KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 525 526 [527] 528 529 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One Big Mob
Dead

Pics are out. He looks interesting. Still don't like the purple pants.

I doubt there's a normal SS form though

Old Post Jul 16th, 2018 03:16 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I miss the jewelry. Normal saiyan armor is just kinda bland in comparison.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2018 04:08 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Disagree. I like this saiyan armor better, but to each their own.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2018 08:17 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
thumb up

(please log in to view the image)

Some Broly fans aren't the brightest bunch I guess. 90's Broly will never be canon.

Besides, if that were the case, then Bio Broly would also be canon.

thumb up

And we'll need to wait for the re-telling, anyway.

As movies never seem to be canon to the mainstream DB continuity.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2018 07:15 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

I like the new take on Broly at least now he looks like a warrior not just a skinny chump in his base form.

Bankai.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2018 07:38 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I don't. He looks too much like the already existing characters.

But let's wait for the final product.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2018 08:06 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

So back to DBS (the manga portion at least)... This was an interesting bonus chapter.

Translation-
17: "Oh, I forgot to tell Goten and Trunks about the fake Cell Juniors. There are 7 of them on the island, but I tamed them so they won't attack rangers."
* The ending narration says they might have regenerated from the nuclei of the Cell Juniors that Gohan beat.

https://i.imgur.com/vOGuZ8X.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kx0Apge.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/U2pzqiZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/b8pKNR8.jpg

Would explain who 17 was training with all those years to get that much stronger, to a point at least. no expression

Let me foreshadow in peace!

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jul 17th, 2018 at 12:14 AM

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 12:02 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
There are 7 of them on the island, but I tamed them so they won't attack rangers."

GOOD GOD

Just kill me already laughing

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 12:06 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Even more than that writing, I can only imagine how strenuous it was for poor Toyotaro to have to draw all those awful spots, because anything Cell is such an artistic nightmare!

edit: Okay, real talk... So I guess now we live in a world where 17's the foster father of Cell Junior clones and is setting them straight, so we essentially have good Cell's now? This for real?!

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jul 17th, 2018 at 12:17 AM

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 12:13 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Ignoring the stupidity...

But if 17 was training with the Cell Jrs, wouldn't they also get stronger? Which means it's very possible that all 7 are more powerful than Cell?

Frieza, Ginyu, Vegeta, Most likely Piccolo, 17, Cell Jrs, Broly, Dabura if we go by the alt one. Cooler if you count movies.

The only tough bad guys in the series that aren't more powerful than Cell are Mercenary Tao, King Piccolo, Tien, Raditz, Nappa, the rest of the Ginyu Force and Frieza's army, Babadi and crew, and probably Android 18.

Neat.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 12:38 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Ignoring the anti-Cell activism, would be something if the Cell juniors could eventually "grow" into adult Cell's. I wouldn't even complain about OG Cell not officially returning anymore yes... to a point.

*I know androids don't age, but Cell had a growth/evolution cycle, so ya never know. The Cell kids will probably stay as they are though because think of the children! Goten and Trunks need new playmates their size to spar with, etc.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jul 17th, 2018 at 01:03 AM

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 12:56 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Anti Cell people and posting is probably the only thing keeping Dragonball afloat. Had the second movie been Revival of C, we would have never gotten an anime series and Toei would have went bankrupt.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 01:16 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

And Cell would have been deemed a hero for it if it meant we never sat through all the awfully animated episodes of early Super, etc.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 02:06 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 02:16 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

xD I wonder how strong those Cell Jr's are.

Also, who just hides Cell Jr's on an island... Like seems a terrible idea to keep them around. lol

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 04:08 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Lot of haters in here. eek!

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 04:19 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

"A lot of" or "lots of".

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 12:43 PM
Estacado
Legendary

When the manga is dumber then the anime....

Bankai.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 05:43 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

>implying this is even remotely as dumb as SSB goo men VS Vegeta in a baby outfit

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 07:03 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Not gonna lie... Even though it's random as f*ck, I don't at all dislike the notion that #17 has been training with Cell Jr's. I mean, even at their base/standard levels each one would be nearly on par with FPSSJ Goku/Gohan(IOW, FAAAAR more powerful than #17 was during the Cell saga.) Then tack on the fact that the Jr's *should* theoretically undergo the same sort of gains as Freeza + Goku/Vegeta from training, and it makes sense how #17 got so goddamn powerful over the years.

Now, how none of the Z Fighters sensed their powers until now is another matter entirely...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 18th, 2018 at 12:49 PM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 12:41 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote