KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Converging Thoughts

Converging Thoughts
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Converging Thoughts

a thread for thoughts/scans/predictions/discussions on this major dc event.

i'll be the first to admit i have not read everything necessary leading up to the event. i've read a few things--some superman, some e2, going through world's end now and will read future's end.

i guess to start, if someone hadn't read ANYTHING in dc up til this point, what BASIC material would you recommend they read to get at least a general idea of what is going on?

next, in convergence 1, did the injustice universe get whacked?? confused can anyone tell me how/where injustice supes lost his power or got that scar?? i thought injustice ended with year 3 but none of that happened in year 3. so...where did it happen...?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 03:11 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Re: Converging Thoughts

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
next, in convergence 1, did the injustice universe get whacked?? confused can anyone tell me how/where injustice supes lost his power or got that scar?? i thought injustice ended with year 3 but none of that happened in year 3. so...where did it happen...?
Well, the Injustice earth definitely looks f*cked. Dunno if the entire universe was destroyed, though.

Injustice: Year 4 begins next month. Maybe we'll get some answers then.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 05:35 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

It's probably all answered in the game. At least how Superman is captured.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 06:10 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by ares834
It's probably all answered in the game. At least how Superman is captured.

it really isn't. i've played the game to the end a couple times. he gets caught and held in a prison that takes his power, but nothing with the scar that i recall and they seemed to imply he was depowered, as opposed to imprisoned and dampened. i'm really curious what all that was supposed to be about.

i agree--superman #1 was pretty cool. i found it odd they never said which era that initial gotham was from though....there were plenty of versions of supes who had a kid, but i was a bit confused about the version of gotham i was supposed to be reading about. it was clearly mentioned the other gotham was the flashpoint gotham, so i thought it was weird they didn't specify superman's gotham.... i wonder what year that version is from (in rl)?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 06:50 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Everyone in the cities was depowered.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 07:50 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by ares834
Everyone in the cities was depowered.

realized that after reading a couple issues. thumb up

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 07:55 PM
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

I got so hype when I saw the injustice universe, didn't think I'd see them out of all the possible ones. Hope they weren't just used as fodder

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 11:25 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Batgirl- Pretty good! Cass uses a few too many words, and Steph is oddly down on herself (she calls herself the one not-good at fighting, but by the time of her own series she was quite good, better than pre-reboot Babs-as-Batgirl to be sure), but, like, the writer is no Beechan. Somewhat curious where this is going.

Supergirl Matrix: Oh. My. Blog. I have read just the preview of this and, gah! The first page alone!

Take a look

Two boobs/butt shots on one page, some extremely pointy nipples, and calling Linda/Matrix "Not really Supergirl." And the next pages have Luthor say the same thing *and* threaten her! (Refresher: At the time Lex was pretending to be in own son and in love with Matrix to manipulate her).

Was this, like, designed to send fans of Matrix Supergirl into a rage?

The artist should be fired and the writer... it's like Giffen was working off crappy cliffnotes of the Matrix Supergirl era by someone who doesn't like Matrix.

Last edited by Q99 on Apr 15th, 2015 at 09:40 AM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 09:35 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I kinda thought Convergence would get bigger reaction... no-one's talking about it?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 11:16 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Frankly, it looks like a bit of a mess. I guess it's difficult to juggle everything going on and keep it coherent. Though admittedly I've only read the main issues (which were OK) and a few of the others. But that Supergirl Matrix issue was garbage. And was that the Stan Lee's Just Imagine characters getting wiped out? (minus Shazam I think).

Makes me wonder how well Secret Wars will manage what looks like the same concept.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 02:14 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i agree--i think this could have been rendered a LOT more simply. i tried following some of the build up issues and i gotta admit--i didn't think the planet would be the big villain (i know the BIG villain is brainiac--i thought there would be more of his direct involvement in the issues) and i'm not sure i buy (yet) that a simple proclamation would be enough to get all these guys to try and kill each other. maybe it's just early--i'm currently reading through the the books associated with #2 but that's my early impression.

i will admit though--the simple thought of some of the potential battles does have me excited. reminds me (not unintentionally) of contest of champions. it's a simple premise that almost never fails to create anticipation. also, said anticipation is rarely ever met by a satisfactory ending.....maybe this one will be different?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 02:53 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, it is a convoluted mess right now... I'm not really digging it too much, atm. That being said, I am eagerly awaiting the DC One Million issue--that era/continuity will always have a direct line to my heart. thumb up

Anywho, this 'Telos' fellow is pretty much doing the exact same thing that Monarch did back in Countdown: Arena: pitting characters from various universes against one another in a multiversal game of survival of the fittest. The only difference is the ridiculously haxx scale on which Telos is operating--evidently any universe that has ever existed throughout DC's history is accessible to him. The writers could easily explain how this is possible by simply [re]introducing the concept of Hypertime in this story... But who knows if that will happen. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 20th, 2015 at 04:07 PM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 04:00 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

There's no way this can be as bad as Countdown Arena ^^

What a botch of such a simple premise that was! 'Instead of seeing alts of characters fight so we can see real, intense "X vs Y" battles, characters almost exclusively fight alts of themselves, the fights aren't great, the reasoning for it is crappy, and in the end everyone not main-universe is fodder'.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2015 02:22 PM
krisblaze

Originally posted by Q99
I kinda thought Convergence would get bigger reaction... no-one's talking about it?

I don't think anyone really cares about DC's constant reboots anymore...

I know I don't care about anything DC-related outside what Morrison writes sad

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Apr 21st, 2015 03:07 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Q99
There's no way this can be as bad as Countdown Arena ^^

What a botch of such a simple premise that was! 'Instead of seeing alts of characters fight so we can see real, intense "X vs Y" battles, characters almost exclusively fight alts of themselves, the fights aren't great, the reasoning for it is crappy, and in the end everyone not main-universe is fodder'.
I didn't say it was as bad as Arena. I said the premise was similar.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2015 03:09 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

anyone else finding this thing feeling really contrived what, with the way some of the characters just HAPPEN to be in the cities they are in....?

i enjoyed the aquaman issue. suicide squad seems like it may be cool too.... anyone holding out hope for other issues?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2015 11:23 AM
-K-M-

I'm surprised the Earth 2 characters are playing such a big role

Was actually sad to see [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Thomas die

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 07:52 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I'm only planning on getting the issue with Captain Carrot fighting Harley...but now I'm seriously perplexed and worried after seeing a preview panel.

Already before I was wondering just how the hell Harley is suppose to fight the team, but now it seems that's been answered because the Zoo Crew has been nerfed apparently.

I'm rather dismayed at this because it seems like Harley's gonna win just because she's more popular and the fact, that the Zoo crew has been nerfed if what she did to Pig Iron is anything to go by...which was completely dumb.

I hope this won't affect Carrot's appearance in the Multiversity series seeing as he's a main character and possibly the entire Zoo Crew appearing in it at some point.

Last edited by Zenwolf on May 3rd, 2015 at 10:22 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 10:19 PM
Zenwolf is currently offline Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote