KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Wow SSJ1 Gotenks > SSJ3 Goku?

I guess I'm one of those that don't know much about DBZ. I only enjoy watching the anime and TFS Abridged is hilarious.

But if I remember correctly, SSJ1 Gotenks struggled with Buu (forget which form), but SSJ3 Goku said he could have destroyed Buu when he was fresh and not holding back. Wouldn't that make Goku stronger than SSJ1 Gotenks?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2015 02:38 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

SSJ1 Gotenks struggled with Super Buu. SSJ3 Goku stated that he could have beaten Fat and Kid Buu, but also stated that Super Buu was far stronger than himself(to the point where he didn't even want to try and fight Super Buu.)

IOW: Super Buu>>>>>SSJ3 Goku(full-power)>Kid Buu>Fat Buu.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 28th, 2015 at 02:55 PM

Old Post Jun 28th, 2015 02:45 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yep

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 04:10 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blockythe1guy

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/07/0...ls-series-plot/

It seems they taking a grand tour to other universes....Get it?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 04:16 PM
Blockythe1guy is currently offline Click here to Send Blockythe1guy a Private Message Find more posts by Blockythe1guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blockythe1guy

Also, The New Series is gonna to re-tell the two movies which it sounds stupid and confusing.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 06:37 PM
Blockythe1guy is currently offline Click here to Send Blockythe1guy a Private Message Find more posts by Blockythe1guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Man if we seriously get a universe buster I'll laugh my ass off.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 08:01 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blockythe1guy
Also, The New Series is gonna to re-tell the two movies which it sounds stupid and confusing.

Wait. What?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 09:14 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Wait. What?

"It was recently reveled in this week’s issue of Weekly Shōnen Jump that the series will begin six months after Majin Buu’s defeat, placing it in November of Age 774 in the series’ established timeline. From there the series is now set to catch up to the events of Battle of Gods and Revival of “F”, with each being a “retelling” of their respective events, before going on to an all-new inter-universe storyline."

I'd imagine that Toriyama will use said 'retellings' as a means to emphasize a few key concepts of the films--namely, the multiverse. It may also depict a few portions of the battle(s) reimagined. This certainly isn't a bad thing, imo.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 09:21 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blockythe1guy

But it might be bad for it's Continuity since it would be a big retcon and fans can be confused by this.

But least they going to a multiverse arc soon.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 10:42 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Retelling the happenings of the films doesn't mean anything is going to be retconned.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 11:05 PM
ares834

So [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Beerus just destroyed half a planet with a tap of his finger.

Last edited by ares834 on Jul 5th, 2015 at 04:22 AM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 04:09 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Link?

Actually found it myself.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: It wasn't a physical strike, you see the purple ki spread and the sound effects are similar to many energy attacks throughout the series.

Oh well, almost got me excited.

Last edited by NemeBro on Jul 5th, 2015 at 08:49 AM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 08:41 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

It's a ki amped strike. Just like most of their physical attacks.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 05:01 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's odd because in the 'official' manga adaption, Beerus destroyed the entire planet(not just half of it) with a ki blast(not a ki-amped strike, or w/e):
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Where Super! is concerned, I'm assuming the show's canonicity supersedes the manga's..? So the show's rendition of said events is what we're going with here, right..?

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 5th, 2015 at 05:23 PM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 05:13 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Not really seeing how that's impressive considering what DBZ already has but whatever.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 05:23 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Galan007
It's odd because in the 'official' manga adaption, Beerus destroyed the entire planet(not just half of it) with a ki blast(not a ki-amped strike, or w/e):

Where Super! is concerned, I'm assuming the show's canonicity supersedes the manga's..? So the show's rendition of said events is what we're going with here, right..?

Well both are telling Toriyama's writing without Toriyama doing the art(sadly). I chalk it up to stylistic differences for now until we get a big difference, like Vegeta blowing up planets passively in DBZ.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 06:06 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blockythe1guy
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/07/0...ls-series-plot/

It seems they taking a grand tour to other universes....Get it?

Hell Ya

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 06:12 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blockythe1guy

Originally posted by Galan007

The Manga was supposed to come after the show. But for some reason it came first before the show.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 06:23 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

For those interested in the feat: here are screen-caps from the show...

(please log in to view the image)

Beerus taps his finger on the table:

That was an energy attack, not an amped strike. Beerus simply used a finger-tap as a means to discharge said energy.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 06:44 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

It is an interesting showing though. Being able to release that much ki with a tap would still feel like planet busting strength, even if it technically isn't.

Beerus is a cool character.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 07:03 PM