KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 517 518 [519] 520 521 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewGuy01
perpetual

No, the manga is just somewhat less bad. And to be honest, so far that doesn't even apply to the ToP arc, which actually might be worse than the anime's version.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 06:32 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Playmaker
Mozart and the Whale

That doesn't really sound like a vote of confidence to start reading the manga.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 06:47 PM
Playmaker is currently offline Click here to Send Playmaker a Private Message Find more posts by Playmaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Playmaker
Is the Dragon Ball Super manga different than the anime or is it just the anime but in manga form??

Anything Dragonball related (hell, comics related), dont listen to CDTM. Please dont.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 20th, 2018 06:56 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

It's very condensed and easy to read, so you can breeze through a few arcs on Viz to see if its for you.

I personally enjoy it, but then I'm easily pleased. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 07:07 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Well, rephrased, if you liked the anime, the manga does almost everything better up until the ToP arc.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: As for the ToP, in the anime pointless fights were stretched out way too long, but in the manga even important fights are getting shafted, which is worse IMO.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 07:09 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by carver9
Anything Dragonball related (hell, comics related), dont listen to CDTM. Please dont.

This is the sites biggest db fanboy telling someone to not listen to someone promoting the manga.

He doesn't even know what he argues against. laughing out loud

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 07:10 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Well, rephrased, if you liked the anime, the manga does almost everything better up until the ToP arc.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: As for the ToP, in the anime pointless fights were stretched out way too long, but in the manga even important fights are getting shafted, which is worse IMO.

Like what fights?

I kind of like what Freeza pulled..

Old Post May 20th, 2018 07:12 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Essentially my abridged comparison of the anime and manga by arc is as follows:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
BoG recap - Anime suffered from terrible art/animation and some filler, and some power inconsistency, but was fair otherwise. Manga had decent art, but rushed past events because it assumes the reader already watched the movie.

RoF recap - Anime's was awful. Manga didn't even bother, skipped past it. There was a decent standalone RoF manga that came out with the movie, drawn by the same mangaka, but it's not canon to the manga.

Universe 6 Tournament - Anime did this part pretty well aside from some inconsistency and a couple asspulls, although the art was still mediocre. Manga was once again a little more consistent, but the Hit fight ended with a whimper to be honest.

Goku Black arc - Anime's art varied from good to mediocre, but with a good score. Plot wise, the anime had better set up for Zamasu's motivations and development, but the arc dragged on way too long with several needless trips between the past and future, very repetitive. Also, tons of asspulls. The manga's art was actually pretty fantastic for this arc, everything wrapped up nicely, and the fights were much more creative. Less asspulls, but still too many, honestly.

Dumb filler arcs - Anime had them, Manga didn't.

ToP - Already covered earlier.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 07:24 PM
Playmaker
Mozart and the Whale

Originally posted by cdtm
It's very condensed and easy to read, so you can breeze through a few arcs on Viz to see if its for you.

I personally enjoy it, but then I'm easily pleased. smile

Alright, I'll give it a read. Thanks for the feedback.

Originally posted by NewGuy01

I thought the anime was okay. Namely it has some animation issues that took me out of my suspension of disbelief. And I felt some moments of the Tournament of Power lasted longer then they needed to. I'll give it a look see.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 10:01 PM
Playmaker is currently offline Click here to Send Playmaker a Private Message Find more posts by Playmaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Well at least no of the DBS fans are subject to the apathy of animation that One Piece fans go through.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 01:56 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

The manga is changing up so much in the ToP.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 02:16 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

The Manga is the Goku/Vegeta show. I don't like how it shortens fights or skips many altogether.

The Black arc of the Manga is just as good/bad as the anime too. It matches the dumb ideas of the anime and might even exceed them. It just skips the traveling back and forth.
The ToP arc of the Manga is shit so far. A tournament style battle royale doesn't lend itself to that type of format though.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 05:36 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

With the ToP it really does seem like a case of pick your poison between the two mediums, and as much as I feel 17 overstayed his welcome in the anime, I'll still take having fanservice of most characters (some more than others in the case of Universe 7) over just a Goku/Vegeta wankfest...

Old Post May 21st, 2018 06:20 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

Black was far better in anime, therefor Black Arc was far superior in anime than manga 😁

Old Post May 21st, 2018 06:28 PM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

This made me lol:

(please log in to view the image)

As for the manga's current pace: I'm hoping it's just getting through all the filler battles ASAP in order to leave ample room for the main battles. I am surprised how much different its rendition of the ToP is from the anime, though...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 21st, 2018 06:41 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Pretty good, but the anime's version was even better IMO.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 06:54 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Playmaker
Mozart and the Whale

Originally posted by Galan007
This made me lol:

(please log in to view the image)

As for the manga's current pace: I'm hoping it's just getting through all the filler battles ASAP in order to leave ample room for the main battles. I am surprised how much different its rendition of the ToP is from the anime, though...

Oh no. He just called Vegeta second best. Ya shouldn't have done that laughing

Old Post May 21st, 2018 07:12 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

I'm still salty hit was eliminated this early.

And I'm perpetually salty about Tien.

That said, this chaptwr was fine.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 05:06 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 23rd, 2018 at 12:48 AM

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 12:45 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

no

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 03:16 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote