KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What are you currently playing?

What are you currently playing?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (214): « First ... « 70 71 [72] 73 74 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
I need to give that game a go.

In the dark, with headphones or a kicking soundsystem is recommended.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I was sweating bullets just walking down halls. Nothing was happening yet, and I just kept jumping at every shadow, every sound.

And then somehing actually happens. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2019 09:56 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I've heard pretty much nothing but good things about it. I started it a year ago and played for maybe 30 minutes, and it was fine, but for some reason I never played it again.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2019 09:57 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's good. It is what it is.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2019 10:22 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Smasandian
It's good. It is what it is.

It puts the survival, in survival horror.

For my money (The fact I got it for free is beside the point stick out tongue ), it's the kind of game Bioshock intended to be.

The fact [SPOILER - highlight to read]: there's no whipping out a shotgun during any given encounter, adds to the tension immeasurably. You automatically sneak around every corner, tense up at any new location, because you know if you run into something and don't notice it before it notices you, you're ****ed.

I can't think of too many experiences like this, in a game.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2019 10:32 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

But you can.

Frictional Games has made numerous in this type of experience. There is the Outlast series....Alien Isolation and a few others as well.

Don't get me wrong...its a good game but it's one of those. Alien Isolation took the walking horror genre and did something completely amazing with it by adding a AI driven enemy type that is procedural (or at least hidden very well).

Old Post Jan 9th, 2019 10:53 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Strike Suit Zero is pretty underrated, imo.

I thought the space shooter fan base was pretty big, ala Wing Commander and Freespace 2. Figured there was a market for mindless blowing stuff up, and score chasing.

Guess I was wrong. Either that, or the base just isn't that into space ships that transform into gundam style robots and wreck hell.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2019 07:13 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looks like Fall of Cybertron owes a debt to Space Marine. The parts where you play as Bruticus and Grimlock are practically ripoffs of the melee mechanics, what with a big guy that shakes the earth as he walks, has combos that end in a shockwave, faces ridiculous hordes, and Grimlock even has health giving executions.

It's perfect for them. They could make an entire game just around the Grimlock bits.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 06:00 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

ME3.

If Andromeda cut out terminal missions, that alone would sell me on the game.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 06:02 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Looks like Fall of Cybertron owes a debt to Space Marine. The parts where you play as Bruticus and Grimlock are practically ripoffs of the melee mechanics, what with a big guy that shakes the earth as he walks, has combos that end in a shockwave, faces ridiculous hordes, and Grimlock even has health giving executions.

It's perfect for them. They could make an entire game just around the Grimlock bits.

Also, Resident Evil. Jazz's fight with Bruticus has shades of Leon against the giant, e.g. shoot until it kneels, hit context button.

No less awesome for it.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 01:37 PM
BadMojoScootr
Rusty Cage

Starting Divinity Original Sin

also Skyrim SE, AC Odyssey, Watch Dogs 2 and Hitman 2

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 04:40 PM
BadMojoScootr is currently offline Click here to Send BadMojoScootr a Private Message Find more posts by BadMojoScootr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by BadMojoScootr
Starting Divinity Original Sin

also Skyrim SE, AC Odyssey, Watch Dogs 2 and Hitman 2
Welcome to KMC, my man, nice way to start off your KMC lifetime. smile

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 09:54 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

On topic:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

I've missed this game so much, the pre-paraglider tutorial is interesting but also kinda sucks once you had the paraglider in your first playthrough.

I made a little goal for myself to try to get every single tower before getting to Kakariko Village, but meh.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 09:55 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hydorah.

This one's getting ported TO the arcades now. Total reversal of how it used to be, now good shmups are starting out on a home system, and getting sent to arcades later.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 05:29 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Smash Crusade and Flash 2.

I like to keep up with them, it's amazing how far fan games have come.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 04:04 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
Smash Crusade and Flash 2.

I like to keep up with them, it's amazing how far fan games have come.
Smash Flash 2 has definitely been in development for more then 10 years now.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 08:45 AM
Jmanghan

I got the master sword before doing a single divine beast.

It was a struggle to have the patience to do so though.

Rip.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 10:11 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The Resident Evil 1 Remake. Want to get a refresher on the plot before I start 2.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 10:33 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

So I see you buy suits outright in Mass Effect 3.

Some of them look snazzy. For 50,000 creds though.. Can't afford too many of those.

On the bright side, that hair trigger sniper rifle and mine thrower gun are so overpowered, you can ignore perks and buy cosmically.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2019 11:29 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Project Slypheed.

Pretty much Ace Combat in space. So Space Combat?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2019 06:21 PM
Impediment
Endless

Resident Evil 2 on PS4.

I'm doing my first play through as Claire.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2019 07:05 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote