KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What are you currently playing?

What are you currently playing?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (214): « First ... « 106 107 [108] 109 110 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Gears Tactics on Windows 10 through Game Pass.

Good first step for a franchise. I am glad they have made a game like this but they need to fix a few things.

Old Post May 26th, 2020 01:50 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Doom 2016.

Not a great game to play when you're feeling kind of mellow.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 26th, 2020 02:28 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Halo 3.

First time. On Legendary.

Think I may need some help on a few details. Like not sure range works here, I'm in situations where I have the exact same gun as they do, my reticle isn't glowing red, and they cur me down. Do those crosshair colors even mean anything?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 26th, 2020 03:43 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Halo Reach.

Forget the burning dumpster fire Doom Etenal, Halo is the REAL fps king.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 02:00 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Halo Reach.

Forget the burning dumpster fire Doom Etenal, Halo is the REAL fps king.

What makes you say Doom Eternal’s bad?

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 06:00 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
What makes you say Doom Eternal’s bad?

Because it's bad.

Doom 2016 was good, Eternal went and ruined it.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 06:19 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Regardless of your Eternal hot take, Doom has pretty much been in its heyday this whole gen. Halo has not; the 343 games are universally panned when compared to Bungie's foundation of the series. It's got one last shot with Halo 6 Infinite, but after the taste that Halo 5's campaign and REQ system left in people's mouths, has some pretty tough shoes to fill.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 06:52 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Regardless of your Eternal hot take, Doom has pretty much been in its heyday this whole gen. Halo has not; the 343 games are universally panned when compared to Bungie's foundation of the series. It's got one last shot with Halo 6 Infinite, but after the taste that Halo 5's campaign and REQ system left in people's mouths, has some pretty tough shoes to fill.

5 was actually considered better then 3 or Reach on by a group on the Halo forums.

Crazy talk imo.

Eternal, from what I can see, has a fair number of people who feel as I do, while literally no one hated 2016.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 09:52 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
NWN is one of the most acclaimed games ever. I was never able to get into it though.

You monster.

I love it.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 10:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

5 was actually considered better then 3 or Reach on by a group on the Halo forums.

Crazy talk imo.

Eternal, from what I can see, has a fair number of people who feel as I do, while literally no one hated 2016.

I had a lot of fun with Halo 5. The campaign is a bit strange and they re-use a boss encounter but it was still fun.

Arena mode was fun and I have heard people enjoy it a lot. Warzone was a neat addition but it was a bit hampered with the REQ system.

Personally, aside from Halo Reach, I prefer 343 games.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 10:21 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Smasandian
I had a lot of fun with Halo 5. The campaign is a bit strange and they re-use a boss encounter but it was still fun.

Arena mode was fun and I have heard people enjoy it a lot. Warzone was a neat addition but it was a bit hampered with the REQ system.

Personally, aside from Halo Reach, I prefer 343 games.

You didn't like Reach?

The campaign?

Edit: Oh, you meant you like Reach, but not 3.

But wait, you don't like Combat Evolved as much then? Never met someone that didn't put 1 and 2 on a pedestal.

Last edited by cdtm on May 28th, 2020 at 10:31 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2020 10:29 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Because it's bad.

Doom 2016 was good, Eternal went and ruined it.

Mmm. Outright bad? No. Imperfect? Absolutely. There is obvious poor game design evident in the game. That one enemy sticks out especially, though I can’t remember it’s name right now.

I don’t think Doom 2016 has enough going for it to be declared better, though. I’d place them on about equal footing. Maybe say Eternal’s better if only for its higher production quality and what it was able to accomplish with world building and story expansion.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 10:33 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

You didn't like Reach?

The campaign?

Edit: Oh, you meant you like Reach, but not 3.

But wait, you don't like Combat Evolved as much then? Never met someone that didn't put 1 and 2 on a pedestal.

Sorry, probably could of written it better. I enjoy all Halo games aside from ODST.
I find Halo Reach the best of the Bungie produced games.

I can't say which one is the best but I prefer 343 games because I find the environments much more interesting while the combat is still good. I enjoyed Halo 5 added movement, which enhanced the combat even more.

I only played Halo 1 a few years after it was released. I didn't have an Xbox and played shooters on PC. I was massive fan of the Half Life series so when I played the Halo PC port, I couldn't understand why everybody ****ing adored it. The level design is so damn bland compared to FPS on PC.

Nowadays, I can understand why people loved Halo 1. The combat is very good for an Xbox game but the environments neutered it. Even Halo 2 and Halo 3 (which was much improved) still had copied/pasted, boring environments where its just a slog to run through. I find Reach doesn't feel that way for some reason.

Old Post May 29th, 2020 12:15 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Smasandian
Sorry, probably could of written it better. I enjoy all Halo games aside from ODST.
I find Halo Reach the best of the Bungie produced games.

I can't say which one is the best but I prefer 343 games because I find the environments much more interesting while the combat is still good. I enjoyed Halo 5 added movement, which enhanced the combat even more.

I only played Halo 1 a few years after it was released. I didn't have an Xbox and played shooters on PC. I was massive fan of the Half Life series so when I played the Halo PC port, I couldn't understand why everybody ****ing adored it. The level design is so damn bland compared to FPS on PC.

Nowadays, I can understand why people loved Halo 1. The combat is very good for an Xbox game but the environments neutered it. Even Halo 2 and Halo 3 (which was much improved) still had copied/pasted, boring environments where its just a slog to run through. I find Reach doesn't feel that way for some reason.

I played Combat Evolved on PC too. Apparently, it was a broken port as textures didn't show up at all, and hasn't been fixed under original graphics to this day.

I didn't get it at first either, but came to appreciate the combat on higher difficulties. Compared to Duke Nukem 3d or classic Doom, it's a different experience. You really need to use tactics and make good use of cover.

F.E.A.R. is a close comparison, but without the bullet time to fall back on.

Old Post May 29th, 2020 03:24 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, the combat is good and still different than most first person shooters.
And I hope they still make them and I'm really interested in Halo Infinite. It's on a new engine and they have been working on it for years.

Old Post May 29th, 2020 11:52 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Borderlands the Pre Sequel.

Lucky the Epic version supports cross play with Steam. And I get to use Jack where they only have their vanilla edition on Steam.

Hmm, I can try out thosr BL2 dlc characters too now. Never was interested enough to buy the Mechromancer, but now why not?

Old Post May 29th, 2020 10:35 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Halo 3.

The days before the left trigger being standardized to aim-zoom.

F.E.A.R. had the right analog stick click, Halo uses a face button. I keep hitting left trigger and throwing grenades.

Old Post May 31st, 2020 01:24 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just Shapes and Beats. Best game of the past decade.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2020 05:35 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Still playing thru only my second ever playthru of Skyrim at a snail's pace... Been playing it for at least three months now. At this rate the new PS5 will be out before I finish it. Going for the platinum trophy.

Only have one trophy left to get before platinum pops: Oblivion Walker. Which is the one where you have to collect 15 daedric artifacts. Only have 3 artifacts remaining and then the hard-earned platinum will be mine.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2020 10:57 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

That was the last one I needed for platinum and then the game bugged and I couldn’t get it.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 02:19 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote