KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Black Adam Vs Wonder Woman

Black Adam Vs Wonder Woman
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
She isn't faster by any means.

i agree she isn't faster--damn close though? i'd def say that. you wouldn't?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 11:15 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Plus, if we are to believe statements...she has the speed of Hermes/Mercury. Which Billy has, and Teth supposedly is equal to (am sure someone will post scans showing one being superior to the other...)

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 11:22 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
She had fast hands with those bracelets, though!

True, but that's nothing that Superman, BA, or CM couldn't easily replicate if they needed to and they had her indestructible bracelets. Thing is, they rarely care about blocking attacks because they are a Hell of a lot more durable than she is. They can tank all kinds of stuff all day while, apparently, even bullets are a threat to WW.

@Darksaint: That means little. Feats are what matters.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 11:37 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Feats matter of course, but so do stats. Obvious, old debate there.
If a character has a power, he or she has it.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 12:41 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

She isn't faster by any means.

Yes she is. Comparison of avoided attacks proves this.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 12:42 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Star428
True, but that's nothing that Superman, BA, or CM couldn't easily replicate if they needed to and they had her indestructible bracelets. Thing is, they rarely care about blocking attacks because they are a Hell of a lot more durable than she is. They can tank all kinds of stuff all day while, apparently, even bullets are a threat to WW.

@Darksaint: That means little. Feats are what matters.

Agreed. When WW fights one of the top tier bricks (Billy/Teth/Superman) she loses some, wins some, but it isn't as if she is outclassed in speed, like say, how Wally hitting top speed outclasses the others. She's not faster, but the gap is pretty close.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 01:03 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Feats matter of course, but so do stats. Obvious, old debate there.
If a character has a power, he or she has it.

Of course. Pre-flashpoint WW had power but she didn't have Superman-level power. Both BA and CM do. Or at least they did pre-flashpoint. Where are you getting these "stats" from to make you think she was on their level? A DC handbook or encyclopedia? I didn't think that those were allowed in these discussions. Nevertheless, I would like to see these stats from them if that is where you're getting them from.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Apr 16th, 2015 at 01:46 PM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 01:42 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I didnt say what i did in regards to WW, Star, just to the only feats matter statement in general.
I totally think BA takes this match.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 02:08 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

she raced hermes to a draw iirc, or she may have actually won. she also battled marvel to a standstill as well in a brief encounter. she HAS beaten hercules in a direct battle. all of these things indicate she is very close to marvel/adam's overall level. with her weapons, i don't see how anyone can logically look at this as anything but very very close. the ONLY time a difference can be seen is when their battles against superman are directly compared--and fights against superman are notoriously difficult to gauge for a number of reasons.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 02:09 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didnt say what i did in regards to WW, Star, just to the only feats matter statement in general.
I totally think BA takes this match.

Cool. My bad then. I misunderstood you.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 02:28 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by leonidas
i agree she isn't faster--damn close though? i'd def say that. you wouldn't?

Nope. Adam has casually blitzed her equal Power Girl.
Originally posted by carver9

By that token Spidey is faster than him too. She has some cool blocking feats, but that's not the sole criteria of being fast. As it is, she is only equal to a second rate kryptonian who gets blitzed by Adam quite regularly.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 04:58 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

she raced hermes to a draw iirc, or she may have actually won. she also battled marvel to a standstill as well in a brief encounter. she HAS beaten hercules in a direct battle. all of these things indicate she is very close to marvel/adam's overall level. with her weapons, i don't see how anyone can logically look at this as anything but very very close. the ONLY time a difference can be seen is when their battles against superman are directly compared--and fights against superman are notoriously difficult to gauge for a number of reasons.

At the time she beat Hermes, her speed was officially Mach 3.Cap was cruising at near light speed just around that time.

And she has never proved to be equal of Hercules either until post infinite crisis when Trials of Shazam retconned Marvels' power source. In fact Herc looked stronger than her when they fought in WW 14 and against Doomsday clone in WW 111.

Also Cap was weaker than usual in WOG due to his spell weakening by Roman gods controlling him. He still looked stronger than her and Diana commented that he might kill her.

In underworld unleashed, he flat out owned her with a broken arm.

In virtue and vice, he koed her with a lightning bolt. He was more powerful than normal though.

Also look at his fights with Superman. Diana would get killed if she tried to go punch to punch with Superman for a whole comic like when Cap did against Eclipsed Superman.

Last edited by abhilegend on Apr 16th, 2015 at 05:10 PM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 05:03 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

she is as strong as he is, (or the difference is completely negligible) he has a small speed advantage (maybe), he's vicious, she's a trained warrior, has the lasso and her tiara if needed. seems like a pretty dead heat to me.... he may have the durability edge so i may go with him 5.5/10, but these would be brutal battles every time.

Being a trained warrior isn't much of a feat though. What fighting skill feats does she have?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 05:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What attacks did she avoid to show she is quicker?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 05:12 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Nope. Adam has casually blitzed her equal Power Girl.
By that token Spidey is faster than him too. She has some cool blocking feats, but that's not the sole criteria of being fast. As it is, she is only equal to a second rate kryptonian who gets blitzed by Adam quite regularly.

I think you misunderstood my post. They have been attacked in similar ways and Diana has handled said attack via speed far better than Adam. The comparison can't get any better than this.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 05:31 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Surtur
What attacks did she avoid to show she is quicker?

Let's see what ABHI says. Then I will post scans.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 05:32 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I think you misunderstood my post. They have been attacked in similar ways and Diana has handled said attack via speed far better than Adam. The comparison can't get any better than this.

I'm curious to see what those attacks are.

And Adam doesn't has to block attacks. He can just tank whatever is thrown at him, that's why he doesn't goes around arms waving around.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 05:36 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by Star428
Cool. My bad then. I misunderstood you.

Nah, mine. I type fast and think slow. Or the other way around...stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 05:38 PM
carver9

I'm curious to see what those attacks are.

And Adam doesn't has to block attacks. He can just tank whatever is thrown at him, that's why he doesn't goes around arms waving around.

We know how much you dislike this and it isn't the only time it happened either. Here is one...

(please log in to view the image)

Also, lol, Adam is a power house but heat vision seems to bypass his durability. He needs all the blocking he can get when it comes to that attack. This is an example...

MM melted half of his face off. Then there's the showing with Powergirl, Superman heat vision, etc, etc...

Wonder Woman is faster and again, how both handles similar attacks proves this.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 06:15 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

We know how much you dislike this and it isn't the only time it happened either. Here is one...

Also, lol, Adam is a power house but heat vision seems to bypass his durability. He needs all the blocking he can get when it comes to that attack. This is an example...

MM melted half of his face off. Then there's the showing with Powergirl, Superman heat vision, etc, etc...

Wonder Woman is faster and again, how both handles similar attacks proves this.

Blocking heat vision is good but how does it mean anything when Adam has never tried to even block it?

A white Martian has oneshotted Wonder Woman with Martian vision. Malefic almost koed her with one blast even after she blocked it. The last thing you want to bring is using Martian vision here.

You just posted some totally meaningless scans. Want to see some real comparisons?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 06:25 PM