KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 540 541 [542] 543 544 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

Why does it have to be a special gun of any kind? Goku got dropped by a random laser from Koala-henchman in RoF. Unprepared saiyans have established sh_t durability against laser weapons obviously.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 4th, 2018 06:47 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Goku was pretty f*cking battle-ready...

Old Post Dec 6th, 2018 03:06 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Do I have a history of trolling? Sure.
The other people with a history of trolling are smart enough to do it in forums where Galan has no power. thumb up

Old Post Dec 6th, 2018 03:42 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Goku was pretty f*cking battle-ready...
Goku wasn't prepared for that specific 'attack' from Merus, though:
https://i.imgur.com/On7ndSF.jpg

And neither was Vegeta:
https://i.imgur.com/p01IPzC.jpg

Given that #17 was also able to injure Jiren with a 'from behind' attack while he was unprepared, I'm not overly bothered by the scene at all. It is well-established at this point that bullshit attacks can injure or kill uber powerful beings if they aren't prepared for them. Obviously Merus is ridiculously fast(which Goku and Vegeta were not anticipating), and his stun gun packs enough of a punch to drop unprepared base Saiyans. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 6th, 2018 at 09:06 PM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2018 08:54 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

"I wuzzn't ready!"

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 6th, 2018 09:25 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Memes don't change or take away from already established facts. Even Z had those moments.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2018 11:36 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Memes don't change or take away from already established facts. Even Z had those moments.

Vegeta knocking an unprepared Goku out from behind while he was reaching for a bean.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 12:22 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

1) It's not a meme.

2) Krillin throwing his might rock finally becomes usable, yes? shifty

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 01:40 AM
cdtm

In manga, Android #17's wish impressed the head angel so much, Universe 7 earned a promotion.

Third from the bottom.

eek!

How do those rankings work, anyways? Jiren was clearly the most powerful, and Vegeta/Freeza seemed above anyone else. Heck, the humans were competing on an even level with a good amount of the participants. In an all out war, if Goku could fix the MUI stamina issues and access it at will, they'd be pretty much untouchable.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2018 03:35 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Cause it's obviously not power based, when 17's wish raised their rank and not the power that Vegeta, and Goku showed.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2018 06:11 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Kento
Cause it's obviously not power based, when 17's wish raised their rank and not the power that Vegeta, and Goku showed.

That's assuming he meant the power ranking. They definitely referred to God power level in the past. If good deeds could rank you up, then the terms used prior are a bit misleading.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2018 06:13 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

I never assumed Mortal Rankings were based on power anyway, none of the other universes have people anywhere near the power of Goku or Vegeta, much less Jiren. Even the 4 exempt universes don't seem to have people with comparable powers, with how surprised everyone was at Jiren and Goku. It seems more quality of the people than power.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 05:51 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Afaik, it has never been stated that a universe's mortal level has anything to do with the power levels of those who reside in it.

More likely, it has to do with the relative peaceful/balanced advancement of civilizations within each universe. Beerus and Shin heavily imply this when they start bickering over who is at fault upon hearing of U7's poor ranking:
https://i.imgur.com/cni9PD3.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qJPHq9d.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/q5y9Vtu.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NHwUMOk.jpg

So at the very least we can infer that the responsibility of maintaining an adequate mortal level rests primarily on the backs of the universes' Kaioshin and Hakaishin respectively. Though evidently the mortals themselves are capable of "developing their planet's level on their own", which almost makes it sound like there is a cultural aspect to it as well.

Extra clarification comes when you look at the two lowest-ranked universes: U9 is overseen by a scummy shitbag of a Kaioshin, and an indecisive asshat of a Hakaishin. U7 has been overseen by an inexperienced Kaioshin for thousands of years, and a Hakaishin who is capricious at best -- what with sleeping for decades at a time, and whimsically destroying things based solely on his current temperament with no real rhyme or reason.

Where U7 is concerned, I'm sure Boo's eons-long rampage of unchecked destruction, his slaying of 4 Kaioshin, and Freeza's unchecked subjugation of untold numbers of worlds also played a HUGE part in lowering the level.

I think Daishinkan upping U7's level a notch was essentially just a 'bonus prize' for winning the ToP and making a virtuous wish... Don't think there is any deeper meaning behind it. /shrug

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 12:39 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Leaked pages from the new manga arc:
https://i.imgur.com/tUpYftm.png
https://i.imgur.com/fskjBVF.png
https://i.imgur.com/nExwGi6.png
https://i.imgur.com/tmBdplP.png

-The Dai Kaioshin gave up the majority of his power in exchange for sealing Moro's(the new goat-esque antagonist) magic powers. He then entrusts him to the Galactic Patrol.

-Even without his magic, Moro's battle power is formidable.

-The Galactic Patrol intended to give him the death penalty, but none of them could carry it out, so they locked him away with a life sentence instead.

-Moro has been alive and incarcerated for more than 10,000,000 years.

-Merus suspects that Moro's magic power has returned, so they want to get the Dai Kaioshin out of Boo to help seal it again.

-In the past, we see the South Kaioshin in awe of Moro eating the "life energy" of a planet. As in, literally the energy of living beings.

-Goku has been "noticed" by Moro while trying to lock onto his ki.

-Dai Kaioshin's lost power is specifically referred to as "Divine/Godly Power".

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 19th, 2018 at 06:20 PM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 06:12 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

So, is it possible that Daikaioshin used to be God-tier, and may become god-tier again?

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 06:43 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I wouldn't at all be surprised.

After all, the title of "Dai" Kaioshin seems to be wholly unique across the multiverse. Hopefully the reason for his advanced status is mentioned in this arc.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 02:23 AM
vansonbee
Isee

Just curious on how Beerus/Whis in all this, have they met Dai Kaioshin before or never notice how fat buu resemble the guy?

Make sense how south kai was stronger than Dai, when they fought buu.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 05:34 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Beerus said that he's been alive for "hundreds of millions of years" in the anime, which means Whis has been around for at least as long. So they should have definitely come across DaiKaioshin at some point -- especially when all this stuff with DaiKaioshin and Moro 'only' took place 10 million years ago... Unless Beerus conveniently happened to be sleeping the entire time DaiKaioshin was running around, which would be stupid AF.

As mentioned, I just hope this arc answers a few questions about the DB cosmological hierarchy. Namely, why in the f*ck U7 had FOUR different Kaioshin at one point AND a DaiKaioshin.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 01:29 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Here are more spoilers for the upcoming chapter:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
-The chapter begins with a flashback millions of years ago, during which the Great Kaioshin and the South Kaioshin avoid a shower of attacks.
-The being who attacks them is "the galactic prisoner" (aka Moro).
-After launching a shower of meteorites, Moro absorbs the energy of living beings from a nearby planet, condenses it into a sphere and eats it. This causes great energy in the form of rays that emanate from his body and attacks the Kaioshin again.
-The galactic patrol watches this battle from a distance because it can not do anything.
-Moro approaches the Kaioshin to kill them but the Great Kaioshin makes a final attack and finally manages to defeat him. The galactic patrol stops him and jails him.
-In the present, we see that it is Merus who tells this story to Goku and Vegeta, also explaining what Buu did to the Great Kaioshin and South Kaioshin.
-In the end, Goku and Vegeta talk to the galactic king and become members of the galactic patrol (they draw the patrol symbol on their clothes).
-Then Jaco, Merus, Goku and Vegeta go on a mission. They must arrest 3 bandits who stole a train.
-Goku and Vegeta do not intervene, they observe what Merus is capable of, who in the end managed to catch the bandits.
-At the end of the chapter, Goku tries to locate Moro's ki. However, Moro notices the presence of Goku, who is terrified while gauging his power.

...This new goat character sounds ludicrously powerful.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 20th, 2018 at 01:39 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 01:35 PM
Bentley
Seitei

HOLY PHUCKING SH_T!!!!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Did Goku actually get a job!!?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 01:56 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote