KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 530 531 [532] 533 534 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I’m gonna be honest, I didn’t find this chapter THAT atrocious, especially compared to some of the other ones. Goku seemingly going Kaioken MSSJB is dope.

I like the idea that Roshi can finally come closer to Goku & Co in technique.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 02:09 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Gohan MVP.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 08:38 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
I’m gonna be honest, I didn’t find this chapter THAT atrocious, especially compared to some of the other ones. Goku seemingly going Kaioken MSSJB is dope.

Apparently it's not KaioKen proper, but Goku using something about SSB to produce results similar to KaioKen. Meaning Vegeta might be able to pull this off, too.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 01:42 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm gonna be honest, I didn't find this chapter THAT atrocious, especially compared to some of the other ones. Goku seemingly going Kaioken MSSJB is dope.
Same.

Random as it is, I do not at all mind Gohan stalemating Kefla. Becoming randomly OP was ALWAYS his gimmick until DBS took a steaming shit on his character, so I'm glad to see Toriyama finally give him some [albeit asinine] respect.

Roshi's faux-UI asspull doesn't sit too terribly well with me, but again, it seemed like more of an homage to Roshi as a teacher/master, so again, I don't have a huge problem with it in the scheme of things. Toriyama made it clear that DBS-era Roshi is a different animal entirely than the pervy comedic relief he always was in Z... Evidently he could have operated in such a capacity at any time if he chose to. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 19th, 2018 at 02:51 PM

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 02:48 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Roshi can now solo all of Z and Super (pre ToP arc anyway) simultaneously. Easily at that. This is now canon. laughing out loud

I've been saying UI would vault the weakest human up there all along. Everyone laughed. thumb up

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 03:30 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Apparently it's not KaioKen proper, but Goku using something about SSB to produce results similar to KaioKen. Meaning Vegeta might be able to pull this off, too.
Goku himself never refers to it as KaioKen, but his peanut gallery in the bleachers do make that comparison. Jiren compares it to Kale's bulky/LSSJ transformation, saying both make the mistake of raising power without regard to the toll on the body.

The whole point of the scene is that Goku tries to break through his limits by forcibly raising his power(which doesn't work.) Roshi then comments that it's not all about raw power, and demonstrates by dodging a few of Jiren's attacks before losing. This gives Goku the hint he needs to briefly access UI.

Originally posted by cdtm
I've been saying UI would vault the weakest human up there all along. Everyone laughed. thumb up
You guys are going WAY overboard here, lol. While Beerus and Whis do compare Roshi's movements to UI, they also note that there is still a BIG gap between that and the real thing.

Granted Roshi dodged a few strikes from Jiren(who is very obviously holding back IMMENSELY as to not kill the guy by accident), but once Jiren realized what was going on, he effortlessly dodged Roshi's attack and took him out with a casual chop:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

So yeah... That's why I'm not as upset by this as some seem to be. /shrug

Oh, and U6 is erased in this chapter if you guys didn't already know. Its erasure feels pretty hollow, though.

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 19th, 2018 at 07:28 PM

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 07:25 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Logically, Jiren wouldn't need to dodge Roshi's attacks in order NOT to kill him by accident.

(please log in to view the image)

I will say this. I was bored out of my mind for most the anime ToP, but some of these manga changes are funny as hell. laughing out loud

Last edited by Dark-Kenshin on Aug 19th, 2018 at 08:45 PM

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 08:33 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Logically, Jiren wouldn't need to dodge Roshi's attacks in order NOT to kill him by accident.

(please log in to view the image)

I will say this. I was bored out of my mind for most the anime ToP, but some of these manga changes are funny as hell. laughing out loud

thumb up and thumb up smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 09:47 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Not entirely sure what you're saying here, but obviously Jiren was holding back immensely against Roshi as to not inadvertently kill him. Roshi was able to dodge a few of Jiren's vastly suppressed physical attacks by randomly approximating a faux version of UI. Once Jiren saw through this gimmick, however, he swatted Roshi away casually.

Not saying it still isn't a laughably absurd outlier showing for Roshi, but it's hardly the "Z0MG!!11!!! Roshi can now beat anyone this side of teh Jirenz!!!111!!!!11!!!" feat that some are making it out to be.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 10:14 PM
DeadpoolXXX

i havent read the issue yet -just seen the few pages posted here- but why do you think Jiren was holding back against muten Roshi? was that stated in the book?

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 11:08 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It doesn't have to be explicitly stated for us to know it is absolutely true.

a.) Killing is strictly forbidden in the ToP -- violation of this rule makes your universe subject to instant erasure.
b.) Jiren can sense ki, thus obviously knows where Roshi's power stands in comparison to his own.

IOW, Jiren would've only been attacking Roshi with blows that he was sure wouldn't kill him... Which means that he was holding back immensely(to say the least.)

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 11:29 PM
carver9

His posture even appears as him holding back.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 11:41 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

When was it said Jiren can sense ki?

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 11:49 PM
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Originally posted by Galan007
Not entirely sure what you're saying here, but obviously Jiren was holding back immensely against Roshi as to not inadvertently kill him. Roshi was able to dodge a few of Jiren's vastly suppressed physical attacks by randomly approximating a faux version of UI. Once Jiren saw through this gimmick, however, he swatted Roshi away casually.

Not saying it still isn't a laughably absurd outlier showing for Roshi, but it's hardly the "Z0MG!!11!!! Roshi can now beat anyone this side of teh Jirenz!!!111!!!!11!!!" feat that some are making it out to be.
All I'm saying is that even if the added context made "Z0MG!!11!!! Roshi can now beat anyone this side of teh Jirenz!!!111!!!!11!!!", premature, holding back doesn't make sense of Jiren taking the time to dodge Roshi's attacks, much less spend the effort to engage in a brief scuffle. It's a laughably absurd outlier alright (or maybe standard now since both anime and manga amped Roshi considerably and Toriyama apparently approves Toyotaro's work directly) and hardly a necessary means of having Roshi convey to Goku how to access U.I. The only point having Roshi engage Jiren serves is to throw the dude a bone before disposing of him for the remainder of the arc. And quite a big bone at that!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 12:23 AM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by carver9
His posture even appears as him holding back.

You and Galan are in denial. There is no reason to believe Jiren held back any more then he did against Goku. It was never said Jiren can sense ki, most can't so it's not a given.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 04:59 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Is Gohan confirmed to be the most powerful unfused Saiyan in the series now? shifty

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 08:11 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

So its official Evolution=KK.

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 01:37 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Bentley
Is Gohan confirmed to be the most powerful unfused Saiyan in the series now? shifty

i c wut u did dere

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 01:47 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

In the manga chapter, when Goku goes Omen, Beerus states that he “can’t believe Goku beat him to acquiring Ultra Instinct.” However, Beerus thought it was the real deal, but Whis ultimately notes that it’s just an omen of Ultra Instinct. So once Goku unlocks the true Ultra Instinct, which we sometimes call MUI, it’s confirmed in the manga that Goku will be above Beerus.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 03:16 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Okay, now it's sunk in for me and am fine that it happened.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 04:06 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote