KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What are you currently playing?

What are you currently playing?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (214): « First ... « 32 33 [34] 35 36 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Warming up to Dragon's Dogma. Still dying a lot, but I'm starting to figure out tactics that work (As a melee character, stamina was a killer since you don't regain it while shield blocking, and that means you can't spam the stronger skills..)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 06:01 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Also, tried a demo of a Metal Slug 3 port.

15 dollars is INSANE for this, when there's other options (Hugs PS2 anthology disc)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 06:02 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I’m currently playing through several games. Metroid Prime 2, Planescape: Torment, Wolfenstein: The New Order, and Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Planescape and MP2 are, of course, both amazing while the other other two are decent but nothing special.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 07:10 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

MP2 on an original Cube?

Still need to finish MP1, but I have one of those consoles that stopped supporting the component cables, and don't have room for a crt so would have to play it on an lcd screen with composites, and been putting it off rather then see the fuzzy washed out image...

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 07:19 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Warming up to Dragon's Dogma. Still dying a lot, but I'm starting to figure out tactics that work (As a melee character, stamina was a killer since you don't regain it while shield blocking, and that means you can't spam the stronger skills..)

It gets a lot easier at higher levels. Also, try assassin or ranger, those bow classes are op as shit.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 07:31 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

MP2 on an original Cube?

Still need to finish MP1, but I have one of those consoles that stopped supporting the component cables, and don't have room for a crt so would have to play it on an lcd screen with composites, and been putting it off rather then see the fuzzy washed out image...

No. I've got the trilogy for Wii.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 07:41 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

So..

...I think I prefer an Xbox d'pad over a Sony d'pad now. Used to love Sony d'pads for accuracy in games like Mortal Kombat and such, but good god do they hurt the fingers in short order if you're pressing them in a platformer or something.

MS crossbars just don't have that problem, as I've found comparing iterations of Metal Slug.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 10:00 PM
cdtm

So, for retro game compilations that support it, auto fire or no?

Megaman and Metal Slug have an auto fire feature, and I'm finding myself using it more and more, but it feels a little bit like cheating. Did we have auto back in the day? (Ok, there was auto gamepads, but I think we all looked down our noses at kids that bought those, the same way we looked at Game Genie or Gameshark.)

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 01:55 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
It gets a lot easier at higher levels. Also, try assassin or ranger, those bow classes are op as shit.
I can't kill a Gorecyclops no matter what class I use.

I'm a level 150 on normal mode and I just can't kill the damn things.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 02:07 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

Well, I'm level 10 fighter on normal, and been reading that Assasin is the way to go for about ten levels or so. But I think that build is assuming a defensive melee, and it sounds like you're recommending a ranged build. Which I'm totally cool with, I just lean melee by habit. Are they ok against giant sized mobs, or do you really want ranged?

Looking at adding skills now, as all I have is that defensive slash and backstep, and the one that thrusts you forward (That's the one I spammed against the lizardmen in well quest Deep Trouble, as it seemed to knock them down.)

Burst Strike sounds like a good bet, since it's a more advanced form of the Blink Strike I've been leaning on. Flesh Skewer sounds pretty good though..

Definately need to trade in new pawns though, Rook is level 6 and one of then is level 4. :Eek:

My gear might need an update too.. Basic iron sword and nearly no armor, except a wooden shield..

Last edited by cdtm on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 02:43 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 02:39 AM
Jmanghan

Well, I'm level 10 fighter on normal, and been reading that Assasin is the way to go for about ten levels or so. But I think that build is assuming a defensive melee, and it sounds like you're recommending a ranged build. Which I'm totally cool with, I just lean melee by habit. Are they ok against giant sized mobs, or do you really want ranged?

Looking at adding skills now, as all I have is that defensive slash and backstep, and the one that thrusts you forward (That's the one I spammed against the lizardmen in well quest Deep Trouble, as it seemed to knock them down.)

Burst Strike sounds like a good bet, since it's a more advanced form of the Blink Strike I've been leaning on. Flesh Skewer sounds pretty good though..

Definately need to trade in new pawns though, Rook is level 6 and one of then is level 4. :Eek:

My gear might need an update too.. Basic iron sword and nearly no armor, except a wooden shield..
I traded in rook almost immedately.

The way builds work is that each class gives you different stats based on which one you're using when you level up.

Assassin is ALL strength, and gives you the most strength of any class.

It also has the lowest gains of all other stats.

The best one, for me, is Warrior, but it sucks to play as, because you can't block or dodge.

It gives you the most stat gains for HP and 2nd most stat gains for strength, also gives decent defense.

Fighter gives the most defense and good HP.

Assassin is the most versatile, because you can use a sword and shield, along with daggers and a bow (not longbow or magick bow).

Mystic Knight is my favorite to play as, but the stat gains are relatively shit for it.

If you don't get good gains, you could **** your character up, bad.

Play Mystic Knight up to level 200 and you won't even have 500 in strength.

I recommend checking out the DD stat planner or the stat calculator on the DD wiki.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 03:30 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Found out about longbow when I picked one up for loot in that Pawn mission, with the tentacled monster.

Another thing I discovered the hard way is Lost and Found, where you rescue Quina way at the start of the game, can't be completed. That really sucks because I was on that quest, and only accidentially triggered the main one by accident (They had a question mark above their heads, how was I to know they wouldn't give me an option to prepare before heading off?)

So basically, some skills carry over? Like in Final Fantasy V? So you'll want to pick a class for a few levels just for a skill or two?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 04:13 AM
Jmanghan

Found out about longbow when I picked one up for loot in that Pawn mission, with the tentacled monster.

Another thing I discovered the hard way is Lost and Found, where you rescue Quina way at the start of the game, can't be completed. That really sucks because I was on that quest, and only accidentially triggered the main one by accident (They had a question mark above their heads, how was I to know they wouldn't give me an option to prepare before heading off?)

So basically, some skills carry over? Like in Final Fantasy V? So you'll want to pick a class for a few levels just for a skill or two?
Yeah, the wiki is your best friend, just try not to spoil the ending or BBI, because thats where the story becomes actually decent.

Nothing groundbreaking, but the story is decent towards the end-game.

Some skills cary over between classes, yes, assuming they were actually bought beforehand.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 04:41 AM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Rocket League
CS:GO

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 06:38 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Yeah, the wiki is your best friend, just try not to spoil the ending or BBI, because thats where the story becomes actually decent.

Nothing groundbreaking, but the story is decent towards the end-game.

Some skills cary over between classes, yes, assuming they were actually bought beforehand.

Maybe next run. Min/maxing ruins initial plays for me.

Looks like almost every stat could be accounted for with gear. Stamina seems to be the big one, as does strength. Only real way to bork yourself is picking pure sorcerer 'till 200, then deciding you want to try melee/hybrid.

Since a lot of folks are saying stats < gear, and you don't even need to min/max to beat the online Ur-Dragon, I don't think I'll worry too hard on min/maxing and just have fun trying things out (I HAVE to try playing warrior for the Berserk experience..)

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 03:05 PM
Jmanghan

Maybe next run. Min/maxing ruins initial plays for me.

Looks like almost every stat could be accounted for with gear. Stamina seems to be the big one, as does strength. Only real way to bork yourself is picking pure sorcerer 'till 200, then deciding you want to try melee/hybrid.

Since a lot of folks are saying stats < gear, and you don't even need to min/max to beat the online Ur-Dragon, I don't think I'll worry too hard on min/maxing and just have fun trying things out (I HAVE to try playing warrior for the Berserk experience..)
If you do not play a mage character for at least 30 or so levels, you WILL have trash magick attack amd magick defense, and trust me, that is very important.

Your main defense stat means absolutely nothing against magick attacks, and something like Bolide can OHKO you.

Gear is more important then stats, it does provide a lot of the other stuff.

There isn't much gear you can buy that really accounts for much magick defense when playing a melee-based character until the end-game, and even then, it isn't THAT much.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 11:08 PM
ares834

Just finished my second PS:T, man what an absolute masterpiece. One of the few games that will stick with you after playing.

I've heard MotB is sorta a spiritual successor but I could never get past the dreadful UI or controls. Such a shame.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2017 06:27 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Slowly going through Dishonored 2 and Resident Evil Remastered (again, after 2 years or so).

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2017 06:58 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition.

I have sunk tons of hours into this game, its so fun.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2017 08:21 AM
cdtm

Dragon's Dogma quests can be a bit of a pain. For one thing, they get closed off left and right depending on where you are in the main story, so if you trigger a story event by accident and it auto saves, you're screwed out of 100% completion.

Also, the map is just awful. Was doing the one where you find that kid that keeps getting into trouble, and for some reason the map is always pointing to the bandit ruin's, where he's anywhere but. Went on a wild goose chase following the map lead (Wasn't really a waste though, it did open up a bunch of other quest leads/finish's)

Got to say random exploring is pretty fun though. You could go just about anywhere and find something interesting..

Last edited by cdtm on Jul 25th, 2017 at 08:02 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 07:59 PM