KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Enter the Matrix (computer game)

Enter the Matrix (computer game)
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Must be something wrong with the game if it doesn't load and then closes itself.

Old Post May 26th, 2003 09:25 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tevesh

Got the game. so far it's pretty good. i like it. Though i have to say that it's not completely new or mindblowing.

Max Payne was the first game to introduce bullet time, and that made the game, in addition to it's good plot, excellent, thought a bit short.

Jedi Knight II was amazing as well because it was the first game where you could use force powers!

Enter the Matrix Is a bit of a combination between the two. More Max Payne than JK2. (Focus || Force). I suppose the thing that's supposed to make this game so much better is the plot. unfortunetely i haven't gotten too far into the game. The fighting is AMAZING though. The manuvers and punching/kicking animations are just great. There hasn't been a game with this smooth hand to hand combat fighting ever.

Unless the question is: What isn't the answer?

Old Post May 27th, 2003 06:32 AM
Tevesh is currently offline Click here to Send Tevesh a Private Message Find more posts by Tevesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

I like the combinations you can do in "bullet time". Making better combos/wall flips/ect. is better than Max Payne.

The game is a bit easy too sad

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post May 27th, 2003 07:00 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Right, that's it. I am sick of people talking about it; I am off to get it. Here's hoping the PC glitches I have been hearing about are solved.

And I am going to play Ghost because I felt sorry for him in the film.

[Ghost] "Hey, as I am in the game, can I have a decent role in the fi..."

[Evil Brothers] "NO! You stand at the back, you get abou two lines IF you are lucky! DEAL with it! And now, back to our plans to kill Marcus Chong..."

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 27th, 2003 10:42 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galilee

I thought the game was a let down. they could have done so much more with it. It was really just a matter of run around, kill all that moves, THE END. It had that "lets rush a game out and make a ton of cash" feel about it. With the plot and depth of The Matrix films, i would have thought a much more "in depth" game would have been possible. Maybe a cross between Deus Ex and Splinter Cell?? Maybe someone out there will make a "Real" tie in game.

Old Post May 27th, 2003 02:19 PM
Galilee is currently offline Click here to Send Galilee a Private Message Find more posts by Galilee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ziro-cool

hey Clee

i think that you had to se matrix revolution...

and that is not uot B4 novenber...

se you on the flip side:P

Old Post May 27th, 2003 04:44 PM
ziro-cool is currently offline Click here to Send ziro-cool a Private Message Find more posts by ziro-cool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

k i am having problems with the game. i am stuck on the board where you fight the agent in the plane. everytime i run to jump off i get nocked back in. i fought the agent for 1/2 hour one time then finally it allowed me to jump out the back of the plane and despite having the parachute i died, so also how do you use the chute?

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post May 27th, 2003 07:12 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Frankly I cannot see a Matrix game being anything OTHER than all action.

I stuck it on hard because people are saying it is too short but that SWAT helicopter is an arse...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post May 27th, 2003 07:20 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

So, are you going to buy it Ush?

Old Post May 28th, 2003 12:02 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I got it today.

DAMN helicopter! And due to graphics glitches I cannot see it in the rather dodgy first person mode to shoot it. Am I going to have to go through again on a lower difficulty? Bum bum bum bum bum...

BtVS

Old Post May 28th, 2003 12:35 AM
GoldenSpike

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I got it today.

DAMN helicopter! And due to graphics glitches I cannot see it in the rather dodgy first person mode to shoot it. Am I going to have to go through again on a lower difficulty? Bum bum bum bum bum...

The copter is hard to work out to start with, but after trying it for about 1/2 hour i found out a great strategy.

When the copter comes round firing, its nigh on impossible to not get shot a few times, so you need to hide behind the wall on the right of the room (the wall right infront of you when you start the level), then when the copter stops firing, go onto focus and fire as many bullets at the copter as you can, keeping some for the drop in. Then for the drop in, just before they come in throw a stun grenade and use the focus thing and kill em all. Go back to the right hand wall again and do the same as before, do this as many times as need be to bring down the copter smile

Hope this has helped! smile

Old Post May 28th, 2003 01:09 AM
GoldenSpike is currently offline Click here to Send GoldenSpike a Private Message Find more posts by GoldenSpike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tevesh

I have the pc game. one complaint i have so far is that Niobi's trench coat (parts of it) flicker. The texture of her coat doesn't show on these parts and they flicker. I know it's not my video card "unable" to handle it. I have a Ge Force 4 Ti 4200. Perhaps I need to download a patch?

Another complaint i have is that all the video options are only available for you to change when you first initialize the game, not during gameplay. So if you set the video a certain way, and end up not liking it, you have to quit out of the game and restart it to get to the video
options.

Last complaint is certain parts in certain levels, the camera angle is very jumpy. It doesn't want to stay in the same place.

Other than these, the game is great. And all the Bullet time combos you can do are great. My favorites are jumping off the wall and roundhousing someone and watching them spin and spin and spin until they hit the floor. Another one Really like is where you sweep their feet up and around, they turn sideways, still in the air, and you slam your fist into their gut sending them flying for a coupla feet

Old Post May 28th, 2003 03:06 AM
Tevesh is currently offline Click here to Send Tevesh a Private Message Find more posts by Tevesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tevesh

Hey Turin,

Did you knock the agent off the plane first?

That's the only way you can kill him. and then you're good to jump out the plane. That level was a pain for me because everytime i got close to knocking him off and did knock him off, i fell with him

Old Post May 28th, 2003 03:08 AM
turin

ya on my way home from work i realized, duh... maybe instead of jumping off first chance i get i should try nocking him off, yep thats how you do it, i am an idiot.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post May 28th, 2003 04:43 AM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tevesh

haha...no. it took me a while too

Old Post May 28th, 2003 06:04 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Thanks, Goldenspike, but the problem is as I cannot see the helicopter out of the window due to that glitch, I have to rely on auto-aim to hit it. And on hard difficulty that means I can onlly take off about 10% of its health on each pass, not the roughly 50% I understand I should be able to, blasting two clips into it on normal difficulty. That means I have to fight off the four drop-ins nine or ten times without regaining any health. Which just isn't practical.

Shame about those little glitches. Oh well.

BtVS

Old Post May 28th, 2003 10:46 AM
GoldenSpike

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Thanks, Goldenspike, but the problem is as I cannot see the helicopter out of the window due to that glitch, I have to rely on auto-aim to hit it. And on hard difficulty that means I can onlly take off about 10% of its health on each pass, not the roughly 50% I understand I should be able to, blasting two clips into it on normal difficulty. That means I have to fight off the four drop-ins nine or ten times without regaining any health. Which just isn't practical.

Shame about those little glitches. Oh well.

Do you have a console version?

Old Post May 28th, 2003 01:33 PM
GoldenSpike is currently offline Click here to Send GoldenSpike a Private Message Find more posts by GoldenSpike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chaos
g0d

Could someone send me there save pls... It's in your 'saved/' dir big grin
Send to my email or just upload it to the forum wink

Happy Dance

Is anyone intrested in making some MODs for this game with me roll eyes (sarcastic)

Happy Dance

Old Post May 28th, 2003 02:14 PM
Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nah, PC version. Could be a hundred points at which it is not displaying properly from card to drivers to game.

BtVS

Old Post May 28th, 2003 05:17 PM
GoldenSpike

Thats why I bought the Xbox version, best console version you can get smile

Old Post May 28th, 2003 05:19 PM