KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What are you currently playing?

What are you currently playing?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (214): « First ... « 42 43 [44] 45 46 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Infinite is garbage in comparison to 1-2

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 07:23 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Infinite is garbage in comparison to 1-2

It was.. forgettable.

I'll say this, Bioshock 1 and Infinite feel like completely different games.

If Return to Rapture wasn't so much, I'd like to get that.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 08:55 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
It was.. forgettable.

I'll say this, Bioshock 1 and Infinite feel like completely different games.

If Return to Rapture wasn't so much, I'd like to get that.
The entire Bioshock collection was under $25 during the winter sale.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 09:05 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

And the Infinite collection is cheaper then getting the dlc.

Not rebuying games I already own, even if the dlc is cheaper in the long run.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 09:29 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Just buy it

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 01:10 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Still deep in Mass Effect 2. Was about to do Jacob's loyalty mission, when the game bugged out and the beacon on the planet disappeared, and then it auto-saved. Good thing I had a manual save ten minutes away..

As a soldier, I expected I'd be ramboing the game with a machinegun. Turns out, I'm ramboing with the Viper sniper rifle.

Which is actually closer to Rambo from First Blood anyways. smile

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 05:48 PM
John Murdoch

Still deep in Mass Effect 2. Was about to do Jacob's loyalty mission, when the game bugged out and the beacon on the planet disappeared, and then it auto-saved. Good thing I had a manual save ten minutes away..

As a soldier, I expected I'd be ramboing the game with a machinegun. Turns out, I'm ramboing with the Viper sniper rifle.

Which is actually closer to Rambo from First Blood anyways. smile

Knee deep in Mass Effect 1 still. Already covered the incredibleness of it on it's eponymous page.

ME2 = soon...

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 08:25 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Knee deep in Mass Effect 1 still. Already covered the incredibleness of it on it's eponymous page.

ME2 = soon...

Ooh, I'll try and avoid anymore spoilers then. Figured I was the only one on Earth still playing through the trilogy for the first time.

I will say ME1 probably has the better characters, but thankfully one of the best crosses over.. You'll see what I mean when you get there.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 10:20 PM
cdtm

Know what's still kind of fun?

Dysentary.

(Note: Not sure if they updated it, but used to be it didn't work on 64 bit browsers, and you needed to break out your 32 bit legacy IE from the start menu. That was on Windows 7..)

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 11:05 PM
John Murdoch

Ooh, I'll try and avoid anymore spoilers then. Figured I was the only one on Earth still playing through the trilogy for the first time.

I will say ME1 probably has the better characters, but thankfully one of the best crosses over.. You'll see what I mean when you get there.

Most excellent. Will report back in time.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 01:48 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Just started playing Middle Earth Shadow of War. Seems more or less the same as the last one but with real money loot boxes.

Plan on ignoring those, hopefully the game isn't balanced around them (probably is).

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 12:51 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Infinity Gene is pretty awesome.

Wonder why it isn't more popular, like Ikaruga or most Cave games? Shmupers give it their thumbs up, it's inexpensive (Shmups are normally obscenely expensive), and it has the Space Invaders brand name.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 01:02 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by BackFire
Just started playing Middle Earth Shadow of War. Seems more or less the same as the last one but with real money loot boxes.

Plan on ignoring those, hopefully the game isn't balanced around them (probably is).

Is the story any tighter? It was my biggest complaint with the first one, as a few times I felt like it was kind of aimless.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 02:28 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The loot boxes are pointless. You get so much currency and loot from captains that I never used them. I used the ones I was given for free and then bought some with the in-game currency but you never need them. It's far from Battlefield 2.

The story is meh....but the upgrades to the nemesis system is pretty substantial. There is a lot of cool shit that can happen with captains.

Basically, Shadow of War is good action game with a really cool mechanic but that's all it is.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 05:03 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Story seems less engaging than the first one. I seem to be in a constant "I don't give a shit" loop when I'm watching the story cinematics to this game. That said the combat is good and the nemesis system seems intact.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 06:36 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Replaying DMC 1-2-3 in ps3.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 06:46 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by BackFire
Story seems less engaging than the first one. I seem to be in a constant "I don't give a shit" loop when I'm watching the story cinematics to this game. That said the combat is good and the nemesis system seems intact.

Yeah, that's basically it. The nemesis system is pretty damn cool still.

I had an orc captain kill me, get legendary status, and then I killed him with fire. Then he came back in more powerful but as some sort of fire god prophet thing that kept on muttering on how the Ranger killed him with fire. It was amazing.

And the greatest is killing a captain by decapitating them and then they come back as a zombie captain orc but instead of going through the huge speach....they just grumble and make sounds. It's pretty damn funny.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 10:48 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

That sounds cool, I haven't gotten to any of that stuff yet. Zombie orcs sound awesome though lol.

The game seems to have gone a bit overboard with the collectibles though. There are so much crap all over the map, bit much.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 11:17 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Oh yeah, it's way too much. And the game is filled with a **** ton of gameplay mechanics. Way overboard in my opinion.

But I had fun in the end.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 11:21 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

From what I've heard they really shat up the nemesis system by making orcs so disposable and throwing them at you constantly. The original system was ground-breaking, so it's real shitty that they messed it up to sell lootboxes.

I'm finally playing Metal Gear Rising atm. I'm having a great time but I can tell not playing with a controller is hurting me and parrying is a total crapshoot. But playing with a controller on computer is so damn finicky....

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 11:27 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote