KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Converging Thoughts

Converging Thoughts
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Its pretty awful. Even by bad event standards its bad.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post May 26th, 2015 10:06 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Endless Mike
The comic series or the movie?
I'll let you think long and hard about that one.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post May 27th, 2015 02:34 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The way Convergence sloppily tried to tie together all major events was laughable(in an "embarrassed-to-be-a-fan-of-the-company" sort of way)--as was the knee-jerk retcon of COIE. This was, imo, the worst event DC has ever produced... Arguably the worst from any company.

Golgo should be ashamed of himself. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 27th, 2015 at 05:21 PM

Old Post May 27th, 2015 05:14 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Nah, Bloodlines is still the worst event ever. This came close though.

Old Post May 27th, 2015 05:20 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Golgo13
It's a two month throw away event. Just so they can produce some books for both months. DC got a 7% increase because of it. Some of the books were ok, actually. I don't even think it's THAT bad.

Old Post May 27th, 2015 05:25 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

laughing out loud

One of the greatest stories in comics thrown in trash off panel. **** you didio.

Old Post May 27th, 2015 06:13 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blockythe1guy

If they retcon of COIE which also retcon every reboot they had even maybe all other retcons then how everything is still looking post-flashpoint?.....So confusing damnit.

DC has finally broke there own continuity into pieces. To the point there wasn't a continuity anymore.

Last edited by Blockythe1guy on May 27th, 2015 at 08:01 PM

Old Post May 27th, 2015 07:59 PM
Blockythe1guy is currently offline Click here to Send Blockythe1guy a Private Message Find more posts by Blockythe1guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

It's time travel. They created an alternate multiverse where CoIE didn't happen.

Old Post May 27th, 2015 08:00 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by abhilegend

I say even Bloodlines doesn't top Amazon's Attack.

Yeah, I agree. The Wetworks felt very unfamiliar. And the whole crossover with Batman was awful. However, there are some gems in the mix, I thought. Like any crossover, you're going to have some good and some bad.

Kinda a shotgun approach. Rucka's books were good.

Old Post May 28th, 2015 03:30 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Galan007
The way Convergence sloppily tried to tie together all major events was laughable(in an "embarrassed-to-be-a-fan-of-the-company" sort of way)--as was the knee-jerk retcon of COIE. This was, imo, the worst event DC has ever produced... Arguably the worst from any company.

Golgo should be ashamed of himself. thumb up
thumb up

It shows he isn't a fan of dc history and doesn't care what they release. As long as the dc logo is there golgo will love it.

Last edited by quanchi112 on May 28th, 2015 at 04:25 AM

Old Post May 28th, 2015 04:18 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by abhilegend

Amazon Attacks was much worse. MUCH WORSE.

Old Post May 28th, 2015 04:30 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Maybe it was a filler event. Hurry up and check the sales numbers for those months.

Old Post May 28th, 2015 04:35 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by ares834
It's time travel. They created an alternate multiverse where CoIE didn't happen.

So what does that mean going forward? No COIE? Or two realities, one that has it and one that doesn't?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 28th, 2015 04:48 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

It doesn't work like that in DC.

That's Marvel logic mate thumb up

Thanks Estacado

Old Post May 28th, 2015 08:22 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

An alternate multiverse? Where are you getting that from? There was only one COIE. Undoing the crescendo of its events *shouldn't* have created a divergent multiverse or w/e, it should have adjusted 'mainstream' time/space accordingly...

That's why these pages display the original/pre-crisis iterations of various characters/earths faded in the background, and their current/resurrected iterations displayed in the foreground:
http://i.imgur.com/dWKj6pr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/UtcFO6n.jpg

It's meant to show us that the multiverse has evolved/changed over time... Which makes sense, because it has *technically* always existed now. King/Lobdell also used this plot-point as a segway to maintain the canonicity of Multiversity--ergo several of Morrison's characters/earths being featured as the current versions.

That's how I interpreted it, at least. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 28th, 2015 at 11:41 AM

Old Post May 28th, 2015 11:35 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

No it wasn't. NO IT WASN'T.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post May 28th, 2015 12:40 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by krisblaze
It doesn't work like that in DC.

That's Marvel logic mate thumb up

To be fair, it sometimes works like that in DC. Like the Supergirl story where Linda went back to take Kara's place in the Crisis, but accidentally created a divergent timeline and thus was unable to.

quote:
quanchi112

Maybe it was a filler event. Hurry up and check the sales numbers for those months.

Funny thing: DC thought Amazon's Attack would be big, while the simultaneous Sinestro Corps War would be a minor deal.

Bloodlines is before Comichron tracks, but Amazon attack started at 55k, and ended at a paltry 39k.

Sales-wise it's probably the worse big crossover event, but even aside from that, the quality was just atrocious.

Old Post May 28th, 2015 12:46 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

They didn't create anything. The multiverse was "reset."

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

"... my body lost to the cancerous growths caused by the exposure to the multiverse. I wish to return to what I was. Help... .... me."

"It's the only way to reset the multiverse."

"The first crisis. It's too strong. If it is not changed the multiverse will once again collapse into one universe."

(please log in to view the image)

"I will send you back to the first crisis. You must prevent the collapse of the multiverse. Then everything will reset and return to what it was before I brought you all here."

Old Post May 28th, 2015 01:12 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Astner
They didn't create anything. The multiverse was "reset."

"... my body lost to the cancerous growths caused by the exposure to the multiverse. I wish to return to what I was. Help... .... me."

"It's the only way to reset the multiverse."

"The first crisis. It's too strong. If it is not changed the multiverse will once again collapse into one universe."

(please log in to view the image)

"I will send you back to the first crisis. You must prevent the collapse of the multiverse. Then everything will reset and return to what it was before I brought you all here."

And none of this contradicts what I’ve said. By preventing CoIE they effectively created (or reset if you prefer) the rest of the multiverse. The 52 universes seem to have remained unchanged from what they became after Flashpoint. Beyond that, as Galan mentioned, the Darkseid War references all the past crises including CoIE. So Mobius and Metatron still remember the Crisis happening the way it happened in the comic.

Old Post May 28th, 2015 01:40 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Originally posted by Astner

"I will send you off-panel. You will completely f*** up the entire DC multiverse. Then this entire horrible 'event' will be over and maybe everything can go back to the way it was before I started this whole mess."

Old Post May 28th, 2015 01:44 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote