KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » WWE; Racism Debate

WWE; Racism Debate
Started by: Henry_Pym

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
The Rock was/is definitely the biggest black star the WWE produced.

As far as racists go, I don't think Vince is. Bray Wyatt looks like a racist, but I'm being stereotypical. I don't really know if he really is, but he does look like a racist Southern.

I mean if Vince was truly racist I think the last thing he'd ever do is give the WWF championship to a black guy. He just wouldn't do it. He had plenty of white stars he could have ridden for boatloads of cash.

He's willing to enforce stereotypes, but he isn't racist.

Like I said, the man is legitimately insane. That's not a joke or an exaggeration, he is INSANE. This is the same guy who wanted to have a storyline where Shane and Stephanie are banging each other.

Plus think about it, the guy was filthy rich and decided to just..get into the wrestling ring and take several harsh beatings, even though he was in his 50's. This isn't the same as someone like Terry Funk who wrestles for decades well into his 50's and beyond. This is someone who never really set foot in a ring in any kind of capacity other than announcing..until his 50's. He had no real training, so he didn't have the benefit of knowing how to take bumps correctly in order to minimize damage.

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 26th, 2016 at 02:37 PM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 02:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I mean if Vince was truly racist I think the last thing he'd ever do is give the WWF championship to a black guy. He just wouldn't do it. He had plenty of white stars he could have ridden for boatloads of cash.

He's willing to enforce stereotypes, but he isn't racist.

Like I said, the man is legitimately insane. That's not a joke or an exaggeration, he is INSANE. This is the same guy who wanted to have a storyline where Shane and Stephanie are banging each other.

Plus think about it, the guy was filthy rich and decided to just..get into the wrestling ring and take several harsh beatings, even though he was in his 50's. This isn't the same as someone like Terry Funk who wrestles for decades well into his 50's and beyond. This is someone who never really set foot in a ring in any kind of capacity other than announcing..until his 50's. He had no real training, so he didn't have the benefit of knowing how to take bumps correctly in order to minimize damage.
thumb up

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 03:16 PM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote