KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What are you currently playing?

What are you currently playing?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (214): « First ... « 47 48 [49] 50 51 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'm kind of coming around to that point of view, really. I used to prefer AC more than AA but the sense of place in AA is the best in the series, and the metroidvania feel of the gameplay was really cool. And while I agree some of the boss fights are pretty generic, there are some really great ones. I love the Scarecrow stuff, and the killer croc segment is great.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 05:17 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
I could never finish the first level of that Thy Flesh Consumed episode, Kept running out of ammo fighting the first baron of hell.

Save thy game often... That’s all I can say.

Doom II’s episode extra No Rest for the Living is even worse. Think of Thy Flesh Consumed as a warmup for that...

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 05:19 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Never played Doom II. It sounds brutal, from what I hear.

That Duke It Out In Doom crossover mod is almost enough to make me want to buy a copy..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 05:37 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looks like KMC dislikes Ridley_Prime quote button

quote:
Doom II’s episode extra No Rest for the Living is even worse. Think of Thy Flesh Consumed as a warmup for that...

I think i've finished that one found it to be easier. Also they ****ed up one of the levels forgot which one it was, But they tryget you to find some of the keys and yet the door to the exit is freely accessible... erm

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 06:06 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

So, is Doom II harder then Duke Nukem 3d? Especially "Rebirth"?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 04:31 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because I'm totally playing Rebirth from the Atomic Edition.

Games just UNFAIR sometimes.

But somehow, in a good way. Just gotta keep remembering to save every few steps.

Last edited by cdtm on Feb 21st, 2018 at 06:22 PM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 06:18 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by BackFire
I'm kind of coming around to that point of view, really. I used to prefer AC more than AA but the sense of place in AA is the best in the series, and the metroidvania feel of the gameplay was really cool. And while I agree some of the boss fights are pretty generic, there are some really great ones. I love the Scarecrow stuff, and the killer croc segment is great.

I forgot about Killer Croc.....

I will say that AC was a fantastic take on an open world and still retain what Asylum did so bloody well.

I just felt the Riddler trophies were out of place in most cases with AC. And my favourite part of Asylum, the take pictures based on a word riddle puzzles to be a bit disappointing in AC.

I just find a bit weird in AC where you constantly attack bad guys and then they respawn while Asylum creates a story based reason for bad guys respawning.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 10:23 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by cdtm
So, is Doom II harder then Duke Nukem 3d? Especially "Rebirth"?

Not really

they didn't amp up the difficulty with Duke 3D's new episode with the Atomic edition. Also there's a new episode now which they added with 20th Anniversary World tour, Haven't tried it out myself.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 12:41 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not really

they didn't amp up the difficulty with Duke 3D's new episode with the Atomic edition. Also there's a new episode now which they added with 20th Anniversary World tour, Haven't tried it out myself.

Yeah, heard about that. It sounds interesting.

I've probably spent more on Duke then any series.. Original classic disk, Duke it Out in D.C., and Kill-A-Ton.

All damaged or lost, except the basic disk. (Only reason I can even play Atomic is finding an "abandoned" copy years back..)

Only one I'll never get is that Forever joke..

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 01:23 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Eh...i didn't mind Forever, It might not have been the Greatest Duke game ever it was aiming for, Still it was just an alright game

we better get new Duke Nukem game from Gearbox, So far they've done bugger all with the license apart from putting Duke in other games.

Last edited by Kazenji on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 01:34 AM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 01:32 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The free 3d realms version of Shadow Warrior off Steam:

That game's ridiculous. It was designed to kick your ass.

Seriously, try it. Tell me if you even get off the boat before dying. smile

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 06:03 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Shadow Warriors easy, Unless of course you're playing it on one of the harder difficulties.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 06:12 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Second hardest. Compared to Doom or Duke3d, most monsters are basically aimbots that move as fast as a hornet and takes a ton of damage. A few have one hit kills.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 08:09 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Trying my hand at the Doom modding scene.

Brutal Doom with the metal mod makes it into a different game, what with shotgun zombies becoming crazed machinegunners and all.. Plus all the excess, blood, gore.

But my favorite is the Duke3d mod. If ID and 3drealms did a joint project with a Duke in hell easter egg, they would have made a billion dollars.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 07:54 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

And then there was Project Brutality.

Setting the blood to "Overdrawn at the blood bank" is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 05:58 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Second hardest. Compared to Doom or Duke3d, most monsters are basically aimbots that move as fast as a hornet and takes a ton of damage. A few have one hit kills.

I play it on the Second hardest (Who Wants Wang) too, Got no trouble with it

Trying my hand at the Doom modding scene.

Brutal Doom with the metal mod makes it into a different game, what with shotgun zombies becoming crazed machinegunners and all.. Plus all the excess, blood, gore.

But my favorite is the Duke3d mod. If ID and 3drealms did a joint project with a Duke in hell easter egg, they would have made a billion dollars.

Another good Mod is 'Blade of Agony' its for Doom 2. Turns it into a WW2 shooter similar to the Wolfenstein games.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 06:46 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Classic one? You must be pretty good then, the forums are full of people who claim it's pretty tough. The red guy (Alone, and as a group), and the shadow looking guy have all stomped me pretty bad. The half dozen or so mobs right after the home where you pick up the grenade launcher were a problem until I figured out about the machinegun placement. And even at the start, I died about five or six times by the guy at the barred window, the ones in the cave, or the one on the bridge... They never, ever seem to miss, and can nail you all the way across the map. The snake boss also took quite a few retries, mainly because before he dies his skull grenades become a lot more aggressive. Had him to a sliver, then boom.

For me, Duke 3d or Thy Flesh Consumed on the second hardest is gravy by comparison.

quote:
Another good Mod is 'Blade of Agony' its for Doom 2. Turns it into a WW2 shooter similar to the Wolfenstein games.

If I ever get Doom II, I'll try it out.

Seems like all the really good mods are for Doom II. It's also really hard to find a 32 map megawad that's compatible with Ultimate Doom, which is what they recomnend for progressive spawn play on PB (Best I could find is "How Id did it")

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 12:45 PM
CroftAlice

Call of duty mw3,ps3

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 04:35 PM
CroftAlice is currently offline Click here to Send CroftAlice a Private Message Find more posts by CroftAlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ever try Knee Deep on Zdoom?

And is it compatible with Project Brutality, as far as you know?

I'll be playing it "vanilla style" first regardless... Looking at the new enemy types, it seems like Doom II and Quake had a kid.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 09:34 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looks like Freedoom is a thing.

Textures and such look pretty bad, but its compatible.. May as well try it out.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 04:56 PM