KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04...xbox-one-ps4-pc

The next Deus Ex game has leaked, and Adam Jensen is back as protagonist (pretty sure he died but that didn't stop him the first time and dudes half machine anyway so whatever). God, gaming is off the charts for me right now. With Deus Ex getting a sequel, Silent Hill getting an upcoming entry, and MGS5 coming out, three of my top five games are getting next gen versions. Hype level is immeasurable!

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 04:51 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

PWNT

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 06:57 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

All I can say is... wow. It looks great.

Here's to hoping that they fix the god damn ****ing boss battles this time around. I still haven't beaten HR because I'm stuck fighting the dude who turns off all your augs, and I'm too stubborn to lower the difficulty from Give Me Deuce Ex.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 07:05 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hahaha.

Yeah, that's what happens when you outsource!

Also the balls of Square Enix to re-release HR with better boss battles and charge previous owners money for it.....

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 02:10 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Hahaha.

Yeah, that's what happens when you outsource!

Also the balls of Square Enix to re-release HR with better boss battles and charge previous owners money for it.....
To be fair, it also comes with the DLC lol

I bought that version for PC. I'll play through it again probably in the summer.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 02:42 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

True.

But at least patch the previous game with the updated boss battles. I don't agree that people should expect a free update for a remaster or anything like that but they did specifically fix an major issue regarding the game.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 05:41 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

game looks off the charts.. i'll be buying

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 06:40 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

As much as I liked Jensen I feel like his story was done so seeing him again is kinda "ehhhh"

Oh well, hope the game turns out great.

Howdy!

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 07:07 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Man, these guys always make the most epic trailers. I remember being blown away by the Human Revolution trailer too. Also really happy to see Jensen's voice actor back.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 09:18 PM
Arachnid1

quote:
-Takes place in 2029, 2 years after Human Revolution
-Listed as single-player, no mention of multiplayer
-Jensen is part of a covert, goverment-sponsored task force called Task Force 29, a new bracnh of Interpol, to combat a new breed of terrorism
-Jensen doesn't full trust Task Force 29, also feeds intel to another covert organization called the Juggernaut Collective
-In true Deus Ex fashion, you often receive conflicting missions, neither can be fully trusted
-Boss encounters are designed in a way to allow players to approach any way they want (stealth, full combat, etc)
-Eidos won't comment on which ending it considers canon but is trying to string together different parts of each ending for the overall background of Mankind Divided
-Story is in many ways a story of redemption for Jensen
-The story they're telling is building to events that take place in the original Deus Ex
-With Mankind Divided, they're exploring the original game's past; "Is the depiction of past events from the original Deus Ex true? Will we discover stuff we never knew?"
-Added a lot of diversity to the environments
-Females are also now part of the regular enemies in the game
-One of Jensen's missions takes him to Utulek Station in Prague, now a ghetto for augmented individuals
-It is nicknamed "Golem City", based on the real life Kowloon Walled City
-Shops line the streets, temporary housing units stacked on one another reaching upwards toward the sky; claustrophobic atmosphere
-Mission to track down a leader of an aug group, but police have captured the informant
-Can choose to butter up the informant's wife for clues or cause a scene with the police
-Alternatively Jensen can bypass this area of the game altogether and find the leader's hideout on his own
-Mentions Jensen engaging in tense conversation with the leader, resulting in a diplomatic solution or violence
-Transhumans (augs) referred to as "clanks" by police
-"You can go full combat or full stealth throughout any part of the game"
-Side quests meant to be more meaningful; ex. players can choose to make deals with criminal organizations and its mob boss might call in a favor later interrupting main missions
-Doesn't want fetch quests, the team sees the extra quests as a way to explore the main themes of the game more deeply
-Features twice as many augmentations as Human Revolution
-Aug examples:
Tesla: little darts pop out of Jensen's knuckles allowing him to tag enemies and take them out quietly
Silent Run: Allows Jensen to move quickly across any floor without making a sound (can combine with cloaking)
C.A.S.I.E.: Allows Jensen to analyze the mental state of individuals, helping him to respond adequately in conversations
PEPS Gun: Non-lethal weapon that pops out of Jensen's bionic arm and fires a concussive blast allowing him to knock an enemy out, kill him or flee
-Augmentation features can be assigned on the d-pad for quick selection
-Augmentations consume a fixed amount of energy, when Jensen stops using them he regains a portion of it
-Can still refill his augs completely with bio cells, Eidos wants the recharge mechanic to encourage using augs more liberally
-New remote hack augmentation allows Jensen to activate shortcuts through areas to pass enemies
-No plan for Human Revolution saves to carry over, but Eidos is planning for a franchise now, want to expand further after HR's success
-No plans for a Deus Ex MMO
-Eidos noted fans who played stealthily enjoyed the game more so spent several years iterating on gunplay
-Mankind Divided's moment-to-moment action plays out like a series of set-piece moments, a 'remarkable feat' considering nothing is scripted
-Jensen can adjust his weapons at any point mid-battle, changing ammo type, firing pattern, scopes, etc
-Some enemies have external tech like exoskeletons and mechs to combat Jensen
-Variety of enemies have a diversity of weapons, augments, or other high-tech combat tools, some have high-jump abilities, etc
-Focused on making A.I. more aggressive, flanking, etc
-Certain elements of the environment now react to combat

That sounds so damn good

PWNT

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 11:07 PM
Based
iPinoy

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:01 AM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 19th, 2015 02:37 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well, shit.

I had always looked at Human Revolution as being an "okay" game. Not great, not shit. That was my first impression. I finally got around to playing it a bit more and... Damn, even with its flaws, it's an amazing game, and if Mankind Divided is even half as good, I'm going to want to play it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 05:58 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by -Pr-
Well, shit.

I had always looked at Human Revolution as being an "okay" game. Not great, not shit. That was my first impression. I finally got around to playing it a bit more and... Damn, even with its flaws, it's an amazing game, and if Mankind Divided is even half as good, I'm going to want to play it.
I'm glad you gave it a chance! It's an amazing game experience.

I expect Mankind Divided to blow it away though

PWNT

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 06:50 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, it is. I'm also impressed that they got the feeling of the old Deus Ex perfectly.

There is definitely things to improve though.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 07:20 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Gonna be an awesome game. I just wish they changed the battery drain = takedown mechanic.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 08:36 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'm glad you gave it a chance! It's an amazing game experience.

I expect Mankind Divided to blow it away though

The gameplay footage was VERY promising.

Originally posted by KingD19
Gonna be an awesome game. I just wish they changed the battery drain = takedown mechanic.

What do you mean?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 20th, 2015 05:45 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by -Pr-
What do you mean?
It's been patched, but the battery drain mechanic in the beginning was very restrictive. It was a criticism back when the game first came out. Since then, they reworked it a bit.

I think he's talking about that

PWNT

Old Post Aug 20th, 2015 06:50 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I wasn't aware there was a patch. Haven't played in a while and wasn't sure if it remained in the sequel. But yeah in the beginning you could only do take downs, stealth otherwise by having battery packs and every takedown took a certain number of packs. No packs = no takedowns

Old Post Aug 20th, 2015 09:18 AM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by KingD19
I wasn't aware there was a patch. Haven't played in a while and wasn't sure if it remained in the sequel. But yeah in the beginning you could only do take downs, stealth otherwise by having battery packs and every takedown took a certain number of packs. No packs = no takedowns
It still works the same, but you have two battery packs that automatically recharge and replenishing items are more liberally placed

I haven't tried it with the new system yet, but I hear it improves things greatly. I plan on playing through again before MD comes out though, so I'll let you know

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Aug 20th, 2015 at 09:09 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2015 08:55 PM