subjected to anything the arresting officer feels fit. Hoping that's not true
Your friend isn't technically wrong, if an officer "feels" threatened they can use "up to" lethal force. They have to be able to defend their actions later though.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 11:21 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by dadudemon
I know you have me on ignore because you hate how well I destroy idiotic statements, like this. But if you don't have me on ignore, read this post because it is good:

Here's your problem: it is unreasonable and barbaric for you to hold an idea like this.

No unarmed citizen should ever expect to get shot in the back while running away from law-enforcement. Ever. In fact, in almost all citizen-police encounters, a citizen should be able to assume that their life will remain intact after the confrontation. Here's what you're missing from your understanding, most especially, so pay attention: EVEN IF YOU ARE ARMED AND VIOLENT, AN ENCOUNTER WITH POLICE DOES NOT NEED TO RESULT IN THE LOSS OF [any] LIFE.

Obviously, the optimal/best outcome is no one loses their life and an attacker or would-be-violent-offender is peacefully subdued. That should be the goal of any law-enforcement.

Quoted, on the off chance that Star has you on ignore but not me.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 11:29 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

when you make foolish statements like "never" you invite criticism. Let's wait till all information come out before we condemn this officer.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 12:55 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
when you make foolish statements like "never" you invite criticism. Let's wait till all information come out before we condemn this officer.

Who/what post are you even replying to?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 12:56 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I do think you should never expect to get shot in the back, but I also think you should never run from the cops. It doesn't mean what the cop did was right, but don't give these creeps an excuse to shoot you.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 02:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote