KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 555 556 [557] 558 559 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So evidently the new manga chapter alludes to the idea that Oob inherited god ki from the evil half of Boo.

...Which explains how his power/potential would still be relevant in DBS.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 19th, 2019 08:05 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Even that feels like an asspull, but stranger things have happened I suppose.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2019 09:26 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

It's probably going to be something like immortality. Maybe they will win by using their collective god power to seal him, guess we will find out soon enough how Goku saves the day, since they've decided to not let Buu do it.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2019 05:50 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I hope it's not immortality, because Zamasu just did that a few arcs ago... But with how Moro teased his third wish in this chapter, it does seem likely.

I'm still more surprised by the revelation that Pure Boo had godly ki:

(please log in to view the image)
https://i.imgur.com/JHZJgO9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ocAmHUg.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/J4UL9cm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/66KoOQJ.jpg

Because now that we know Pure Boo possessed godly ki, it means Oob likely does as well. It's certainly a major asspull, but if they aren't going to retcon the original EoZ chapters, then they sort of *had* to do something like this for us to believe that DBS-era Goku, who has fought immensely powerful beings like Beerus, Jiren and Broly(among many others), would still be excited at the prospect of fighting/training the reincarnation of Pure Boo.

But if Oob possesses godly ki, it makes sense... Ridiculous potential there(especially under Goku's tutelage.)

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 20th, 2019 at 07:01 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2019 06:53 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Unless, they have to sacrifice their god ki to seal Moro. But EoZ and Goku wanting Uub trained to have someone worthy to spar with makes no sense with Super, and the fact that Vegeta is his equal in every way right now.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2019 07:57 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, I had thought about them having to give up their god ki to beat Moro. I could only see that happening if the series was coming to an absolute end, but it's evidently not so I dunno... /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 20th, 2019 at 08:16 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2019 08:14 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

If this was the finale arc before EoZ happens, and it picks up after I could see it happening also, but I doubt that also.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2019 02:28 AM
Inedian

Pure Boo or Uub, it doesn't matter, the same person, should always have divine ki and should be far above Goku and Vegeta, maybe currently not battle power because of inactivity, but potential and vibration far above Jiren and Broly. He is an ancient divine being, they shouldn't stand a chance, only battle power, because he hasn't even close manifested on the surface.

As far as ki and consciousness, he should be up there with Beerus.

Last edited by Inedian on Jun 21st, 2019 at 11:08 AM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2019 10:55 AM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The top comment: "Sounds like Funimation got their Janitor to sing Ultimate Battle."
laughing out loud

Don't know how they messed up the song like that. The voices and everything have still been good up to this point though.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 09:34 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

So there are multiple rumors about the next movie...

One is Cooler and Frieza others are Cell or Janemba.

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2019 09:10 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Cooler would be fun, but I feel like he's basically just Freeza v2.0... Especially now that they've introduced Frost as well.

Cell would be fun just because of the massive potential he'd have -- he could reach Golden SSBE+KKx20 in a few weeks, ffs. But again, it just seems like a rehash of Freeza.

Janemba would be absolutely badass. LOTS of ways to depict him coming to power, and he's definitely more of an original/esoteric villain. If they're going to recycle another villain from the previous movies, I hope it's him.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2019 05:19 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I'd like the movie to be about the origin of Buu, his imprisonment by Bibidi, and their battle against the Kaioshin, seeing how Buu's origin was retconned a while back.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2019 05:37 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I definitely want Boo's origin story to be fleshed out *somewhere*. thumb up

Like you said, we now know that Boo wasn't created by Bibidi, but has actually existed since time immemorial(which subsequently makes him the oldest being in the universe.) We also know that Boo originally was a sort of random/elemental force of destruction(followed by periods of hibernation) before Bibidi somehow managed to capture him... And now we know he possessed god ki as well, lol.

All signs point to him being U7's first God of Destruction, but yeah, it'd be awesome to get the full backstory... Maybe they could also explain why U7 had FIVE Kaioshin at one point.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 2nd, 2019 at 05:58 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2019 05:49 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Cooler would be fun, but I feel like he's basically just Freeza v2.0... Especially now that they've introduced Frost as well.

Cell would be fun just because of the massive potential he'd have -- he could reach Golden SSBE+KKx20 in a few weeks, ffs. But again, it just seems like a rehash of Freeza.

Janemba would be absolutely badass. LOTS of ways to depict him coming to power, and he's definitely more of an original/esoteric villain. If they're going to recycle another villain from the previous movies, I hope it's him.

To be fair, Janemba can be seen as another Buu, a powerful magic being who was released from captivity. As much as I like Janemba too, he kinda has a more generic/less original design (in either form), though had some cool unique abilities to make up for it. Not really picky, will take whatever they have in mind for a next movie.

Heard something about the Tree of Might, but is that a rumor or just something that some like Geekdom were theorizing about? Wasnt really clear on it, but the thought of the Tree of Might happening now is crazy to think about in the current power level ballpark of the saiyans. lol

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2019 12:15 AM
cdtm

So I wonder what Moro's third wish was?

Not a single hint of it. Saying "you can't kill me" could mean anything at all.

...the dragon must get so bored with these samey wish's.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2019 10:38 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

I mean, in canon, nobody has ever wished for immortality. And definitely not from Porunga. So, he's totally not gonna get tired of it.

Though I wonder at what point did Vegeta decide to forget about being immortal, now that he had complete and easy access to the dragon balls, plus a space ship to hide what he was doing

Old Post Jul 5th, 2019 06:26 AM
BruhMan
World Champion

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
I definitely want Boo's origin story to be fleshed out *somewhere*. thumb up

Like you said, we now know that Boo wasn't created by Bibidi, but has actually existed since time immemorial(which subsequently makes him the oldest being in the universe.) We also know that Boo originally was a sort of random/elemental force of destruction(followed by periods of hibernation) before Bibidi somehow managed to capture him... And now we know he possessed god ki as well, lol.

All signs point to him being U7's first God of Destruction, but yeah, it'd be awesome to get the full backstory... Maybe they could also explain why U7 had FIVE Kaioshin at one point.

That would be...insane if he was a GoD all along.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2019 07:03 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Cell should be used because of how amazing his arrogance is. Plus cell interacting with frieza would be great

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Jul 12th, 2019 03:02 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

FighterZ satisfied having those characters interact with each other. I don't need or want to see Cell revived at all. At least Frieza held some attachment to the main characters for a long time, as well as had an army behind him.

Cell had no allies, no formed relationships, and his big enemy is Gohan. Let's bring him back.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2019 07:47 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Who actually remembers Frieza for his army, compared to his arrogance? At least Cell would be another motivator for Gohan to still fight again.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2019 08:07 PM