KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol oh I remember the mustache ride.

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 10:52 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Meh I still think SSJ 4 is too cluttered. I mean the hair and the eyes were pretty cool but wait! He has a tail again. And look! he's grown fur on his bare Lautner chest!

I bet the producer's had to grab the artist's hand like "NO! Stop! He doesn't need wings!"

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post May 23rd, 2015 03:43 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

While it's not my favorite thing, I do like that it put the great ape aspects on display again. Since that aspect of the race just stopped mattering all together prior to that.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post May 23rd, 2015 04:06 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
Meh I still think SSJ 4 is too cluttered. I mean the hair and the eyes were pretty cool but wait! He has a tail again. And look! he's grown fur on his bare Lautner chest!

I bet the producer's had to grab the artist's hand like "NO! Stop! He doesn't need wings!"

laughing

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post May 25th, 2015 06:54 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko

Part of the reason the only SSJ4 look that I particularly liked was Gogeta's. The coloration is more in line with that of an actual Oozaru instead of just red for no reason in terms of the fur, and I always hated the use of their natural hair color for the form--really took away alot of presence in terms of power that SSJ forms were known for, and didn't even have anything like a fancy aura to really make up for that like SSG God did (the wild fiery aura was my favorite feature of either SSJ God form), but the fact that Gogeta had all of those things in his SSJ4 is what really helped improve my opinion on his form over just Goku's or Vegeta's, not to mention Goku's fur practically borders on like, a hot pink in some shots.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 10:22 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Site updated with new graphic: http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon_s/

(please log in to view the image)

And a very shot trailer:

Last edited by ares834 on Jun 15th, 2015 at 05:35 AM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 05:21 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Alternate versions of Beerus and Whis, eh? Very interesting.

I was not expecting the show to expand on the DB multiverse...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 06:11 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

I enjoy the attempt to make the DBZverse a bit more complex

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 02:35 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

New Bills is fat. thumb down

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 03:06 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Dragon ball is like Naruto, or vice versa. They have a great cast, but refuses to use them.

Piccolo had so much potential, that it always baffle me that Toriyama just threw him away without a second thought after more Saiyans were introduced.

Vegeta took over as Goku's rival were Piccolo's reasoning for been Goku's rival was so much sweeter.

After the super saiyan were introduced, the z fighters turned to the Super Saiyan fighters and cast.

Adult Gohan was another one that he thee away. Gohan going to school and the dumb things he did reminded me of early Dragon ball Goku. Then he introduced full potential gohan, only to waste his potential just to make Goku and Vegeta be the hero.

I just hope this new series goes back to early Dragon ball and early Z where all the characters were relevant.

Yes, that also includes Yamcha, before the whole vegeta and Bulma cock hold him spiral he went on and never recoved form.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 04:15 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta

I'd just prefer them to go the route of telling the story of someone like Future Trunks, after he went back to the future. And showing what happened afterwards, including how he dealt with Buu, if he did, and what he managed to do against other threats to Earth. It would be MUCH more interesting to me, than seeing the Z-fighters train with their fingers up their asses, and do the same shit they've been doing for 30 years. no expression

They actually did tell the story if the 'what if future trunks had to deal with the buu saga' in a game called ' Dragon Ball Z - Shin Budokai: Another Road ' which was totally dedicated to it. Not saying it wouldn't be a good show but I find most people who want to see this don't know about this game.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 04:39 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

So the first issue of the manga is out. Couldn't find a scanilation of it, but I looked at the pics and read a summary. It's set before BoG and even contradicts a few things from the film. Looking at it, I could easily see the new arc be a retelling of BoG.

Last edited by ares834 on Jun 19th, 2015 at 10:14 PM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2015 10:11 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

That trailer has Gohan with the white aura. God form Gohan?

Though probably just mystic but considering how useless that is... now, might be God?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 12:54 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

A few new factoids from V-Jump...

Apparently 'fat Beerus' has a name: "Champa"(pronounced "Shampa".):
(please log in to view the image)

"His Name is Champa!!
Revealed in the main visual!! Who the heck is this new character “Champa” that’s next to Beerus…?!"

The name of the corresponding Whis-analogue seen along with Champa on the official promo pic not yet been revealed.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

The most important tid-bits to take away from the above pages...

"Super SCOOP!! #1: Dragon Ball Super is set slightly after the showdown with Majin Buu!

Dragon Ball Super is a gem of an original story, from an original draft provided by manga author Akira Toriyama-sensei! This series is a super tale that depicts what happens “afterwards” to Goku and the gang following the titanic battle with Majin Buu, and links up with the movies Battle of Gods and Revival of “F”!!"

"Super SCOOP!! #3: Already well-known from the movies!? For the first time, Beerus and Whis join the fray in a TV series!!

The God of Destruction Beerus and his servant Whis have already cut quite a figure in the two latest movies, and now they’re set to appear as regular cast members for this TV series! Far stronger than the likes of Freeza, Cell, or Majin Buu, Beerus will run amok in the new series!?"

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 01:44 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

How do they expect to get by with Beerus if the series is only after the Buu saga? Was he not asleep for almost 40 straight years? It's not a total complaint as Beerus and Whis have since been some of my favorite new things about Dragon Ball, but right now, it's kinda screaming "plot hole". I'm hoping it's not a matter of Toriyama forgetting or something--he's usually the first to admit something like that about himself, but this would just be asinine. Hell, I'll bet he's forgotten that he originally said he aimed to make any new DB Series star Mr. Satan/Hercule.

My guess (and hope) is that it only STARTS after the Buu saga and progresses through and past the movies. At this point, the last manga chapter has all but lost relevance imho.

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Jun 20th, 2015 at 09:46 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 09:43 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

The last manga chapter still works since 10 years later. Actually it kinda makes Goku fighting the reincarnation of Buu in his base form makes sense. Not that the fight was dangerous.

I have no idea why Toriyama wants to ignore little Uub though. I like the little fellow.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 09:47 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
My guess (and hope) is that it only STARTS after the Buu saga and progresses through and past the movies.
I think this is exactly how the series will progress.

Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
At this point, the last manga chapter has all but lost relevance imho.
Yeah, the final chapter of Z doesn't really doesn't mesh with current continuity at all.

BoG is set 4 years after the conclusion of the Buu saga--and RoF takes place fairly soon after that(within a year or two, most logically.) So by the final chapter of Z(which was set 10 years after the conclusion of the Buu saga, remember), the thought of fighting a Buu-level opponent(which is what Uub had the potential to become) definitely wouldn't have been exciting for Goku anymore, given the events of the films... Buu-level power has simply dwindled into utter insignificance now.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 10:53 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Well in base mode it might still be fun.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 11:23 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

As of BoG, Goku's base power was nearly on par with that of his full-fledged SSJG amp, and still enough to challenge Beerus. Tack on the fact that Goku now has Beerus and Whis to spar with(hell, their doppelgangers will also be entering the fray pretty soon), and there is really no reason that Goku would be uber-excited to fight a potential Buu-level opponent. That's a massive downgrade for him, really.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 20th, 2015 at 11:33 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 11:28 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Well under Goku's training he could potentially pass Buu. Besides it is all about Goku finally becoming a teacher rather than a pupil.

But who knows. Maybe Toriyama forgot Uub. He only had to draw him for one chapter.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 11:47 PM