KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What are you currently playing?

What are you currently playing?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (214): « First ... « 68 69 [70] 71 72 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Steam really is awesome.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2018 11:04 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Think I might have Mortal Kombat Trilogy for the PS1 buried somewhere.

MK9 and X is fun and all, but sometimes you just want to play the classic arcade experience.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2018 02:49 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Not that I put much stock in tiers. I'm no pro, have no aspirations to be, and am not asian (Shut up sjw, look at the top rankers.)

But I notice almost none of the base characters are ranked very high on Eventhubs. Only Bison is in the top five, the rest are waaay down the list.

I hope that's a coincidence, and not Capcom purposely using superior tournament viable characters as a lure to get people to buy dlc.

Killer Instinct never did that. Season 1 has some of the best characters,
as does season 2, as does season 3. They're spaced out pretty evenly. (Then again, that fighter is so balanced, literally every character is tournament viable.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2018 05:47 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Mortal Kombat X.

Specifically online. Kept beating this one guy (Or girl, with a name like Catty) over and over again, and on impulse, when it said "Finish", I hopped over and jabbed 'em.

Then they disconnected. Kind of a dickish move on my part, I feel bad now.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 02:49 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Not that I put much stock in tiers. I'm no pro, have no aspirations to be, and am not asian (Shut up sjw, look at the top rankers.)

But I notice almost none of the base characters are ranked very high on Eventhubs. Only Bison is in the top five, the rest are waaay down the list.

I hope that's a coincidence, and not Capcom purposely using superior tournament viable characters as a lure to get people to buy dlc.

Killer Instinct never did that. Season 1 has some of the best characters,
as does season 2, as does season 3. They're spaced out pretty evenly. (Then again, that fighter is so balanced, literally every character is tournament viable.)

Can't be that bad, dude just won the Capcom cup earlier today using Rashid.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 07:57 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Rediscovered my love for Major Mayhem.

Remember those old light gun games? This app is the closest you can get on a mobile device, and it is AWESOME. Played through the whole thing years ago, unlocked every single weapon, and think I'll do it all over again on my iPad.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 05:08 AM
cdtm

As good as DBFZ is, Budokai has one thing it doesn't:

Dragon Arena match's

That, and Budokai style fights are fun.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 06:48 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Nostalgia aside, pretty much everyone played the same in Budokai (save for some exceptions) and there wasn't really much variety in moves. I wish I were still invested in DBFZ as to come back to it more, but can thank other games for that I guess, and still waiting to hear about season 2 of DLC/add-on's.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2018 12:48 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Oh yeah, they do play alike.

But for single player content, it probably beats any "competitive fighter". I don't really compete online, so single player content is pretty important.

Just taking Mr. Satan through the Budokai is fanfic-tastic.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2018 01:10 AM
cdtm

Doom II. Once I got the damned thing working. The Dosbox Gog used has issues, so of COURSE I had to plug the wad into a source port (Thank you, Chocolate Doom)

Kind of par for the course with PC gaming. Nothing ever works out of the box, it's up to the user to get those video drivers, or download that source port, or get Joy2key for gamepad support.

Because it's not like we're paying for products that work, amiright? It should be on the paying consumer to do the legwork the fat, lazy devs can't be arsed to deal with.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2018 06:08 AM
Jmanghan

Oh yeah, they do play alike.

But for single player content, it probably beats any "competitive fighter". I don't really compete online, so single player content is pretty important.

Just taking Mr. Satan through the Budokai is fanfic-tastic.
It definitely (definitely) does not beat every competitive fighter in the content department in terms of single-player.

Hell one of my favorite games of all time "Dissidia Duodecim" blows it out of the water in terms of content, and most of the smash games do as well.

Yes, those are competitive fighters.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 24th, 2018 06:37 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Doom II. Once I got the damned thing working. The Dosbox Gog used has issues, so of COURSE I had to plug the wad into a source port (Thank you, Chocolate Doom)

Kind of par for the course with PC gaming. Nothing ever works out of the box, it's up to the user to get those video drivers, or download that source port, or get Joy2key for gamepad support.

Because it's not like we're paying for products that work, amiright? It should be on the paying consumer to do the legwork the fat, lazy devs can't be arsed to deal with.

Or you're just lazy yourself, It's not like it's that hard to download GZdoom or any of the other source ports.

Last edited by Kazenji on Dec 24th, 2018 at 07:18 AM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2018 07:12 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Dragon Ball Legends.

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2018 11:32 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Kazenji
Or you're just lazy yourself, It's not like it's that hard to download GZdoom or any of the other source ports.

Nothing's hard if you know what your doing. How many people wouldn't have a clue what a source port even is, much less think to look for it.

That also totally misses my point. If you buy a car, you wouldn't be too happy fixing the engine so it actually runs, replacing the wheels which happen to be square, refitting the keys thst don't match the starter..

This is PC gaming. This is why people still play consoles. Because the shit works.

Maybe it needs a patch, but it required zero legwork on their end. Which is as it should be. If you pony up money for service, you SHOULD be entitled. You SHOULD be a demanding shit that wants what he paid for.

But PC Ville is bizarroworld. It's the DEVS who act huffy, if their system requirements are completely wrong, or their product is completely broken. God forbid those lazy bastards do the job they're paid for. Easier to steal money from rubes.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2018 04:02 PM
cdtm

Into the Steam Genesis collection.

I have so many Genesis collections, but this is the first where I could legally use rom hacks. A translated Japanese version of Bare Knuckle III and Dynamite Headdy makes this worth the 10 dollars I paid, everything else is gravy.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2018 05:13 PM
BackFire

I'm considering buying Overwatch, does any here play that? If so, how is the game currently? Is it worth getting into?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2018 09:54 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I don't play it, but that free whatchamacallit third person game is supposed to be a good alternative, so I hear.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2018 10:35 PM
BackFire

Started Rdr2 and I bought Overwatch and was playing that a bit.

I'm honestly not very impressed with Rdr2. The attention to detail is obviously pretty significant, but in putting so much effort into making the game feel "immersive" or "realistic" they also made doing simple things a lot more cumbersome and annoying than they really need to be. For instance, why is it possible for a horse to be out of whistling range? This just seems counterproductive as it inhibits the desire to just wander and explore out of fear that you will go too far from your hose and have to trek all the way back. Also why can I not fast travel back to my camp? What is gained by this? It just makes doing what should be fun things into a chore.

That said, the graphics, animation, music and voice acting are great, and once I get used to the game's dumb quirks I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Overwatch is pretty fun, though.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 11:06 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yes, it's dumb. You can eventually fast travel to outposts from within the camp when you unlock it but I believe you cannot fast travel to the camp at all. It's ****ing stupid because later missions leave you in the middle of nowhere after its over.

Also, there is sequence of events in the first part of the game where you travel to a town to do somethings with your campers and once the mission is over, you have no horse and no ability to get back to the camp. I literally had to steal a horse.

There is a ton of stupid little things that critics fail to mention because of the immersive and incredible amount of thought that went into the game. For every annoying little thing, there is some amazing experience I witnessed. Or at least at the start of the game.

There is one sequence for an activity that took me by complete surprise and was probably my favourite game moment this year. I still think about it today. And...it was just a side activity (not a main mission, side mission or a stranger mission) that had 15-20 minute of moments packed in.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2018 04:40 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by Smasandian

Also, there is sequence of events in the first part of the game where you travel to a town to do somethings with your campers and once the mission is over, you have no horse and no ability to get back to the camp. I literally had to steal a horse.

Lol. Yeah that's the moment where I was like "wtf why can't I fast travel to my base camp." Really dumb stuff.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2018 05:55 AM