KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What are you currently playing?

What are you currently playing?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (214): « First ... « 51 52 [53] 54 55 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Big Mob
You just buy Ferrystones though.
You can't on your first playthrough.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 03:49 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

You're thinking of portcrystals. You can buy unlimited ferrystones as far as I recall.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 04:01 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by One Big Mob
You're thinking of portcrystals. You can buy unlimited ferrystones as far as I recall.
Or just get the eternal ferrystone.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 04:18 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yakuza 0 & Dragon Ball Fighterz when i'm on the PS4

when on the PC Star Wars: Dark Forces.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 06:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Or just get the eternal ferrystone.

Unavailable to classic DA buys.

You get it as an upgrade from vanilla. Or you get it on remastered.

Kind of an odd oversight, but its not like they aren't cheap and infinite at a shop.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Mar 27th, 2018 at 01:05 PM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 01:03 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Strike Suit Infinity.

It's funny how this gets negative reviews for just being about blowing stuff up, compared to story driven, objective based Strike Suit Zero.

What do people think classic Doom was? A wave based arena shooter with no point outside of killing everything in sight. And it was AWESOME.

I guess it's a generation thing. For me, surviving hoards of fighters and capital ships is the definition of a fun time.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 07:37 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
Unavailable to classic DA buys.

You get it as an upgrade from vanilla. Or you get it on remastered.

Kind of an odd oversight, but its not like they aren't cheap and infinite at a shop.
I was lucky enough to make the upgrade.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 06:00 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Strike Suit Zero and Infinity.

Awesome game, by a shitty startup.

Basically, they promised kickstarter backers an exclusive mech for 50 bucks, and then turned around and went "whoops! We meant timed exclusive!"

The cherry on top is they didn't even offer them a free upgrade to the "directors cut" edition, and had to buy it like everyone else, so they ended up paying 10 dollars more for all the content compared to the general public, and got nothing to show for it.

But I can hate the company and enjoy the game, as E.A. taught me. I DID pay for it, just hurting myself keeping it on the shelf.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 12:07 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also Binding of Isaac, with Wrath of the Lamb dlc.

I've had this since it came out, but couldn't stand the lag (And don't mention Rebirth. I don't care if the new engine runs better then flash, I ain't buying a new version of a game I already own and never played.)

Got a new laptop, and gave it another shot over my big screen.

It runs very well. smile

Old Post Mar 30th, 2018 09:39 PM
Jmanghan

Dead Island: Riptide, imported my character from Dead Island immediately on beating it. After playing both back-to-back, I can honestly say...

It's not as good as Dead Island. Tbh, DI is my favorite zombie game of all time, I just had far more fun with it then say... Left 4 Dead or Left 4 Dead 2, or even Dead Rising.

The combat just felt more impactful, tbh. Story sucks, characters suck, but they're strangely likable in a fun sort of way, the main characters, anyway.

I haven't played Dying Light since it came out, but when I do, I imagine it's going to absolutely blow everything out of the water, since, from what I've seen of it, it's Dead Island multiplied by 10.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 07:20 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Playing Uncharted Lost Legacy and Doom.

Lost Legacy is good, essentially more of the same from Uncharted.

Doom though, man, that game is outstanding. I'm having a blast with it.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 08:20 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Playing Uncharted Lost Legacy and Doom.

Lost Legacy is good, essentially more of the same from Uncharted.

Doom though, man, that game is outstanding. I'm having a blast with it.

When you're done with that, you'll want to try this:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/recurring...th-starter-pack

It's fun seeing the influences.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 08:30 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Finally beat Mom.

And unlocked Cain and Magdeline to boot.

Took some odd 50 attempts, but as soon as I got the powerup that turns shots into bombs, I knew this was it. You can unlock ALL the hidden caves with that sucker, and the Red Patch and Bloodlust meant clearing rooms and bosses.

But the cherry on top was the Sun card. 100 damage, full heal. I beat Mom pretty much just using that card.

And now, the REAL game begins.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 09:23 PM
BackFire

About to get The Division.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 12:39 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I've heard its really improved.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 06:45 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Riptide missed the whole point of what made Dead Island great, interesting settings, over-the-top, cheesey characters, and the fact that the story was unimportant, it was meant to be just this big zombie sandbox.

Point is, Dead Island is gonna be the one you continue to go back to, to bash some zombie skulls, Riptide, you're only gonna play through once.

Both Henderson and the jungle are boring as hell. Banoi is so, so much more interesting, even the similar areas are better. I preferred the jungle in Dead Island to the one in Riptide, and Moresby was way more interesting then Henderson.

Also, another thing, you can get max level in Riptide FAR too easily. 45k xp for giving someone painkillers?! WHAT?!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 11:57 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys

Only real improvement I want is something that looks less like a conventional military type game. sick

More into fantasy/sci fi elements in my shooters.

Thinking more of getting Rocket League.

Last edited by cdtm on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 12:01 PM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 11:58 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

https://kotaku.com/the-binding-of-i...-the-1756915840

Jesus Christ. The Binding of Isaac community sounds absolutely insane.

Who could even afford to go gallivanting around California to dig up holes in California as a game tie in? Who would CARE that much to go visit a bridge to see a flier?

Who is the fan base, is what I'd like to know. Not kids, that's for sure.. Are they all trust fund babies? Do they not have normal jobs, families, or schooling, and so have the time and money to devote to this ridiculous ARG?

Last edited by cdtm on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 01:12 PM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 01:08 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Sometime soon I might try Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga which recently became backward compatible for the One. An action RPG I just heard about that came out back in 2011 that can be compared to Dragon Age or Kingdoms of Amalur in terms of combat and dialogue with choices. The one difference from those is the protagonist can turn into a friggin dragon. I was wondering how something like that could go under the radar and then I remembered Skyrim, DAII, and the Witcher 2 were out that same year. Oi.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Apr 4th, 2018 at 01:05 AM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 01:02 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by Nephthys

Only played about an hour. Enjoying it so far. Like the aesthetic and am pleased that there are NPC's out in the world scavenging and shit, makes it feel more alive and lived in than something like Destiny.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 01:04 AM