KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » South Carolina police officer charged with murder

South Carolina police officer charged with murder
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindset

The officer may have been taken over my an alien parasite.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 06:34 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
The officer may have been taken over my an alien parasite.

Should I call Josh Harnett?

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 07:19 PM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
I'm not exonerating the officer, I'm giving examples of how jumping to conclusions is wrong.

3rd time saying this.

Yes, but the evidence is so heavily against the officer that you could argue that we're beyond reasonable doubt.

And once again, I very much doubt you'd be this determined to wait on additional evidence if we were talking about the officer's murder and examining Walter Scott's culpability.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 08:03 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Yes, but the evidence is so heavily against the officer that you could argue that we're beyond reasonable doubt.

And once again, I very much doubt you'd be this determined to wait on additional evidence if we were talking about the officer's murder and examining Walter Scott's culpability.
what are you basing your last statement on? Do you know Sargon's Law?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 09:07 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
what are you basing your last statement on? Do you know Sargon's Law?

Your general attitude in this thread.

I looked it up, and I don't see how that describes me.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 01:25 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laurie

The fact of the matter is that there are an ever increasing number of bad cops these days, and it isn't a national problem, but a universal one.

Notwithstanding this particular case, of which I know little about, the problem seems to be that cops are seemingly recruited without any attempt to assess them with a psych evaluation.

There isn't anyone among us that doesn't know that to put a badge, a gun and a uniform on some people can bring out the worst kind of mindset. Some of them become pissed with power, and turn overnight, into little Hitlers. It's a common human trait in many; moreover, it happens in many corporate or authoritative communities.

The frightening thing about it all is that the phenomenon is becoming ever more commonplace, and one simply has to wonder why, and/or if there is any vested rhyme or reason to these organizations 'enforcing' their criteria onto Joe and Jane Public; why some of them believe that they are above the law, and why are they getting away with so much.

I read about a guy that served 27 years for a crime that DNA tests recently proved him to be innocent of. He's certainly not the first by a long shot, and I doubt he will be the last.

Race aside (I don't care if someone is sky blue pink with yellow dots), we are all, each and every one of us, entitled to question what is becoming more and more a police state.

If we're going to go down that road, we might just as well abolish courts, lawyers, judges and the legal system. Not that the legal system isn't desperately in need of a thorough overhaul. Lawyers, both defense and prosecutors are in it for the win, and justice comes way down the listing in their criteria's.

Evidence, from both sides, is often withheld, and a lot of nifty verbal footplay is utilized.

It's a farce, and very, very worrying...

Don't piss me off, I'm having difficulties finding new places to hide the bodies...

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 03:05 PM
Laurie is currently offline Click here to Send Laurie a Private Message Find more posts by Laurie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Excellent post, Laurie. I'm glad not everyone on this website afterall is so blind and naïve to not be able to see that we're becoming more and more like a police state.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 03:40 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

I don't think the "police state" future is a very likely one. If anything, most of the recent incidents have been cases of corrupt/racist local police forces abusing their power. If anything, when the Federal government intervenes it often cleans up the local police forces and puts them on notice.

And it is very much a racial/class issue. People like me (educated, white middle class) don't often become victims of police abuse. It would be incredibly irregular if my civil liberties were ignored and I was brutalized by police just for walking around and "looking suspicious" as often happens to poor and black (but especially poor black) people.

Saying "oh well, police are just out of control, race isn't really that important" is a platitude that ignores that the recent spate of police abuses is a symptom of two separate problems that have converged: one, the recent militarization of police, and two, America's poor relationship with its black populace that only got a little better after the Civil Rights era. To solve the first problem, we need to reform the police on a national scale. For the second, we need to change how the nation views race and race relations and stop acting as if we are really equal. We're not, but we should be.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 04:14 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wake up.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 04:26 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Any objective analysis shows that police corruption is going down, not up. This sort of thing used to happen all the time and nobody batted an eyelid. Even in somewhere like LA, where the police have a particularly bad rep, it is as nothing to the massive and endemic corruption it had through the first six decades of the 20th century; even after prohibition, the LA police chief felt secure in publicly instructing his officers to shoot dead communists as anti-Americans had no constitutional rights. The trend is definitely downwards; people don't stand for it any more. It's not getting more commonplace- it just gets exposed now.

Ditto political corruption. The recent expenses scandal in the UK was about the MPs using expenses to pay for fancy gardening work or extra home leases. It;s good they are held to high account but when you look at corruption down the ages, that's trifling stuff.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 04:41 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Star428
Excellent post, Laurie. I'm glad not everyone on this website afterall is so blind and naïve to not be able to see that we're becoming more and more like a police state.

In police states the population is always rattling on other citizens, they quickly add to the corruption. There is no us and them when it comes to authority, if you really believe there is a police state, you should watch for your neighbors and stop posting compromising opinions in a public website.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 04:53 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laurie

Originally posted by Bentley
In police states the population is always rattling on other citizens, they quickly add to the corruption. There is no us and them when it comes to authority, if you really believe there is a police state, you should watch for your neighbors and stop posting compromising opinions in a public website.

Firstly, I don't have neighbors; the nearest to me is a quarter of a mile down the lane; and secondly how on earth is stating facts as they are compromising opinions on a public website.

Do tell, is this a forum for all opinions, or just yours?

Don't piss me off, I'm having difficulties finding new places to hide the bodies...

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 05:59 PM
Laurie is currently offline Click here to Send Laurie a Private Message Find more posts by Laurie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Mindset
So based on no evidence lol.

Do you know how a taser works?

Everyone knows that when you're tased it causes you to scream "taser!", you dummy

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 10:49 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Laurie
Firstly, I don't have neighbors; the nearest to me is a quarter of a mile down the lane; and secondly how on earth is stating facts as they are compromising opinions on a public website.

Do tell, is this a forum for all opinions, or just yours?

It only applies to people who think they live in a police state and are being oppressed. If you consider yourself to live in a community where rights are respected and the militarization of local authorities isn't a problem be my guest and post whatever you want.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 04:47 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laurie

Originally posted by Bentley
It only applies to people who think they live in a police state and are being oppressed.

What does? The fact of the matter is that in many area's of the western world (not that other area's are any better) the police are not there as Judge, Jury or Executioners. They're there to uphold the law, protect the people they serve and whom pay their wages, and to keep the peace. Since when was it written that they could use unnecessary violence against any citizen?

There are good cops, no-one is denying that, but there are also a hell of a lot of bad cops whom believe that they are untouchable, and invincible. And whether you like it or not, there are also cops whom are blatantly racist. That's a fact!

quote:
If you consider yourself to live in a community where rights are respected and the militarization of local authorities isn't a problem be my guest and post whatever you want.

I am white and hold a dual nationality passport. My rights are respected, mostly; I have to admit that I have never had a run in with any law enforcement officer, never been to court; however, one would have to be blind deaf and dumb not to see and hear what is going on in the real world.

Moreover, thank you for believing that you can invite me to post whatever I want to, but you see, it was quite unnecessary. I don't need your permission. I run two of my own forum sites, and am in the process of opening up a third.

I've never been pulled up for any post that I have made, anywhere on the net (and I am a member of quite a few others forums). I'm polite, and don't use offensive language, or bully people. So, I don't think I need your permission to post, and trust me, I won't lose one nano-second of sleep over your opinion of me. You don't know me.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 04:48 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

guilty of second degree murder, 20 year sentence.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cop-michae...ory?id=51595376

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 03:42 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
guilty of second degree murder, 20 year sentence.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cop-michae...ory?id=51595376

Almost faints at verdict and sentence, high fives bash!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 06:00 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

indeed, justice at last. 20 years may seem a tad lenient, but in this context it's surreal. you really don't see hard-time like this handed to police who commit murder. cellphone cameras are changing our society and thank f*ck for that.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:51 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
indeed, justice at last. 20 years may seem a tad lenient, but in this context it's surreal. you really don't see hard-time like this handed to police who commit murder. cellphone cameras are changing our society and thank f*ck for that.

thumb up

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:52 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well that is good news. They all need to be given these cams. Take the money they get from red light cameras and spend it on that.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:52 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote