KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 357 358 [359] 360 361 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
There are people, a lot of people that like Jiren. It's all a personal opinion tbh. Kind of like how i think Roshi and Krillin is a waste of space. It's my personal opinion that others probably doesn't share. Buu didn't even have a personality, just slow in the head and people loved him. Personal opinion.
More or less. Some people like Goku to solve all of his problems by getting a bigger power level. I hate that. Being strong is nice, but I prefer to see the hero also save the day with his wits, techniques and his sense of battle strategy. It forces the writer to be creative and makes fights unpredictable. I sincerely hope that Goku looks to Roshi and Krillin's efforts throughout this tournament and factors that kind of mentality into how he's going to beat Jiren and maybe make that a permanent staple of his moveset. But I highly doubt it.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 09:45 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

@ares...

Yep. He's on a super hero squad that is meant to protect the Universe.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 09:59 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
More or less. Some people like Goku to solve all of his problems by getting a bigger power level. I hate that. Being strong is nice, but I prefer to see the hero also save the day with his wits, techniques and his sense of battle strategy. It forces the writer to be creative and makes fights unpredictable. I sincerely hope that Goku looks to Roshi and Krillin's efforts throughout this tournament and factors that kind of mentality into how he's going to beat Jiren and maybe make that a permanent staple of his moveset. But I highly doubt it.

I can agree with this. I honestly don't think Goku is going to beat Jiren and the play out you just said happened during Goku fight with Kid Buu.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 10:00 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Hit at least had an established background of being an assassin. What do we know about Jiren other than him being retardedly strong for no reasons mentioned? Absolutely nothing.

And despite talking 3rd person and stuff, Buu has plenty personality. lol (thanks for reminding me about Toei repeatedly giving him the shaft) Also disagree on classic characters like Roshi being a waste of space, but different strokes I guess.

Doomsday didn't say a word during his first run. Nothing. After killing Superman he didn't say a single thing. Just went on a rampage; punched and kick while nothing came off of his lips and people still loved him.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 10:01 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

@ares...

Yep. He's on a super hero squad that is meant to protect the Universe.

Why do the other members of said squad have a personality while Jiren doesn't? If anything Jiren's the least heroic out of that lot; the scene with him meditating just made him look smug and arrogant more than anything.

Doomsday didn't say a word during his first run. Nothing. After killing Superman he didn't say a single thing. Just went on a rampage; punched and kick while nothing came off of his lips and people still loved him.

There are also plenty that couldn't less about Doomsday, as he's not a deep character, just a monster that punches. He's not universally loved, if that's what you're insinuating, just as Jiren isn't even though he's loved by others.

Is it people liking Hit more than Jiren or just not liking Jiren at all that you're taking issue with? No one's usually gonna be liked by everyone.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 10:17 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

And Doomsday said "Metropolis" right at the start of that run anyways.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 11:00 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

No one gives a shit about Doomsday outside of versus threads, and even then people mostly support him because his place in the setting can make characters they like (Superman for example) look better.

No one gives a shit about Doomsday as a character.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 11:05 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

For the record I don't particularly hate Jiren like a couple here do; just bored/indifferent with him, especially after that last episode which was predictable af. At least Hit got to have some good moments and didn't go down like a punk which I was happy with. He actually had a bit development when he put his universe before himself in the end and took one for the team. Maybe the beginning of a character arc for him like Masako put it.

When the U6 Namekians finally showed up it just felt out of nowhere, like an afterthought, but hopefully they'll give a decent fight. Universe 6's days seem numbered now either way.

Forgot if this was pointed out here already, but I'm guessing the earlier artwork of Ultra Instinct Goku, with being shirtless and the red and blue aura, is a more mastered/controlled version of UI which we haven't seen in the anime yet.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 11:21 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by NemeBro
No one gives a shit about Doomsday outside of versus threads, and even then people mostly support him because his place in the setting can make characters they like (Superman for example) look better.

He's pretty much Jason Vorhee's for Super Heroes.

There's a reason the focus of most Freddy and Jason crossovers was on Freddy doing his thing, while Jason was essentially his hench man..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 11:29 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by cdtm
He's pretty much Jason Vorhee's for Super Heroes.

There's a reason the focus of most Freddy and Jason crossovers was on Freddy doing his thing, while Jason was essentially his hench man..
Don't compare Jiren to Jason... Jason is fun to watch. Compare him to Michael at least. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 12:08 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Hey, I like Michael Myers. Well mainly his or Halloween's music score that sells me on him, which same can unironically be said for some with DBS and its OST...

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 12:24 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

I've never been a fan of Michael or Freddy. Not that Friday the 13th movies are better.. it's just Freddy is annoying, and I don't care about any story they try with Michael. But Jason wholesale slaughter is fun to watch in between the rest of the boring "story".

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 12:52 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I'm surprised no one brought up Jiren punches shattering a dimension.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 03:39 AM
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
If not for Hit NOT being just another villain whose quirk is having a "really really high power level", he probably would have. Instead, Goku had to rely on skill and technique to fight him (i.e. actual fight creativity) to beat him (or nearly beat him anyway), which is something Dragon Ball has been lacking for ages. With Jiren, they just took Hit's initial personality (which was also nonexistent), removed his appeal (unique skillset) and just slapped a huge power level on him. And that's boring to me.
Not only that. Take their reactions as well. Its clear from hits reaction that he doesnt see a lot of peers in universe 6. Hes actually intrigued by goku and vegeta. You can tell he has a fighting spirit but with no true rival in his universe. Its obviously from what weve seen hit and goku are likely two of the strongest fighers jiren has ever fought. Is he intrigued? Nope not really. Arrogant desuche is arrogant and powerful. Big deal. I see jiren and I miss zamasu

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 04:52 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by NemeBro

So Doomsday IS Jiren.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 06:19 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Jiren and Batman: Worlds finest.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 11:59 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

In the manga, Toppo absolutely wrecks Mastered SSJB Goku, and states that Jiren is more powerful than God of Destruction Vermod.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 04:58 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Yep, Toppo pretty much Jiren'd Goku. Although it's worth mentioning that Goku just came off of several months of no training. Literally the same day that he was hurt by a bullet.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 05:05 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Still powerful enough to stay in his Mastered SSJB state, which he had high difficulty with the first time he used it.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 05:08 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Gohan was able to go into SSJ2 in the early Buu saga as well.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 05:12 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote