KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 504 505 [506] 507 508 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bbrem123

At least the manga is staying true to power levels. Not every opponent is SSB level. Same goes for universe 7.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 01:41 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So the dude who voices Roshi in Japan had this to say about the final episode:

quote:
Highlights of the Final Episode

It's the final episode at last... Jiren sure is strong...! But I think the highlight will be seeing just how Jiren gets taken down.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 12:30 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I feel like the Spirit Bomb is the best suited move in this case what with the whole friendship stuff going on but I dunno if they have time for one.

Goku grabbing Jiren and IT to the stands could work lol.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 01:03 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Jiren is going to win. But Goku will get through to him. Jiren will then jump off the edge himself because his whole life was a lie.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 02:15 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The only logical way these 3 could stand ANY sort of chance against Jiren is if his fight with MUI Goku weakened him astronomically.

After all, the most powerful person for U7 right now is Golden Freeza, whose power(even at its peak) is 'only' SSB-level... A level so utterly insignificant to Jiren that it barely even registers on his radar. But obviously ALL of the U7 fighters are battered/broken/weakened(even #17, who is supposed to have 'infinite' energy/stamina.) So... /shrug

Dunno... I'm getting the feeling that the ending is going to piss a LOT of people off. Hope not, but it's hard to stay optimistic at this point, lol.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 22nd, 2018 at 02:42 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 02:37 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

I would actually like the idea of Goku just ITs him and Item to the stand. xD That would be the best thing. No instant power ups, no just surviving to the time limit just a simple teleport.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 03:10 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Beerus tosses android 17 and Frieza the potara earrings. Or #17 and Goku. Doesn't matter since the replnished energy reserves would enable him to use MUI without difficulty. Instant win either way. Why is that not a thing again?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 03:18 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

In b4 Frieza gets healing abilities out of nowhere and we get a flashback of him becoming a Kaioshin disciple in hell.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 03:31 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
The only logical way these 3 could stand ANY sort of chance against Jiren is if his fight with MUI Goku weakened him astronomically.

After all, the most powerful person for U7 right now is Golden Freeza, whose power(even at its peak) is 'only' SSB-level... A level so utterly insignificant to Jiren that it barely even registers on his radar. But obviously ALL of the U7 fighters are battered/broken/weakened(even #17, who is supposed to have 'infinite' energy/stamina.) So... /shrug

Dunno... I'm getting the feeling that the ending is going to piss a LOT of people off. Hope not, but it's hard to stay optimistic at this point, lol.

Don't we see Jiren access his "Full Power" in the 131 preview at the very end?

Yea they have a lot to do in this one episode...It will most likely end with some sort of cliffhanger ending.

Last edited by bbrem123 on Mar 22nd, 2018 at 03:52 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 03:48 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by bbrem123
Don't we see Jiren access his "Full Power" in the 131 preview at the very end?

Yea they have a lot to do in this one episode...It will most likely end with some sort of cliffhanger ending.
We see him with an aura in the ep.131 preview, yes:
(please log in to view the image)

...But that doesn't necessarily mean he's at 'full' power.

After all, Jiren had an identical aura when he powered up in ep.127:

And we now know he wasn't using anywhere near his 'full' power in the above instance -- he was still massively suppressed.

...That said, even at the above level Jiren should be capable of casually shit-stomping the U7 team. So for them to contend with Jiren at all, he's either a.) got to be reeeeally weak, or b.) something reeeeally stupid is going to happen... Imo.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 22nd, 2018 at 04:19 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 04:14 PM
bbrem123

So for them to contend with Jiren at all, he's either a.) got to be reeeeally weak, or b.) something reeeeally stupid is going to happen... Imo.

Please let it be the former lol

With how the anime is going though. It wont be...

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 04:26 PM
TheBadguy

Freeza wins and wishes everything back one thing that comes back from a old Zeno wipe is the sayain in the new movie

Bet your house on it

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 07:42 PM
TheBadguy is currently offline Click here to Send TheBadguy a Private Message Find more posts by TheBadguy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Hey, Carver. **** you.

(I just sat through work with a fat guy talking with the new drugged out guy about Dragon Ball Super and beastiality.

So you can understand my wanting to tell someone to F themselves, and Carv being a safe bet to deserve it now, or in the future.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 11:35 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

lol

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 01:48 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Even though Jiren looks like Baby(from GT) here, at least the last episode's animation is going to be on point:

thumb up

Oh, and apparently there's going to be some sort of 'past moments' video montage after the episode, instead the usual animation... This is presumably the "something special" that the animators were referencing, and why they want everyone to keep watching after it ends.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 12:15 PM
carver9

Originally posted by cdtm
Hey, Carver. **** you.

(I just sat through work with a fat guy talking with the new drugged out guy about Dragon Ball Super and beastiality.

So you can understand my wanting to tell someone to F themselves, and Carv being a safe bet to deserve it now, or in the future.)

It feels good knowing I have gotten to you.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 01:30 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Even though Jiren looks like Baby(from GT) here, at least the last episode's animation is going to be on point:

thumb up

Oh, and apparently there's going to be some sort of 'past moments' video montage after the episode, instead the usual animation... This is presumably the "something special" that the animators were referencing, and why they want everyone to keep watching after it ends.

Still can't believe it took nearly 3 years to get consistently decent animation out of this series. Considering how popular DBS is I would've figured Toei would at least try to treat it with care.

Yes this is also my way of saying that I'm still salty about the movie recap episodes.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 04:59 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 06:08 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

That’s because Toei made the brilliant decision to rush things. The animators have not lacked money or talent but time to do their jobs well. To put it in perspective some of the same people worked on the infamously bad episode 5 also worked on 130, which might be the best looking DB outside of movies.

Hopefully next time they won’t rush things and the new Goku design promises some smoother animation if they continue on with the series. But Toei is still Toei so who knows.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 06:12 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Estacado

it gets retconed lol since the movie takes place afterward

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 06:45 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote