KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Converging Thoughts

Converging Thoughts
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
And none of this contradicts what I’ve said.

It does. It either reset the multiverse—like the comic said—or created a new one, it can't be both.

By preventing CoIE they effectively created (or reset if you prefer) the rest of the multiverse.

Resetting the multiverse is completely different from creating a new one.

the Darkseid War references all the past crises including CoIE. So Mobius and Metatron still remember the Crisis happening the way it happened in the comic.

Can I get the source for that?

Old Post May 28th, 2015 01:47 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Astner
It does. It either reset the multiverse—like the comic said—or created a new one, it can't be both.

By resetting the multiverse they are effectively recreating the Multiverse.

Originally posted by Astner
Can I get the source for that?

Old Post May 28th, 2015 01:52 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Are you sure that took place after Convergence?

Old Post May 28th, 2015 02:01 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Presumably. It's from a comic called Divergence and is about setting up/previwing stories that come out after Convergence.

Old Post May 28th, 2015 02:14 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ The scene is actually from Justice League #40.

Anyway, the events of Futures End(which was a direct tie-in/precursor to Convergence) are set 5 years in DC's future. That said, until in-universe time catches up to that point, the crescendo of COIE should remain intact/unretconned... Time-travel paradoxes and all that. geek

Either way, different writers will always interpret things differently. I have no doubt that we'll see some wildly different takes on the happenings of Convergence in issues to come... /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 28th, 2015 at 04:35 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2015 04:22 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by ODG
No it wasn't. NO IT WASN'T.

Yes it was!

Old Post May 28th, 2015 04:51 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote:
Is it safe to assume that there is an infinite mutliverse again rather than just 52 worlds? And if so, even if the primary worlds are "evolved" into their New 52 counterparts, does that suggest that there's probably another one just like it out there somewhere?

Yes, In Convergence #8 we reference Multiversity and show you some of the Post-Convergence worlds that make up the reconstituted DC Multiverse. In many ways, the number of Worlds is now infinite. There may even be more than one Multiverse.

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/27/dec...ing-the-finale/

Old Post May 28th, 2015 04:57 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Golgo13
Yes it was!
You are arguing preference. That's impossible, nver.

Old Post May 28th, 2015 04:59 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Not exactly a new concept. The birth of a Megaverse(multiple multiverses) was prophesied by Rip years ago, during 52:
(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Galan007 on May 28th, 2015 at 05:25 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2015 05:22 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Plus, in Multiversity it was hinted when someone said, "Local Multiverse".

Looks like they'll be delving more into alternate characters in July with Justice League United.

http://www.newsarama.com/24648-spoi...-new-focus.html

Old Post May 28th, 2015 05:29 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ And the fact that, you know, The Empty Hand had already destroyed at least one other Multiverse, and was well in process of destroying another. Multiple Multiverses.

Old Post May 28th, 2015 05:49 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

It's time travel. They created an alternate multiverse where CoIE didn't happen.

i gotta admit, that's the way i interpreted it too....

whatta phukcing sh!tshow this series was. how could they have painted brainiac out to be this huge....thing, then just have him....ask for help at the end? blink

the more i think on this series, the worse headache i get. i gotta agree--this just may be the WORST event ever published. at least some of the others named were not so highly publicized, nor did they have near the expectations and expected RAMIFICATIONS of this one. basically it seems to me that dc has now opened...every door it has EVER had opened. that in itself is NOT a bad thing imo, but holy f*** they made a mess the way they did it.

that said--anyone looking forward to the darkseid war....?

Old Post May 28th, 2015 08:19 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm looking forward to Darkseid War--Johns' typically excels at these types of stories.

Frankly, DC pretty much has to consistently deliver stellar events from now on, if they're going to save face.

Last edited by Galan007 on May 28th, 2015 at 08:35 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2015 08:33 PM
ODG

Originally posted by basilisk
"I will send you off-panel. You will completely f*** up the entire DC multiverse. Then this entire horrible 'event' will be over and maybe everything can go back to the way it was before I started this whole mess."
laughing out loud

Braniac: "Hai gaiz, ty for getting me outta dat sh1tty ball D1ckmos trapped me in. Plz halp me make dis entire sh1tty event go away by jumpin off-panel for 3 pages and we cans pretend dis nvr happend."

That is literally what happened.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post May 28th, 2015 08:35 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up

Old Post May 28th, 2015 09:03 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Wasn't Brainiac trapped by the efforts of Mr. Terrific and Ray Palmer?

Old Post May 28th, 2015 10:41 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yes. Happened in Futures End #44.

Old Post May 28th, 2015 10:44 PM
ares834

Originally posted by Galan007
^ The scene is actually from Justice League #40.

Anyway, the events of Futures End(which was a direct tie-in/precursor to Convergence) are set 5 years in DC's future. That said, until in-universe time catches up to that point, the crescendo of COIE should remain intact/unretconned... Time-travel paradoxes and all that. geek

Either way, different writers will always interpret things differently. I have no doubt that we'll see some wildly different takes on the happenings of Convergence in issues to come... /shrug

My bad. But yeah, agreed.

Originally posted by Galan007
I'm looking forward to Darkseid War--Johns' typically excels at these types of stories.

Frankly, DC pretty much has to consistently deliver stellar events from now on, if they're going to save face.

Eh... One or two shitty events won't ruin the company.

Old Post May 28th, 2015 10:53 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Eh... One or two shitty events won't ruin the company.
Yeah, but this shitty event actually retconned one of the biggest/best events in comic book history... With a 3 page off-panel sequence.

That alone should count for at least 5 shitty events, IMO. thumb up

Old Post May 28th, 2015 11:00 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i agree, though i guess we'll have to wait until bran does a summary of the event to find out for sure what happened to the COIE. thumb up

Old Post May 29th, 2015 12:22 AM