KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What are your HOPES for post Convergence DC?

What are your HOPES for post Convergence DC?
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

What are your HOPES for post Convergence DC?

what would be your best case scenario for dc after convergence is all said and done?

i hope the multiverse continues to exist in a fashion, with greater interaction between the various worlds and eras. i'd love to see a couple universes merged perhaps, with heroes from multiple universes in one. that could lead to some fantastic story possibilities.

i'd also love to see some classic heroes given a little more focus and play a prominent role in the outcome. JSA-type guys who never QUITE seem to get the respect they deserve.

above all, i'd love for billy (cap marvel) to finally be revamped somehow, updated and given a real push. he needs an updated rogue's and some creative restructuring of his powers imo. he may be the most potential filled hero in dc who remains utterly untapped.

what do YOU hope comes out of the ashes....?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 07:53 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blockythe1guy

I Would hope for Hypertime to return to make this event with some sense.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 09:41 PM
Blockythe1guy is currently offline Click here to Send Blockythe1guy a Private Message Find more posts by Blockythe1guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Hypertime never went away. It was most recently mentioned in the Multiversity Guidebook.

Anyway, I really hope Morrison's cosmological structure endures, and things go back to how they were post-Flashpoint. IF any pre-Flashpoint earths/universes stick around after this event, hopefully they just take the place of the "7 Unknown Worlds" on Morrison's Map.

A well thought-out cosmology like Morrison has provided us is extremely hard to come by in the world of comics. Hopefully DC doesn't waste such a cohesive structure.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 9th, 2015 at 04:48 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 04:46 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

violent comic books so the internet can explode and implode

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 06:43 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I'd love a world devoted to All Star Superman (and Morrison's JLA run) and make the future DC One Million.

I'd also like a comic about a Multiversal Justice League team. Sorta like Multiversity 1 and 2 I guess.

And like Galan, I'd like Morrison's Multiverse to remain.

So yeah, pretty much all Morrison stuff looking at my list. lol

Last edited by ares834 on Apr 9th, 2015 at 09:03 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 09:00 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

you could ask for a lot worse. thumb up

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 11:35 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
I'd love a world devoted to All Star Superman and make the future DC One Million.
This would actually fit perfectly, given how nicely All-Star Superman and DC One Million already tie-together. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 11:47 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Really, my complaints with DC have more to do with how things are run than the specific universe.

So, a Cass/Steph book or a Wonder Woman book that's pro female and doesn't feel the need to trash either her or her supporting female cast would be basically great, but too likely to be screwed with or include major missteps for me to work up much enthusiasm.

Last edited by Q99 on Apr 12th, 2015 at 12:18 AM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 12:14 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

A Multiverse book. Looks like we might be getting one according to King.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 12:27 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

For less politics to be involved in how comics are created. Just make good comics, that's all I ask.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 03:15 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

As long as pre-Flashpoint DCU can exist again, I'm holding out hope for classic Wildstorm. Ostensibly it got merged into the DCnU, but supposedly so did pre-FP DCU. So...

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 03:27 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Golgo13
A Multiverse book. Looks like we might be getting one according to King.

Really?

What did he say?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 03:34 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote:
In tonight's Twitter Convergence Chat LAST question Jeff King answered Can beloved times/worlds continue in Convergence anthology?

Jeff King replied "They CAN and they WILL!"

King also said Convergence realities make up the 7 ? Earths on Multiversity map!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 03:42 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by -Pr-
For less politics to be involved in how comics are created. Just make good comics, that's all I ask.

What do you mean by politics? Editor infighting?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 04:26 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Q99
What do you mean by politics? Editor infighting?

Editor infighting, editors being too hands on with writers, writers and artists being moved around so much. Mandates from on-high about changes to characters that go way too far from what the characters are best known for and good at.

and yes, i'm also talking about the things you and I so vehemently disagreed about in the other thread, but that's only a small portion of what i'm referring to.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 05:14 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I don't think the editor problem will be much of an issue anymore. DC's line will be much more diverse now, with creators basically doing all different types of things without all the huge events they've been doing beforehand.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 05:18 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Golgo13
I don't think the editor problem will be much of an issue anymore. DC's line will be much more diverse now, with creators basically doing all different types of things without all the huge events they've been doing beforehand.

I want to be optimistic, but I guess we'll see.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 10:26 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote:
In tonight's Twitter Convergence Chat LAST question Jeff King answered Can beloved times/worlds continue in Convergence anthology?

Jeff King replied "They CAN and they WILL!"

King also said Convergence realities make up the 7 ? Earths on Multiversity map!

huh, that sounds both a little interesting and a little promising.....

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 02:38 PM