KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Could Android 16's bomb really destroy Cell?

Could Android 16's bomb really destroy Cell?
Started by: Darth Abonis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Abonis

Could Android 16's bomb really destroy Cell?

Android 16 seemed assured his bomb could've killed Cell. Would the explosion have been enough to really kill Cell, and prevent him from regenerating? Also if the bomb was that strong, could it have killed Frieza?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 12:04 AM
Darth Abonis is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Pretty good chance of it, yea. As much power as 16 has, all in one blast would be very destructive. Or however strong it was- I mean, after all, it's usage is for if a target is too tough for 16's power.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 02:36 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Yeah, Cell was phucked.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 06:03 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

He would have been destroyed yes, but he most likely would reform similar to when he self destructed himself

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 12:23 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Why on Earth would it have not killed Frieza? Hell a single punch from 16 could have beaten Frieza before his 4 months of training

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 02:22 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

hahaha ^

I didn't even see that last part wtf

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 03:55 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I really don't think it would have done anything to Cell. If it DID somehow cause him damage, he'd certainly be able to reform.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 05:06 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Cell was terrified. It probably would have killed him

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 05:31 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Meh, despite thinking he'd be perma-killed after kamikaze'ing in his Semi-Perfect form(which was FAR more powerful than #16 btw), Cell still fully regenerated.

A kamikaze from #16 wouldn't cause any lasting harm.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 05:43 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

IIRC, it was stated the Android carried unlimited energy. Yes, it would have killed him.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 06:01 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

That just means they have unlimited power reserves/stamina. That doesn't mean they can unleash a blast that actually contains infinite energy, lol. If that were the case then #16's detonation would erase everyone/thing in the DBZ multiverse.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 06:06 PM
carver9

He was basically saying that he never runs out of energy which means infinite imo. Don't think the blast would wipe out everything though going by comics and manga standards. The blast would be contained. To each his own I guess but it makes sense looking at the huge power up Cell received by absorbing the Androids (beings that are far weaker than his first form).

Last edited by carver9 on Apr 9th, 2015 at 06:13 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 06:11 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ It was stated that Androids 16-18 have "infinite/eternal energy reactors." But again: that terminology only applies to their stamina. It certainly doesn't mean they can unleash a blast that contains infinite energy.

By that line of logic Vegito, Beerus, Golden Freeza, SSJG Goku, Whis, etc. etc. would all be erased by #16's detonation, 'cuz infinite'. Lol.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 06:18 PM
carver9

I get what you are saying, and good points.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 06:34 PM
bbrem123

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Meh, despite thinking he'd be perma-killed after kamikaze'ing in his Semi-Perfect form(which was FAR more powerful than #16 btw), Cell still fully regenerated.

exactly how I see it. thumb up

Last edited by bbrem123 on Apr 9th, 2015 at 06:48 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 06:45 PM
juggerman

#16's explosion didn't come from his own energy like Cell's did tho. It was a bomb designed specifically by Dr. Gero which all of the Androids were fully aware of. They would know what it was capable of more so then us, especially Cell, who was created years later with a full briefing of the other Androids. Stands to reason he knew it would kill him.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 09:16 PM
Sj_Sharp

I really don't think it would have done anything to Cell. If it DID somehow cause him damage, he'd certainly be able to reform.

Agreed.^

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 09:47 PM
Sj_Sharp is currently offline Click here to Send Sj_Sharp a Private Message Find more posts by Sj_Sharp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by juggerman
#16's explosion didn't come from his own energy like Cell's did tho. It was a bomb designed specifically by Dr. Gero which all of the Androids were fully aware of. They would know what it was capable of more so then us, especially Cell, who was created years later with a full briefing of the other Androids. Stands to reason he knew it would kill him.
Cell was from a future in which there was no #16... So he wouldn't have any clue what #16's bomb was capable of. Proof that he had NO knowledge of #16's design can be seen here:
http://i.imgur.com/FMniKeT.gif
Again: Cell had no idea that #16 was a fully mechanical-type Android, because he was from a future in which #16 didn't exist--thus he obviously wasn't privy to #16's blueprints and whatnot.

Aside from that, Cell stated that he thought his own kamikaze attack was going to perma-kill him--he didn't plan on surviving it. Despite this assertion, he still reformed nonetheless. But even IF Cell would have said something like: "#16's explosion is going to kill me!!"(he said no such thing, mind you), it still doesn't mean anything whatsoever. At that point Cell obviously had no clue how extensive his regen abilities were.

I can agree that the detonation *might* have damaged Cell to some degree. However, the opinion that it would atomize him to the point that he could no longer reform is just silly, imo.

Anywho, there's also this:
http://i.imgur.com/woEEOiW.gif
Cell's actual statement from the canon VIZ manga: "Heh... Too bad, metal man. Of course, no little bomb blast would kill me."

So yeah, Cell outright stated that he could have endured #16's detonation anyway. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 9th, 2015 at 10:52 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 10:43 PM
juggerman

Yeah I forgot about #16 not existing in Cell's future.

No one likes you Galan!!!!! mad

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 12:03 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 12:14 AM