KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What are you currently playing?

What are you currently playing?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (214): « First ... « 33 34 [35] 36 37 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Has anybody played Persona 5? It's worth picking up?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 06:52 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

I'm still playing through Persona 5 right now. So far, I would say it's another step up from the previous two games, so, maybe just do a little research to see if it's the kind of game you'd like, but it's definitely high quality.

Howdy!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 07:06 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Well, I heard it's the JRPG counterpart of Witcher 3 in terms of content and quality. And I have yet to read or watch a negative review about it too, so yeah, seems like it's worth the purchase.

Did you play last year's Digimon Cyber Sleuth? It looks quite similar artistically.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 09:10 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

I haven't played Witcher 3 yet, so I can't really comment on that regard, for that matter I haven't really played console games in general lately, I'm making Persona 5 the exception because I'm a fan of the series. It's a pretty large improvement for the series in terms of content and what you can do in the game though.

Howdy!

Old Post Jul 27th, 2017 08:48 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
I'm still playing through Persona 5 right now. So far, I would say it's another step up from the previous two games, so, maybe just do a little research to see if it's the kind of game you'd like, but it's definitely high quality.
Persona 4 (Golden) was apparently very close to Chrono Trigger in terms of quality, so what you are saying is, Persona 5 > Chrono Trigger?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 27th, 2017 01:30 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
Dragon's Dogma quests can be a bit of a pain. For one thing, they get closed off left and right depending on where you are in the main story, so if you trigger a story event by accident and it auto saves, you're screwed out of 100% completion.

Also, the map is just awful. Was doing the one where you find that kid that keeps getting into trouble, and for some reason the map is always pointing to the bandit ruin's, where he's anywhere but. Went on a wild goose chase following the map lead (Wasn't really a waste though, it did open up a bunch of other quest leads/finish's)

Got to say random exploring is pretty fun though. You could go just about anywhere and find something interesting..
I think the world design is awesome, looking at tower's and ruins in the distance is fun as hell.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2017 01:37 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Say, I see Assassin's have a buff for going solo.

Does that include the main pawn? Do I have to throw him into the water to get the buff, or no? (I may do it anyways, just to actually enjoy the sounds of the environment exploring without his jibber jabber..)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2017 10:07 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Say, I see Assassin's have a buff for going solo.

Does that include the main pawn? Do I have to throw him into the water to get the buff, or no? (I may do it anyways, just to actually enjoy the sounds of the environment exploring without his jibber jabber..)
Most assassin buff's go for playing solo.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2017 12:27 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Most assassin buff's go for playing solo.

Looks like they aren't available at level 18. Just "night buffs".

So for now, I'll keep the pawns.

Anyways, just unlocked Bittlerback Isle.. Maybe it was a bad idea to trade in my sword and board for a dagger and crossbow so soon. Those dire wolf things move too fast to hit with a crossbow, scarlet kisses is useless against moving targets, and my dagger lunge move is about the only thing worth a damn against them....

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2017 03:05 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I take it back, bows are AWESOME.

Zoom snipe lets you pretty much solo large groups of mobs. Partly because mobs seem stuck in specific areas, admitted, so they'll only chase you so far. Cheap really.

But for some reason, I missed the forward roll defensive skill, so my stamina suffers in extended close combat, and I lost all my pawns to Death, and am now exploring solo while overweighted on Bitterblack Isle (I keep meaning to turn back, then can't resist going a little further..)

So yeah, I'm hooked now. Games freakin amazing.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2017 05:27 PM
Jmanghan

I take it back, bows are AWESOME.

Zoom snipe lets you pretty much solo large groups of mobs. Partly because mobs seem stuck in specific areas, admitted, so they'll only chase you so far. Cheap really.

But for some reason, I missed the forward roll defensive skill, so my stamina suffers in extended close combat, and I lost all my pawns to Death, and am now exploring solo while overweighted on Bitterblack Isle (I keep meaning to turn back, then can't resist going a little further..)

So yeah, I'm hooked now. Games freakin amazing.
You went to BBI at level 18...?

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 02:11 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes.

Survived an encounter with Death. thumb up

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 07:41 AM
Jmanghan

Yes.

Survived an encounter with Death. thumb up
...So like.

How are you killing the monsters?

You must have brought blast arrows and a bunch of conquerer's periapts/tagilus miracle's.

Then again, I play exclusively melee. (Most of the time).

If you had it on PS3, I could lend you a pawn, but you seem to be doing fine thus far.

Last edited by Jmanghan on Jul 30th, 2017 at 07:57 AM

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 07:54 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I switched to Assassin by level 11, then traded in my sword and board for a dagger and bow.

BIG difference in survivability. I was losing stamina and dying all the time trading attacks, but with dagger skills you could keep moving constantly (Not as easy without Forward Roll, which I didn't have yet at lvl 18, but makes things so much easier as it doesn't use stamina. So no need to stop moving quickly, ever.) and blitz even fast moving targets like wolves.

As for the bow, I haven't really needed blast arrows yet. Simply keeping my distance and using snipe skills/spread shots has worked pretty well. Worst case (As in your entire party was killed by Death, and there's mobs everywhere), just keep as far back as they'll follow you, and it seems they mostly keep to one room. You can go snipe from another room that way, move back as they approach, rinse and repeat.

Haven't really needed that trick once I leveled up a few though. Even took down a cyclops smile (How do you pluck out the eye? Didn't manage that, I mostly clung to its back and spammed scarlet kisses, then sniped him in the eye a few times.)

Although I'm only past the first area and haven't properly explored the next spot after you meet the merchant..

Last edited by cdtm on Jul 30th, 2017 at 03:47 PM

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 03:39 PM
Jmanghan

Wow, well I will say you're doing great for your level. But I've never used daggers, and rarely spent time on magic or a serious bow.

I'm level 150 and can barely beat a gorecyclops.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 06:30 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Haha, thanks. thumb up

I think Assassin class just lends itself to experience in games like Vanquish or Transformers: Devastation, what with the dodge roll with invincibility frames, and being based around mobility and constant offense. Something like knife blitz/hundred kisses, dodge roll/kiting, sniping a target in the distance, dodge rolling at the last minute to avoid another attack isn't so different from what you'd do in any given Platinum Games action/hack 'n slash.

Right now, it's attacks like acid spitting and fire tossing that occasionally get me, as they're pretty hard to see in the fray.

With Fighter, I was at a complete loss. Died at nearly every bandit encounter. Stamina drain mostly, you burn stamina for EVERYTHING, and can't regenerate it behind the shield. I'm sure I was playing it wrong, but it's just not my thing.

Last edited by cdtm on Jul 30th, 2017 at 07:16 PM

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 07:04 PM
Jmanghan

Meh, I just can't stand daggers. I'm a sword buff, and a swordplay buff.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2017 12:31 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Meh, I just can't stand daggers. I'm a sword buff, and a swordplay buff.

I can dig it.

Still planning on playing the Black Swordsman at some point. They say Warrior is a bad class, but taking out a boss with one swing of a dragonslayer type sword sounds fun to me. thumb up

Old Post Jul 31st, 2017 12:55 AM
ares834

Nier Automata. Good shit. Love that it throws you in the thick of things right at the start. That why I gave up on H:ZD within minutes (though I plan to get back to it eventually at the time I didn't feel like wading through some boring ass "tutorial").

Old Post Jul 31st, 2017 05:45 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I can dig it.

Still planning on playing the Black Swordsman at some point. They say Warrior is a bad class, but taking out a boss with one swing of a dragonslayer type sword sounds fun to me. thumb up
The berserk armor is only on PS3 and Xbox 360, and its durimg the Golden Age Arc, not anywhere past the Black Swordsman Arc.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2017 09:47 AM