KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Greatest NBA Players Ever

Greatest NBA Players Ever
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Man, I miss this team. I still think they're the greatest ever.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2017 01:21 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

That's because they are.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Feb 13th, 2017 02:36 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Pft, If Wade was in his prime with LeBron in the Heat, they would have been the best ever erm

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2017 03:00 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
That's because they are.

thumb up

Old Post Feb 13th, 2017 08:54 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by TheHulk
Pft, If Wade was in his prime with LeBron in the Heat, they would have been the best ever erm

Nah. Wade and Lebron were never that great of a fit.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2017 04:05 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Nah. Wade and Lebron were never that great of a fit.
Bullshit, 2 rings together will always say otherwise.

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Feb 14th, 2017 02:51 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Yeah, but that's because Lebron and Wade are so great that they can win two rings not being a great fit. thumb up

Mostly Lebron, though. wink

Old Post Feb 15th, 2017 12:49 AM
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Yeah, but that's because Lebron and Wade are so great that they can win two rings not being a great fit. thumb up

Mostly Lebron, though. wink
Yes, but either way it's not about being a great fit it's about producing results. I believe if both were in their prime years, Wade and LeBron would have dominate. Specifically 06-09 Wade, current or 05-08 LeBron and Raptors Bosh.

WORD LIFE!!!

Last edited by TheHulk on Feb 15th, 2017 at 02:31 AM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2017 02:27 AM
Senor Cage

If Pippen, Jordan and Rodman were in their primes, they'd spank the Heat. When they faced the Jazz both Rodman and Pippen had back problems, IIRC. No way the Heat would take the Bulls.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2017 03:53 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by TheHulk
Yes, but either way it's not about being a great fit it's about producing results. I believe if both were in their prime years, Wade and LeBron would have dominate. Specifically 06-09 Wade, current or 05-08 LeBron and Raptors Bosh.

Tbh, peak Lebron is 09-14, in terms of both statistics and team accomplishments/personal accolades. And you're also forgetting that the 95-96 Bulls didn't even have peak Jordan, who existed from '87 to '93. I think that the Heat's big three all at their peak are better than the Bulls big 3 at their peak, (Rodman was an inept scorer compared to Bosh, Wade is better than Scottie, and peak Lebron vs peak Jordan is a wash,) but the Bulls big 3 fit together seamlessly, in a way that didn't take away from what they were good at, (Rodman and Pippen weren't stealing points from Jordan, Jordan and Pippen weren't stealing rebounds from Rodman, etc). Whereas that was an issue with Wade and Lebron until Wade ultimately deferred to him.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2017 04:07 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by Zack M
If Pippen, Jordan and Rodman were in their primes, they'd spank the Heat. When they faced the Jazz both Rodman and Pippen had back problems, IIRC. No way the Heat would take the Bulls.

Wade had terrible knees by the time Lebron joined the Heat. The supporting cast of the Bulls gives them the edge, but if the Heat had PEAK Wade and Bosh, and if the Bulls big 3 were also at their peak, that's a great series.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2017 04:10 AM
Senor Cage

Tbh, peak Lebron is 09-14, in terms of both statistics and team accomplishments/personal accolades. And you're also forgetting that the 95-96 Bulls didn't even have peak Jordan, who existed from '87 to '93. I think that the Heat's big three all at their peak are better than the Bulls big 3 at their peak, (Rodman was an inept scorer compared to Bosh, Wade is better than Scottie, and peak Lebron vs peak Jordan is a wash,) but the Bulls big 3 fit together seamlessly, in a way that didn't take away from what they were good at, (Rodman and Pippen weren't stealing points from Jordan, Jordan and Pippen weren't stealing rebounds from Rodman, etc). Whereas that was an issue with Wade and Lebron until Wade ultimately deferred to him.

Heats big 3 is better at offense, but not defense.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2017 06:00 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Agreed.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2017 12:37 PM
TheHulk
Retired Debater

I would agree with what you said about, but i rather look at peak abilities. Mid 2000s were LeBron's true young athletic peak years. I did not forgot about 95-96 Jordan because i am not looking into the years they play but just how good they would have been in their primes. With that being said, honestly, following my logic i guess the 03-04 Lakers would have been the greatest team of all time stick out tongue

Originally posted by Zack M
Umm i think we can get a good picture of them in their prime better than James, Bosh and Wade, because all we need to do is imagine Piston/Spurs Rodman in the 90-93 Bulls.

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 02:36 AM
johncarner

Rose
Kobe
Jordan

Old Post Apr 21st, 2020 10:26 AM
johncarner is currently offline Click here to Send johncarner a Private Message Find more posts by johncarner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

anyone seen last dance? its a chicago bulls docu-series chronicling their 1998 season. its currently on episode 8 right now. its really good!

Old Post May 12th, 2020 02:18 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Me seeing people say anyone other than Jordan:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 12th, 2020 03:50 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dynamix
anyone seen last dance? its a chicago bulls docu-series chronicling their 1998 season. its currently on episode 8 right now. its really good!

I've been watching and to be slightly more accurate it looks at Jordan's entire career, but it does have a lot of unaired footage from his final season with the team which was the 97-98 season. Though there is still plenty of stuff that doesn't have to do with the 97-98 season.

I actually had the privilege of seeing MJ play at the United Center in 1998. And I remember the entire city of Chicago was buzzing about Da Bulls once the championship games began that summer.

Old Post May 12th, 2020 03:59 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

Originally posted by Surtur
I've been watching and to be slightly more accurate it looks at Jordan's entire career, but it does have a lot of unaired footage from his final season with the team which was the 97-98 season. Though there is still plenty of stuff that doesn't have to do with the 97-98 season.

I actually had the privilege of seeing MJ play at the United Center in 1998. And I remember the entire city of Chicago was buzzing about Da Bulls once the championship games began that summer.

dude thats freakin awesome bro! I can imagine the energy in your city at the time. i'm from boston and i could never get tickets for a bulls game at the time cause its so freaking expensive. my dad keeps insisting next time but, next time never came lol. well can't blame him they really were an arm and a leg.

Last edited by dynamix on May 12th, 2020 at 06:11 AM

Old Post May 12th, 2020 06:06 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Bob Cousy is up there.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 12th, 2020 07:39 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote