KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What are you currently playing?

What are you currently playing?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (214): « First ... « 57 58 [59] 60 61 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Resident Evil 4 Mercenaries mode.

Took another crack at Leon in the castle. Hardest character to five Star with.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 12:14 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Been playing Witcher 3. Great game.

Recently bought Dishonored 2 on steam. Haven't played it yet though.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 05:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CroftAlice

Resident Evil 4,I've decided to give it another shot

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 02:43 AM
CroftAlice is currently offline Click here to Send CroftAlice a Private Message Find more posts by CroftAlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just remember to upgrade your weapons. I tend to hoard my money in most games, and didn't upgrade a thing up to Salazar's boss fight. Good for a challenge, but could be frustrating if you're not used to the play style..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 03:33 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Gather as much money as possible to upgrade weapons.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 12:03 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also, use special attacks. Their animation is invulnerable, and it knocks away crowds. And saves ammo on kills.

Head shot triggerbs the spinkick prompt, and a knee shot triggers the suplex. Learn the right stagger animations, and get as close as possible to trigger.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 07:58 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Damn, the only Resident Evil game I've played is Resident Evil 2. It was one of the first PS1 games I bought. Great game.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 10:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I bit the bullet and bought RE7 Gold. Not a fan of a certain enemy but it's quite good.

2 is phucking great.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 11:29 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I loved RE7, thought it was the best RE game since probably the second one. Was genuinely creepy and thought it had the best marriage of survival and puzzles since the old PS1 ones.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 01:45 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
I loved RE7, thought it was the best RE game since probably the second one. Was genuinely creepy and thought it had the best marriage of survival and puzzles since the old PS1 ones.
RE2 is great, but I still think RE4 is the best.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 02:54 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I never completed RE4, it was good but I just wasn't as into it as others.

I liked how RE7 was more or less a return to the style of the older games (minus the first person view, which I actually liked a lot). Basically in a big house most of the game. Felt kinda like a remake of the first game. Some great atmosphere and slow building of tension.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 08:21 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by Jmanghan

Resi 4 is the best. thumb up

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 08:37 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Jmanghan
It honestly depends on what you're looking for in a game.

God knows I loved and played the shit out of RE4 as an early teen, but the originals are just so much better in my eyes. And RE7 is scratching that itch so hard. It's tasty.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 09:59 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Psychonauts.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 02:19 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

You know, it's hard to believe Psychonauts is a mere PS2 game.

It's one of those games you show people who insist the console was the weakest of the three. (I am playing it on PC, but the point stands..)

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 12:12 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
You know, it's hard to believe Psychonauts is a mere PS2 game.

It's one of those games you show people who insist the console was the weakest of the three. (I am playing it on PC, but the point stands..)
PS2 is the best-selling console of all time.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 12:59 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Weakest technically. Everyone had an Atari 2600 too, none of them would say it can match the Intellivision or Coleco.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 01:03 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Hollow Knight.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 06:06 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.

Edit: Not really playing, working on a mod.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 07:21 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Back on Brutal Doom.

The first campaign boss earns the Brutal title. Two highly mobile giant Centaurs, in a small confined space, with fast moving fireballs that hit like a Cyberdemon missile. You can beat them solo, I think, but I gave up trying and kept four marine bots the game gives you in reserve to aggro the things. I'd imagine that bots were given for exactly that reason by design, as anyone who gets to the boss without the marine bots can figure out (They die easy, which is why I ordered them to stay put at the start of the map, and went back for them later.)

You can see similar design choices in the series, for example a door key underneath a Thwomp like ceiling block, moving much too fast to avoid, and in a separate room filled with monsters, an invulnerability sphere. Anyone would assume the sphere is for the horde, but it's really to get the key from the death trap. Which you can't do if you wasted it. And you better have saved if you did, and not saved over that critical save afterwards.

Pretty snarky design, honestly.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2018 08:31 PM