KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What are you currently playing?

What are you currently playing?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (214): « First ... « 44 45 [46] 47 48 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

DmC definitive edition. As a dmc hardcore fan I still enjoy it as the casual little brother of the og.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 01:39 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Someday.. Maybe once I complete og DMC (Have it in PS2, and it kicked my ass so badly I quit. Then I rebought it.

Keep in mind I did well in games like Ninja Gaiden Black, 2, and God Hand, so that says something about how hard DMC1 really is..)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 06:50 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Then don't even try og DMC3. It's going to give you ptsd like Dante Must Die gave me.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 07:12 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Then don't even try og DMC3. It's going to give you ptsd like Dante Must Die gave me.

I bought the easier "special edition" for my ps2.

Is the OG version in the collection?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 07:45 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Nope. I'm talking the standard ps2 version. Normal mode was like Son of Sparda level shit lmao

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 08:02 PM
cdtm

I hear you.

Ninja Gaiden Black and DMC: SE on my shelf. Not the original versions.

Yeah, I'm a noob smile (But still feel I earned my stripes with Twisted Metal Black.. That game can make you cry.)

So, what style is best for 3 in your opinion? Stuck with Trickster at first, and tooled with Blade Master and Gun Slinger. Didn't like how BM had a separate button to tie into combos.

Last edited by cdtm on Feb 3rd, 2018 at 10:16 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 10:12 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

DMC 1 wasn't too bad IMO, I beat that when I was like 16 and had zero patience for difficult games. Vanilla DMC3 though... Holy shit, I think that's probably the hardest modern game I've ever played.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 06:10 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by cdtm
I hear you.

Ninja Gaiden Black and DMC: SE on my shelf. Not the original versions.

Yeah, I'm a noob smile (But still feel I earned my stripes with Twisted Metal Black.. That game can make you cry.)

So, what style is best for 3 in your opinion? Stuck with Trickster at first, and tooled with Blade Master and Gun Slinger. Didn't like how BM had a separate button to tie into combos.
Mmh, I'm a sucker for the variety Swordmaster brings to the table. But being now in my second honey moon with the series I also enjoy mobility a lot, so trickster is very fun too. Gunslinger is kind of boring and Royal Master is phucking hard to pull off but OP. Then you have Doppleganger and Quicksilver that make the game too easy imo.

I love DMC4 style switching above all though.
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
DMC 1 wasn't too bad IMO, I beat that when I was like 16 and had zero patience for difficult games. Vanilla DMC3 though... Holy shit, I think that's probably the hardest modern game I've ever played.
Yeah, DMC1 difficulty is fine. I love how it's roots as a Resident Evil game are so evident but at the same time manages to steal the show with it's original elements.

Original release DMC3 is where Souls scrubs, like Astner, go to die.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 02:40 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

It was my first 3d hack and slash type game. Struggled through, but in part I was handicapping myself by refusing to use heals and such (Because of the hit on ranking, which I couldn't manage anyways, so kind of a waste.)

I think I was on the big bird owl boss before I threw in the towl..

Now, after experience with Platinum titles and the Ninja Gaiden games (Alma in particular teaches you how to play these games), maybe I'll have better luck.

I mean, Double Dragon 1 used to kick my butt before I bought it at Funcoland in 2000 something (99 cents! Mislabled as "Pinball" smile ), so why not?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 08:02 PM
ares834

Shadow of the Colossus Remake.

They don't make games like they used to. This entire gen has been pretty mediocre IMO.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 06:16 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

So everything’s been mediocre, Nintendo comeback included? That definitely saved 2017 for me far as gaming. The couple years before that were nothing special though, despite a solid game here and there.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 06:35 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Not everything. There have certainly been good games, some even great ones. I just don't feel this gen as a whole has been as good as the previous ones.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 06:40 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

This gen is already better than last one. /facts

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 07:48 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Lol at this gen being mediocre.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 08:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

With mediocre games like:

Bloodborne
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
The Witcher III: Wild Hunt

I can see why you'd be bored. (Now compared to TWO gens ago, I might agree. Sixth gen was pretty much the greatest gen ever, except maybe the 16 bit era..)

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 02:29 PM
cdtm

Not that I have a now gen console. Too big a library of unplayed games to justify it.

At this point, may as well catch the next one.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 08:36 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I don't think this gen is better than last but it's still pretty damn good.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 09:09 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

This gens been as disappointing as the last, going on library.

Not one big Arkanoid game. We get three Pacman Championships, several Space Invaders, even a Galaga remake, but the not one of the greatest game ever made, Breakout?

Boo! (No, cheesy ad supported phone apps do not count.)

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 11:00 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So now your counting mobile phone games?

i wouldn't really count those

quote:
[QUOTE=16504962]Originally posted by cdtm

With mediocre games like:
Bloodborne
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
The Witcher III: Wild Hunt

Sarcasm detector going off.

Last edited by Kazenji on Feb 7th, 2018 at 01:00 AM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 12:58 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I've been replaying Horizon: Zero Dawn. I played it last year not long after it came out and enjoyed it well enough, but seeing as I played it immediately after Breath of the Wild for 100 hours, and that hindered it a bit for me as I had a bit of open world fatigue going on and so just kinda rushed through it.

I'm taking my time with this playthrough and enjoying the game a ton. It's really excellent. The nuances of the combat and the requirement for planning and strategy makes killing these big robot dinosaurs so rewarding and satisfying, and the world is a lot of fun to explore. And of course the graphics are among the best of the generation. This second playthrough has made me appreciate this game a lot more than I initially did. It's excellent.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 12:20 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote