KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 513 514 [515] 516 517 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kento
The last Hokage

I'm fine with the manga not dragging out forever, and With every chapter taking only a second of time.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2018 03:22 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, I'm fine with that too, but it's just the only way I can make sense of Hit getting eliminated so early at the moment.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2018 03:23 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Well, Goku is also already attacking Jiren. So they are either going through the tournament fast or makin things happen way soooner

Old Post Apr 21st, 2018 04:49 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Eliminating Hit like that, smh.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Apr 21st, 2018 07:57 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

The anime characters in DBS is FAR more powerful than the anime. We have no idea how powerful Jiren is in the manga and we will never know. Manga power levels suck.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 21st, 2018 11:07 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
The anime characters in DBS is FAR more powerful than the anime.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 12:05 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The anime characters in DBS is FAR more powerful than the anime. We have no idea how powerful Jiren is in the manga and we will never know. Manga power levels suck.
Dood, the ToP literally JUST started in the manga, and an immensely suppressed Jiren has already out-fought TWO MSSB-level beings that were simultaneously attacking him, without even really trying. He then easily eliminated one of them(ie. Hit) with a single punch when he got a little serious -- and that was after he beat Hit's temporal manip. to boot. Jiren is every bit as OP in the manga as he was in the anime -- this chapter made that abundantly clear.

On average, the manga is FAR more consistent than the anime where power-levels are concerned, and the story itself is also FAR more concise/enjoyable as a whole... But all carvster cares about are battleboard showings, so I don't expect that he will ever appreciate the manga until it's convenient for him, lol.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 22nd, 2018 at 12:58 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 12:56 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

*And also try to remember- the manga implies that MSSB = the anime's SSB + KK.

So yeah...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 12:58 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Yeah, and the universal feats from BOG also occurred in the manga as well. Manga characters are every bit as strong as in the anime.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 01:08 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Galan007
*And also try to remember- the manga implies that MSSB = the anime's SSB + KK.

So yeah...
That's what I've been assuming the whole time.

I also doubt we're getting 3 UIs and I'm curious if they do give Vegeta another powerup like his Blue2 form

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 01:57 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, and the universal feats from BOG also occurred in the manga as well. Manga characters are every bit as strong as in the anime.

He got what I was saying. I'm just talking about speed, durability and strength. The Manga does not have fts demonstrating these fields of power. In the Anime, it's clear how powerful these characters are from tanking black holes, punching hard enough to warp time to moving instantaneous and far beyond light speed. The Manga, we are lost on this...

Anyways, if anyone is curious, here is the fight vs Jiren in English from the Manga...

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 02:27 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I've been assuming it as well, but this chapter basically spelled it out for us:

In the anime Beerus/Whis said almost the exact same thing when SSB Goku /w/ KKx20 was maxed out in his first fight with Jiren:

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 22nd, 2018 at 02:40 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 02:37 AM
cdtm

He got what I was saying. I'm just talking about speed, durability and strength. The Manga does not have fts demonstrating these fields of power. In the Anime, it's clear how powerful these characters are from tanking black holes, punching hard enough to warp time to moving instantaneous and far beyond light speed. The Manga, we are lost on this...

Anyways, if anyone is curious, here is the fight vs Jiren in English from the Manga...

None of that happened.

They never tanked a black hole.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 03:05 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Those saiyans, and their need to win all by themselves, unless it's Spirit Bomb.

I wonder if we're going to get Berserk Kale in the manga though. 5 minutes have already passed, and Hit's already out. But at least Hit in the manga was like hey, he's going to be slow, we can stop him Goku. Instead of anime Hit who was like.. I'll stop him in place and just sit here while telling the three other people who could help me knock him out to leave.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 04:47 AM
Sj_Sharp

In the manga we have casual MFTL Beerus and Champa playing around oneshotting planets for fun with punches and kicks.

Anime's more flashy, but at the end of the day the level is the same.

Originally posted by cdtm
None of that happened.

They never tanked a black hole.

This is called selective memory suppression.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 11:03 AM
Sj_Sharp is currently offline Click here to Send Sj_Sharp a Private Message Find more posts by Sj_Sharp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Scans of anyone tanking a black hole.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 12:14 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I want to know more about the universes with a god level high enough to get a pass.

With someone like Jiren on the table, what makes them so special?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 01:32 PM
vansonbee
Isee

^ We don't know if its based on single power house like Jiren. Their universe probably just a better place to live in, overall.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 04:52 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

It's never clearly defined as to what makes a mortal level high. Is it the perfect balance of Creation and Destruction? Or something more?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 07:15 PM
cdtm

Still hard to believe it's finally over. It's kind of an odd thing... Like going out into the fresh air after holing up in an apartment for months with dung and piss filled bottles all over the room.

Now, what am I going to rant about?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 12:02 PM