KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 373 374 [375] 376 377 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

Goku will recharge and go UI again...

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 04:14 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Estacado
If Goku runs out of UI again wtf will fight Jiren?

Gohan big grin

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 04:20 PM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by cdtm
Jiren said "This heat, that is your limit".

I thought it was funny how Jiren didn't sweat Goku's new ability at all, but thinking about it, I bet he experienced the same thing himself. Whis wouldn't know because for angels, it's a racial ability, but Jiren must have started out just like Goku has, with the same problems.

Meaning he knew he had him on attrition. Jiren is as untouchable, but without the timer, so of course he wouldn't be worried. Only annoyed it was taking so damned long to finish this guy.

There is no reason to believe ultra instinct is a racial ability.

Jiren does probably have ultra instinct, though. But I would argue Jiren isn't "as untouchable" as the UI we saw in 110, he's more untouchable. Hence why in Goku's ultimate final punch, Jiren caught it, and told Goku that he's at his limit. We haven't seen Jiren's Limit yet.

The form is called "Ultra Instinct Omen"...probably an omen for a more Mastered/improved ultra instinct Goku will wield later in the tournament to defeat Jiren.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 05:31 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
There is no reason to believe ultra instinct is a racial ability.

Jiren does probably have ultra instinct, though. But I would argue Jiren isn't "as untouchable" as the UI we saw in 110, he's more untouchable. Hence why in Goku's ultimate final punch, Jiren caught it, and told Goku that he's at his limit. We haven't seen Jiren's Limit yet.

The form is called "Ultra Instinct Omen"...probably an omen for a more Mastered/improved ultra instinct Goku will wield later in the tournament to defeat Jiren.

UI seems to be an ability all angels have, judging by Whis's comments.

At the least, there's something about the angels culture or lifelong training that allows them to master the skill without any of the problems Whis noted and didn't understand. Just like someone who mastered riding a bike as a child really wouldn't be able to help another adult work through problems that come from learning later in life, as people do learn differently at different ages.

While Jiren's matter of fact statement implies he does have some idea of the heats significance.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 06:05 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Topppo Dypso fusion seems pretty likely at this point. Dypso is garbage otherwise.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 06:10 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

If Jiren had that mustache he would be the coolest DB villain ever...

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 06:19 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

That was strange how Dyspo felt he was nothing to Frieza. He didn't mind trying his luck with Hit afterall.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 06:20 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

And Frieza wasnt even Golden. ....

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 06:21 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Well, I am finally all caught up with DBS.

Some of the episodes were really good -- right up there with DBZ's best, imo. My biggest problem with this series overall is the horribly inconsistent power levels... Drives me nuts at times because it's clear that not even Toriyama has a handle on the characters he is writing, but I digress...

As for Jiren: I think it's clear his meditation = image training. If you recall: back in ep. 85, when Toppo and Dyspo where taking about Jiren being needed for the ToP, Toppo said that Jiren "had already began his training" -- and when Jiren was next shown 'training', he was doing the same thing he is doing now: meditating.

After all, image training is supposed to be as effective as regular training. More importantly, if you've already faced your opponent before, you can use this technique to plan different strategies against them -- essentially finding exploitable weaknesses in their forms/abilities and such. I'd imagine that is what Jiren is doing in preparation for his inevitable rematch against Goku... Not that Jiren currently *needs* to prep(he was VASTLY beyond Goku the first time they fought, after all), but given Goku's uncanny ability to become more powerful in the heat of battle(which Jiren has witnessed firsthand mind you), it is conceivable that he could pose a legit threat to Jiren once he gets Ultra Instinct under control.

...That said, I believe the *real* 'big bad' behind all of this is the Daishikan. I think he's plotting something BIG here... And against him, even Jiren is an insect(as are ALL Gods of Destruction and Angels.)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 07:18 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

The thing I don't get is, why didn't Jiren just toss Goku out of the ring when he looked at him before meditating. Goku couldn't do a thing about it. Just doesn't make sense to me.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 08:27 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Damborgson
That was strange how Dyspo felt he was nothing to Frieza. He didn't mind trying his luck with Hit afterall.

Well, Dypso did look at Frieza fight against that teleporter and Frieza did amazingly good.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 08:29 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by carver9
The thing I don't get is, why didn't Jiren just toss Goku out of the ring when he looked at him before meditating. Goku couldn't do a thing about it. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Enough with the nitpicking, troll! mad

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 08:46 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Damborgson

That may just be because he had a strategy to deal with him.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 09:24 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Writers needed the ratings boost that they hoped having Goku fight Jiren early would bring, but they simaltaneously could not think of a reason as to why Jiren would not just proceed to defeat Goku and everyone else on the ring, so they simply had him go back to meditating and assumed people would be too awed by new transformations, beam attacks and other cool stuff to notice.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 09:55 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Because Goku gets main character plot armor, while Hit doesn’t. /shrug

And welcome back Galan. thumb up Figured you would come to like the series when given another good chance, power levels aside. Also agree that the best episodes are up there with Z, even if they’re fairly in between. At least even the filler fights (Kale and Caulifla) have good fight choreography and animation, enough to keep me invested, though the last episode was meh, and iffy on Kefla with the fusion fatigue and all.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 09:57 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Better or worse than GT?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 10:01 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Far better, though it’s not saying too much, as it’s hard for something to be overall worse than GT.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 10:11 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I think Jiren WANTS to fight Goku again.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 10:37 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ thumb up

Jiren is a warrior through and through. He knows that barring the GoDs and Angels, Goku is the ONLY character at the ToP with the potential to give him any sort of decent fight -- and I think Jiren *wants* a good fight.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 10:50 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

I wonder who is better against a opponent that has Instant Transmission. Freeza or Caulifla. Both have beat it quite effortlessly.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 11:14 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote