KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 413 414 [415] 416 417 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Here are a few more translated spoilers from Toei's official Japanese site...

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

*'full-power' Vegeta gets casually ragdolled by Jiren.
*Goku finally get's back to HIS full power in ep. 123.
*#17 will undoubtedly be eliminated.
*And as most of us have assumed: Jiren has only used a relatively small percentage of his power thus far, and can effortlessly stomp Goku AND Vegeta while holding back tremendously... At this point I can see a 'peak' Jiren being > ALL the Hakaishin, tbh. The hyper-wank he's received thus far is absolutely staggering.

{edit}
Oh, and it's almost starting to sound like Toppo will become more than just a *candidate* for U11's Hakaishin... It's sounding like he will *become* U11's Hakaishin in the VERY near future.

Perhaps Belmond officially retires, and makes Toppo the new Hakaishin during the final leg of this Tourney, to try and give U11 the advantage..?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 30th, 2017 at 11:37 PM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 11:22 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Beerus should have retired, and given Monoka the God of Destruction title, and then entered the tournament as a u7 mortal.....

Then taken it back after the battle.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 11:51 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I'm going to laugh out loud if U11 wins the tournament, and Jiren wish's everyone back.

And then Goku can whine he lost his chance to wish for a really strong opponent. Everybody face palms.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 12:02 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Galan, the translation for the episode 123 spoiler is misleading. Other translations say that Vegeta loses to Jiren "despite putting up a decent fight," as opposed to "without putting up a decent fight."

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 12:20 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I know, wishful thinking!

Of course Goku will win! Like he did against Zamasu...

...uuuuu yeah. Trunks lost his timeline.

But Freeza's plot failed!

...after Whis intervened, and undid his plot which totally succeeded.

But there's still, ah..

Beerus?

.....yeeah.

U7 just might get erased, and saved by Jiren. thumb up

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 12:22 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Goku is going to master Ultra Instinct, and he and Jiren will ring each other out, imo.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 12:25 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Galan, the translation for the episode 123 spoiler is misleading. Other translations say that Vegeta loses to Jiren "despite putting up a decent fight," as opposed to "without putting up a decent fight."
That's the translation straight from Herms, who is usually the most accurate translator on the web. /shrug

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 12:28 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Goku is going to master Ultra Instinct, and he and Jiren will ring each other out, imo.

Hey, here's an idea.

What if... Freeza betrays everyone, and somehow unlocks his own UI. Gets Goku eliminated, and everyone else.

Leaving Freeza...

vs..

Jiren.

Jiren suddenly becomes the hero.

Freeza, of course, wants absolute power, while Jiren vows to save everybody.

What do you think?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 12:30 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by cdtm
I'm going to laugh out loud if U11 wins the tournament, and Jiren wish's everyone back.

And then Goku can whine he lost his chance to wish for a really strong opponent. Everybody face palms.
That'd be almost as good as if it were revealed that Goku secretly went to Zen-Oh beforehand, and made him promise not to *actually* erase the universes during the ToP... He just wanted everyone to *think* the universes had been erased for some extra motivation to ensure they went all-out or some shit. laughing out loud

...But in all seriousness, I am thinking that either Jiren or Freeza will win this thing. Jiren evidently has a shocking 'wish' to make, and Freeza has some underlying machinations that have not yet been fully realized. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 31st, 2017 at 12:37 AM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 12:32 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by Galan007
That's the translation straight from Herms, who is usually the most accurate translator on the web. /shrug

Ken Xyro goes with "despite putting up a decent fight." Pretty sure herms has mentioned the translating issues on his twitter.

I'd wait for the episode, tbh.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 12:51 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'd wait for the episode, tbh.
Of course, lol.

Regardless of how accurate Herms' translations are(and they are very accurate most of the time, tbh), they're still coming from Toei's *previews*... And previews can often be quite deceptive in their own right, and shouldn't be fully relied on... Said previews/translations should just serve as a loose guide regarding what we can expect in episodes to come.

ie. we know Vegeta will ultimately get shit-stomped by Jiren, we know Goku will get back to full power in ep. 123, we know #17 will be eliminated, we know Jiren will casually trounce Goku AND Vegeta whilst holding back, we know Toppo will reach a new tier of power, etc.

The biggest "?" for me right now, however, is Toppo. As mentioned: everything I have read/seen thus far indicates that in one of the next few episodes he will either unlock Hakaishin-level power, OR become a bonafide Hakaishin himself(thanks to Belmond retiring mid-battle or somesuch.) Since Toppo is one of my favorite 'new' characters(second only to Hit), I am very eager for this reveal... It should be pretty damned awesome, regardless.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 31st, 2017 at 02:04 AM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 01:57 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by Galan007
The biggest "?" for me right now, however, is Toppo. As mentioned: everything I have read/seen thus far indicates that in one of the next few episodes he will either unlock Hakaishin-level power, OR become a bonafide Hakaishin himself(thanks to Belmond retiring mid-battle or somesuch.) Since Toppo is one of my favorite 'new' characters(second only to Hit), I am very eager for this reveal.

IKR? Toppo is my favorite new character for some reason. I suspect he's gonna unlock hakaishin level power, as I suspect he will be the source of the "pure, overwhelming power." He'll definitively surpass Hit, I hope. smile

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 02:05 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

IKR? Toppo is my favorite new character for some reason. I suspect he's gonna unlock hakaishin level power, as I suspect he will be the source of the "pure, overwhelming power." He'll definitively surpass Hit, I hope. smile
Yeah, I really like him as a character for some reason. Unlike the majority of characters in the ToP, Toppo(and ALL of the Pride Troopers for that matter) is/are legitimately good... Like, could probably lift Mjolnir level of good. Dig it. thumb up

Herms pointed this out, and it makes sense: the word "kourin" is used in the Japanese title for episode 125. Evidently this is a fancy word meaning "the descent/arrival of a God to Earth". Previously in DBS/BoG, it was used to describe Beerus' arrival on earth... So that also points in the direction of Toppo becoming an *actual* Hakaishin, and not just unlocking a similar level of power... Which would be a REALLY cool twist, imo(even though it'd be somewhat cheapened when he is inevitably beaten by a member of U7.) It should be a fun reveal either way, though. big grin

Well, if Toppo legitimately becomes Hakaishin-level(even if he's 'only' equal to a lower-level Hakaishin), he should still be WAY above Hit, tbh. Even Goku noted how ridiculously inferior he was compared to all of the Hakaishin when he watched them fight in the manga's adaption of the Zen Exhibition match:
https://i.imgur.com/XjlUaSh.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/HWtxcZ7.jpg

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 31st, 2017 at 02:47 AM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 02:43 AM
Mendax
Hand of God

It would be cool to see Belmond "knight" Toppo with divine ki, annointing him as the new GOD of his universe. You can't be a Destructor without divine ki afteall, and Toppo is definitely a character you can rely on to never abuse that power. smile

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 03:00 AM
Mendax is currently offline Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

By divine Ki, are you referring to God Ki or destroyer energy?

The manga confirms that Toppo has God Ki.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 03:00 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 03:04 AM
Mendax
Hand of God

Wow thanks guys. I haven't read the manga in a few months. I really need to catch up with that. embarrasment

Those pages also seems to imply that Toppo learned how to cast God ki from Lord Belmond? I didn't realize they had trained together enough for him to have "learned" something like that. Holy crap! eek!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 03:08 AM
Mendax is currently offline Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Yup. Toppo has trained with Belmod so much that the latter is planning on retiring "any day now" to let Toppo replace him. smile

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 03:12 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Mendax
Wow thanks guys. I haven't read the manga in a few months. I really need to catch up with that. embarrasment

Those pages also seems to imply that Toppo learned how to cast God ki from Lord Belmond? I didn't realize they had trained together enough for him to have "learned" something like that. Holy crap! eek!
As of the Zen Exhibition Match, Belmond was literally a few DAYS away from stepping down as Hakaishin, and passing the torch over to Toppo:
https://i.imgur.com/cdXJZE8.jpg

Fast-forward to the ToP(40hrs later), and Belmond could very well be MINUTES away from retiring, tbh.

So yeah, at this point I would imagine that he's been grooming Toppo to take his place as Hakaishin for a LONG time now... To the point where Toppo's training is likely complete, and he is fully prepared to take on the role/responsibility of Hakaishin.

*If nothing else, I hope DBS actually does show us how a 'mortal' transitions into the Hakaishin of their universe.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 31st, 2017 at 03:41 AM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 03:39 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

spoiler tags would be appreciated in the future.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 08:11 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote