KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

New Dragon Ball Series

Any DBS info from the anime or manga can be discussed here.

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 16th, 2018 at 04:01 PM

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 05:10 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 05:15 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I have mixed feelings on the matter. Wonder if Funimation will do a simulcast once it airs.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 06:24 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Oops, this is the original thread.

Saw this reveal a few hours ago: awesome.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 07:05 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

This. Is. Awesome.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 07:19 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yungz22
In shrouded judgement

lol it literally made the same thread minutes before you thats funny lmao

we saw the same thing

We are True Avengers

Last edited by yungz22 on Apr 28th, 2015 at 07:27 PM

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 07:23 PM
yungz22 is currently offline Click here to Send yungz22 a Private Message Find more posts by yungz22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Great news. thumb up

So do we know if this is counting the two new films or not? I'd assume it is, but haven't heard anything definitive.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 07:46 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Great news. thumb up

So do we know if this is counting the two new films or not? I'd assume it is, but haven't heard anything definitive.

I believe it is a continuance of the series after Dragonball: Revival of F.

Which should invalidate all of GT.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 07:49 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The series will initially be set in post-Buu/pre-BoG continuity...

"Reuniting the franchise’s iconic characters, Dragon Ball Super will follow the aftermath of Goku’s fierce battle with Majin Buu, as he attempts to maintain earth’s fragile peace."

"While the new series is said to pick up in a period of peace following the battle with Majin Buu, there is not yet any word on the specific timeframe (for example, a year in the “Age” calendar) that the story may take place."

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/04/2...unced-for-2015/

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 08:20 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Today is a day of celebration.

#DBZ4Life

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 08:22 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Are we ever gonna address Uub? Ever? And not in a lame way like GT.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 08:58 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by yungz22
lol it literally made the same thread minutes before you thats funny lmao

we saw the same thing

What anime is that in your sig?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 10:03 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Originally posted by Galan007
The series will initially be set in post-Buu/pre-BoG continuity...

"Reuniting the franchise’s iconic characters, Dragon Ball Super will follow the aftermath of Goku’s fierce battle with Majin Buu, as he attempts to maintain earth’s fragile peace."

"While the new series is said to pick up in a period of peace following the battle with Majin Buu, there is not yet any word on the specific timeframe (for example, a year in the “Age” calendar) that the story may take place."

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/04/2...unced-for-2015/
wow so the movies might not be canon? wtf?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 11:26 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Nah, I'm sure the films will remain canon.

Evidently the new anime will start out chronicling the 5 year gap that exists between the Buu saga and BoG... And as you know, a LOT can happen in 5 years within the DBZ universe--there were roughly 5 years between the beginning of the Saiyan saga and the end of the Cell saga, for example.

The potential problem I foresee is that, sans Gods(which didn't surface until BoG), there really aren't any credible threats to the Saiyans anymore... So unless Akira goes the GT route and has the Z Fighters scour the galaxy/universe actively seeking out 'adventures'(ie. trouble), the villains might come off as forced/rushed. *Hopefully* this isn't the case and Akira comes up with some original plots, but I'm kind of skeptical right now...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 28th, 2015 at 11:46 PM

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 11:39 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Evidently the new anime will start out chronicling the 5 year gap that exists between the Buu saga and BoG... And as you know, a LOT can happen in 5 years within the DBZ universe--there were roughly 5 years between the beginning of the Saiyan saga and the end of the Cell saga, for example.

The potential problem I foresee is that, sans Gods(which didn't surface until BoG), there really aren't any credible threats to the Saiyans anymore... So unless Akira goes the GT route and has the Z Fighters scour the galaxy/universe actively seeking out 'adventures'(ie. trouble), the villains might come off as forced/rushed. *Hopefully* this isn't the case and Akira comes up with some original plots, but I'm kind of skeptical right now...

TOTALLY agree.

The series already had several ass-pulls too many, like Majin Buu and Cell, for example.

And if they DO go the route of the Z-fighters scouring the universe for trouble, it'd just make a new GT series, which would also be stupid. erm

I just hope they can think of a good idea to make an interesting series. But it seems a little far-fetched, because DBZ has already had everything extracted from it that it could. Introducing new villains would make it seem even more forced than DBZ already was.

I'd just prefer them to go the route of telling the story of someone like Future Trunks, after he went back to the future. And showing what happened afterwards, including how he dealt with Buu, if he did, and what he managed to do against other threats to Earth. It would be MUCH more interesting to me, than seeing the Z-fighters train with their fingers up their asses, and do the same shit they've been doing for 30 years. no expression

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2015 12:36 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Much like any other Series or Movie, trouble comes looking for Goku on earth, and he defends it, then it sends them throughout the galaxy encountering more powerful people. Now different levels of gods and aliens.

Like Buris said, he was the 7th god (god of destruction), there are 11 others I'm guessing and there are possibly many different gods with teachers like Whis. Akira has never let us down, he will continue to make good work.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2015 12:53 AM
ares834

Yeah, setting it after RoF would make a lot of sense. The multiverse opening up allows for a ton of cool villains that would seem less forced. However, from the sound of it, it seems like it will be set before BoG. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2015 02:08 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
Yeah, setting it after RoF would make a lot of sense. The multiverse opening up allows for a ton of cool villains that would seem less forced. However, from the sound of it, it seems like it will be set before BoG. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

No clue whats going to happen in a era of peace so I am as well. We know he was training uub but that was already shown in GT. So I'm hoping it will take place after BOG. Makes the most sense, maybe he will get pressured into doing that.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2015 02:24 AM
CatL18

I am looking forward to Adventure like Dragon Ball rather than endless power inflation like Dragon Ball Z or GT.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2015 02:35 AM
CatL18 is currently offline Click here to Send CatL18 a Private Message Find more posts by CatL18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yungz22
In shrouded judgement

Originally posted by JayDaDon
What anime is that in your sig?

magi labarynth of magic..... its a great series

We are True Avengers

Old Post Apr 29th, 2015 02:56 AM
yungz22 is currently offline Click here to Send yungz22 a Private Message Find more posts by yungz22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote