KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 437 438 [439] 440 441 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

I just noticed we are ignoring a major ft during the tournament of power. The ring. It's more durable than the strongest metal in DBZ. Gohan couldn't even puncture it with a magical Z sword, let alone put a scratch on it and again, the ring is more durable. People are getting punched through the ring without suffering a scratch. Hell, Super Saiyan Kayla didn't even acknowledge it when she was punched through mountains of it. Frieza face was crushed into it and he didn't even acknowledge it. INSANE durability and strength showing if you ask me.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Last edited by carver9 on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 01:19 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 01:13 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

A super durable ring that breaks at literally EVERY attack. laughing

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 01:49 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vansonbee
Kind of a let down that Gohan got knockout along the enemy. I prefer to see more fighting between him and Toppo. Gauging by how Toppo shits on Gohan attacks, Gohan does way better against his dad blue form.

It was stupid anyways.

Why did Gohan need to hold him? He was hitting him fine before. Why did the cage make any difference? What, could Dypso not sway back or move backwards? His race doesn't know how to backpeddle?

It was as stupid as the fans of this shit.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 01:51 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by cdtm

That speaks about the characters, not the ring, you nunbnut

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 02:47 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

Originally posted by carver9
I just noticed we are ignoring a major ft during the tournament of power. The ring. It's more durable than the strongest metal in DBZ. Gohan couldn't even puncture it with a magical Z sword, let alone put a scratch on it and again, the ring is more durable. People are getting punched through the ring without suffering a scratch. Hell, Super Saiyan Kayla didn't even acknowledge it when she was punched through mountains of it. Frieza face was crushed into it and he didn't even acknowledge it. INSANE durability and strength showing if you ask me.

I think that the ring is just an ignorant writing, nothing else, like they have forgotten from what it's made of. They don't care about it.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 03:16 PM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

It was stupid anyways.

Why did Gohan need to hold him? He was hitting him fine before. Why did the cage make any difference? What, could Dypso not sway back or move backwards? His race doesn't know how to backpeddle?

It was as stupid as the fans of this shit.

That's plot for you, though Gohan was only hitting when Dyspo's movements were restricted, so he couldn't use his full speed, as soon as the energy cage thing went down he was about to go all ham on Gohan....if it weren't for that full nelson.

Truly the full nelson is the most powerful technique in DB.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 03:19 PM
Zenwolf is currently offline Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Yamcha fans rejoice! He finally got his revenge!

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 10:19 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Yeah lol. The ring sucks.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 12:12 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Inedian
I think that the ring is just an ignorant writing, nothing else, like they have forgotten from what it's made of. They don't care about it.

Why do you think they forgot what it is made of.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 01:29 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Because you'd think SOMEONE would fail to break it.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 05:24 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

OR that they'd be so shocked when the arena was destroyed.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 07:24 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

yes

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 08:28 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

Originally posted by carver9
Why do you think they forgot what it is made of.

Even Roshi in his fight against that birdboy was breaking this metal or Tien with his Kikouhou and they both did it easily. It's just thy typical incosistency in DBS.

Last edited by Inedian on Jan 24th, 2018 at 09:01 AM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 08:46 AM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

A partial title has been released for ep. 127-

"Entrusted with Hope, the Final Barrier"

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 03:43 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Sj_Sharp
It's not fan made, lol.
Lol, okay? Doesn't change the fact that his ACTUAL form has looked NOTHING like that so far. I don't care about gaudy promo art, lol.

Also, the thought of Goku consciously 'amping' UI is unbelievably stupid(even by DBS standards.) IF something like that happens, it will help solidify why the series needs to end.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 24th, 2018 at 03:53 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 03:46 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Inedian
Even Roshi in his fight against that birdboy was breaking this metal or Tien with his Kikouhou and they both did it easily. It's just thy typical incosistency in DBS.

Didn't Roshi break it only with the Kamehameha though? Same with Tien with his attack, both of those attacks amplify the user's power beyond their normal levels, especially Tien. I don't recall them breaking it with any physical means.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 03:50 PM
Zenwolf is currently offline Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Didn't Roshi break it only with the Kamehameha though? Same with Tien with his attack, both of those attacks amplify the user's power beyond their normal levels, especially Tien. I don't recall them breaking it with any physical means.
In ep. 105, one of Roshi's smaller blasts did obliterate the Kachi Katchin(which is supposed to be the most indestructible stuff in the multiverse), so that is already stupid enough.

However, Ganos also punched Roshi through several 'mountains' of said material as well. Roshi was a bit weary afterward(though that could have just been from Ganos' melee), but he was still not KO'd -- in fact, he barely even had a scratch on him. Roshi then proceeded to get up and unleash his full-power Kamehameha, eliminating Ganos.

So yeah, the implication is that Roshi's body is far more durable than Kachi Katchin... Which is horrendously inconsistent.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 24th, 2018 at 04:14 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 04:05 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Galan007
Lol, okay? Doesn't change the fact that his ACTUAL form has looked NOTHING like that so far. I don't care about gaudy promo art, lol.

Also, the thought of Goku consciously 'amping' UI is unbelievably stupid(even by DBS standards.) IF something like that happens, it will help solidify why the series needs to end.

I think Toriyama is ripping off Histories Strongest Disciple: Kenichi wholesale.

That series established a yin and yang fighting style, with Kenichi being the "defensive" type, and the likes of Appochi and Sakaki being offensive type, and having different aura's and such.

And UI is most definitely inspired by Ryuusei Sekeiken, the flowing water aura that makes Kenichi untouchable (when mastered).

So I'd bet dollars to donuts blue and red UI represent offenseive and defensive, and the promo art is mixed mode.

And if I'm right about Vegeta unlocking offensive UI, then the promo art is misleading us by having Goku on the cover. Vegetto = perfected UI.

It's why they worked in Potera, and it's why Vegeta needs to be at Goku's level, so he can unlock his half.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 04:51 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Or better yet, Jiren farts and Vegetta gets kicked out of the competition by accident.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 05:15 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I think Toriyama is ripping off Histories Strongest Disciple: Kenichi wholesale.

That series established a yin and yang fighting style, with Kenichi being the "defensive" type, and the likes of Appochi and Sakaki being offensive type, and having different aura's and such.

And UI is most definitely inspired by Ryuusei Sekeiken, the flowing water aura that makes Kenichi untouchable (when mastered).

So I'd bet dollars to donuts blue and red UI represent offenseive and defensive, and the promo art is mixed mode.

And if I'm right about Vegeta unlocking offensive UI, then the promo art is misleading us by having Goku on the cover. Vegetto = perfected UI.

It's why they worked in Potera, and it's why Vegeta needs to be at Goku's level, so he can unlock his half.
It's an interesting idea.
Goku=defensive UI.
Vegeta=offensive UI.
Vegito=mastered UI.

But I just don't see it happening. Vegeta is still the same fighter he was when he tried(and horribly failed) to attain UI against Katopesla a few minutes ago. And when he attained ASSB, Vegeta made it clear that he was no longer interested in UI -- he was going to do things his own way.

Tbh, I think giving him ASSB was just Toei's way of equalizing Vegeta and Goku again, before the former is eliminated and the show is cancelled. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 24th, 2018 at 05:40 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 05:36 PM