KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Converging Thoughts

Converging Thoughts
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tjcoady

The easiest thing? I'd recommend reading every issue of Booster Gold you can get your hands on. Dan Jurgens and Geoff Johns wrote the title, and his whole deal is flitting between worlds.... And Johns has been messing around with this since IC, and Booster has been there.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 01:10 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

And there have been all sorts of versions of Darkseid around. He's coming back.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 01:12 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

surprised this hasn't generated more discussion. 7 issues in, any thoughts? disappointed? impressed? somewhere in between...?

Old Post May 24th, 2015 10:28 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The event has been terrible, imo. Even the tie-ins are horrid.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 24th, 2015 11:04 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It ****ing sucks. What the hell? The reboot had so much potential...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 24th, 2015 11:10 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Really? From what I've heard the tie-ins are really good. I just have no interest because the main event is absolute garbage.

Old Post May 24th, 2015 11:10 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

This wasn't intended to be a major event like Secret Wars. It was just a filler event, so DC can produce books in the middle of the move to Burbank, CA.

The only thing that will happen is writers can use characters from any time period now.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05...ter-converence/

Old Post May 24th, 2015 11:37 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

ok, cool. glad i'm not the only one to think it sucks....

Old Post May 25th, 2015 12:59 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
This wasn't intended to be a major event like Secret Wars. It was just a filler event, so DC can produce books in the middle of the move to Burbank, CA.

The only thing that will happen is writers can use characters from any time period now.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05...ter-converence/

If only that somehow made it better.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 25th, 2015 01:08 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Originally posted by Galan007
I didn't say it was as bad as Arena. I said the premise was similar.
Disagree. It's worse than Countdown: Arena.
Originally posted by leonidas
surprised this hasn't generated more discussion. 7 issues in, any thoughts? disappointed? impressed? somewhere in between...?
If Convergence was a newborn baby, I'd step on it and slowly crush it to death. It's Age of Ultron-levels of bad.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post May 25th, 2015 01:16 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by -Pr-
If only that somehow made it better.

I was hoping for better battles, tbh. The real mini relaunch is in June. Which really has nothing to do with Convergence. June has a lot of diversity.

Old Post May 25th, 2015 01:19 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blockythe1guy

Not only it's somewhat bad but some few things doesn't make sense, Like the end of issue and few of it's tie-ins.

If only it would be a big event like secret wars. It would had been better.

Old Post May 25th, 2015 01:49 AM
Blockythe1guy is currently offline Click here to Send Blockythe1guy a Private Message Find more posts by Blockythe1guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Blockythe1guy
Not only it's somewhat bad but some few things doesn't make sense, Like the end of issue and few of it's tie-ins.

If only it would be a big event like secret wars. It would had been better.

It wasn't intended to be a big event like SW. Just a 2 month filler.

Old Post May 25th, 2015 02:06 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by ODG If Convergence was a newborn baby, I'd step on it and slowly crush it to death. It's Age of Ultron-levels of bad. [/B]

The comic series or the movie?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 25th, 2015 07:50 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

DC needs to put more planning into their events... I mean, even though this isn't a big one, there's still a lot of sloppiness.

Old Post May 26th, 2015 02:25 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

It's a two month throw away event. Just so they can produce some books for both months. DC got a 7% increase because of it. Some of the books were ok, actually. I don't even think it's THAT bad.

Old Post May 26th, 2015 02:31 AM
Q99

It's more that they treat it as a 'throwaway event' and let themselves get sloppy.

Old Post May 26th, 2015 03:01 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Q99
It's more that they treat it as a 'throwaway event' and let themselves get sloppy.

What don't you like about it?

Old Post May 26th, 2015 03:05 AM
Q99

Originally posted by Golgo13
What don't you like about it?

There's several of the books given to writers who are blatantly unfamiliar with the characters (Batgirl, Supergirl). Some of 'em aim for the nostalgia value of the particular eras they're from, and *those* are great, but others are just, 'here's two month's filler.'

Old Post May 26th, 2015 08:58 AM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Q99
There's several of the books given to writers who are blatantly unfamiliar with the characters (Batgirl, Supergirl). Some of 'em aim for the nostalgia value of the particular eras they're from, and *those* are great, but others are just, 'here's two month's filler.'

Yeah, I agree. The Wetworks felt very unfamiliar. And the whole crossover with Batman was awful. However, there are some gems in the mix, I thought. Like any crossover, you're going to have some good and some bad.

Old Post May 26th, 2015 03:51 PM