KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 521 522 [523] 524 525 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Inedian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Berserk Kale sent Blue running into a panic, and tanked a Kamehameha.

Controlled Kale struggled with Red.

And exhausted SSB Goku was too much for base Kefla.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 12:42 PM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

While a fresh Blue was no match for Berserk Kale.

That just proves Kale > Kefla.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 12:43 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

Goku was just playing with Berserk Kale and wasn't even close serious. Did it seem for you that Goku vs. BKale was the same as Goku against Jiren in episode 109? Nope.

In anime, SSB Goku > BKale, no doubt.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 12:46 PM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Goku looked in a panic to me.

And Jiren acted. Kale was powerful enough to make him do something.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 01:18 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Can't be the only one imagining Galan wearing a kimono when he posts.
Well NOW I am....

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 03:49 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Playmaker
Mozart and the Whale

It was stated that Goku was using slightly more power than a Super Saiyan 2 when he fought Kale in his SSB form.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 04:00 PM
Playmaker is currently offline Click here to Send Playmaker a Private Message Find more posts by Playmaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Can't be the only one imagining Galan wearing a kimono when he posts.

I always assumed that people post in KMC while naked.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 07:16 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Chapter 37:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

So LSSJ Kale, at her weakest level, casually ragdolled the living shit out of Golden Freeza... Then SSB Goku entered the fray and seemed to contend with her w/o much of an issue(before she powered up more, of course.) This seems to imply that in the manga, SSB Goku > Golden Freeza.

Additionally, I was somewhat surprised that 4th form Freeza felt the need to use his Golden transformation against SSJ Caulifla in the first place. Even his 4th form should have been FAR beyond her, given that he was already approaching God-tier power in that state... But I digress. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 21st, 2018 at 11:38 PM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 11:27 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Well, the manga power levels do differ a lot, and ssj Caulifla was going toe to toe with his 4th form. So Golden form allowed him the power to toy with her.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 02:39 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
Originally posted by Galan007
Even his 4th form should have been FAR beyond her, given that he was already approaching God-tier power in that state...

Based on...?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 04:29 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The RoF film, and Goku's stated base-level power in that moment(which was not directly contradicted in the anime's rendition either.)

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 11:38 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Kento
Well NOW I am....

Not in front of Gatebox ChichiI!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 12:57 PM
bbrem123

To be honest Frieza did not seem concerned with Kale. He was not even taking her seriously. (Prior to powering up that is.)

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 03:21 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Galan007
The RoF film, and Goku's stated base-level power in that moment(which was not directly contradicted in the anime's rendition either.)

Movie canon =/= Anime canon =/= Manga canon

Frieza's revival arc wasn't covered in the DBS manga. This is the very first time we've seen him fight.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 04:29 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Beautiful ownage. Galan just wet his kimono thumb up

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 04:38 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Playmaker
Mozart and the Whale

Originally posted by NewGuy01

Frieza's revival arc wasn't covered in the DBS manga. This is the very first time we've seen him fight.

That just makes it more disappointing

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 05:10 PM
Playmaker is currently offline Click here to Send Playmaker a Private Message Find more posts by Playmaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by NewGuy01

They are canon with one another when no contradiction occurs. There is no direct contradiction here, atm.

The events of RoF were still mentioned in the primary DBS manga(a few times), so we know it was still intended to have happened in manga continuity as per the film... There's also the 3 part RoF manga that was released concurrently with the film. Even though it was still written by Toyotaro, overseen by Toriyama, and published under the SAME brand as all other DBS manga, I know you still believe it doesn't 'count'... So I won't get into that again, because it is ultimately a huge waste of time.

Either way, RoF still happened in the manga.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 22nd, 2018 at 05:42 PM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 05:31 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by bbrem123
To be honest Frieza did not seem concerned with Kale. He was not even taking her seriously. (Prior to powering up that is.)

That's right. Freeza said he just needed to take her seriously.

His kick did knock the blue out of Goku.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 05:57 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

His kick did knock the blue out of Goku.
I'm thinking that's because Goku was distracted by Kale at the time. Freeza totally blindsided him.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 06:04 PM
cdtm

Sure, but the way Dragon Ball mechanics work, is you're either depowered via distraction, or able to overpower an opponent. If you're more powerful and powered up, then even if your back is turned, you won't be hurt much. Say, by Vegeta attacking Freeza's back with a big attack.

Goku was amped and ready to take Kale, so I'm assuming his defenses were at max strength.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 06:15 PM