KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 572 573 [574] 575 576 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Anyone else think it's odd that the namekian dragon balls apparently stopped the namekians from decaying?
Yeah, that was another stupid asspull.

So does that mean the presence of DBs makes the Namekians effectively immortal/ageless?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2020 02:58 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

To be fair, guru is the only namekian to have actually died of old age

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2020 03:47 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Is DBZ Kai canon to super? I keep hearing this but I am doubtful

Old Post Jul 11th, 2020 10:12 AM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

DBS has used various references and footage from Kai(like Whis showing Beerus the first time Goku went Super Saiyan against Freeza, and Gregory appearing at all.) So there are definitely some elements from Kai that were adapted in DBS.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2020 11:31 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

So Vegeta gets demolished again....good ol DB...

Bankai.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2020 05:48 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Everyone using UI Goku in Fighter Z.

Seems like a good character, but he's no Bardock, that guys just broken.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2020 01:58 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like that part where Piccolo says Vegeta is fighting to protect a planet, and is trying to atone for all the murders. I'm with Goku when he asks "He is?"

Literally nothing in his behavior suggests that. Looks more like he's just showing off and gloating at beating Goku for a change.

As soon as Piccolo talks about the stuff he did under Freeza, and the murdered Nameks, I can see him yellling off panel "I don't regret any of that!" in an Abridged moment.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2020 02:55 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

A spoiler for the next chapter says: "Someone finally arrives to fight Moro."

So I'm guessing either Beerus or Merus?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2020 04:20 PM
vansonbee
Isee

No, Merus is not fighting Moro. I think Beerus going to have some feats for a change.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 08:20 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm honestly thinking that Merus will enter the fray again to try and 'stall' for a bit(like he was doing as a member of the Galactic Patrol), but then he'll realize how powerful Moro is and go into full 'Angel mode'. However, this will also be a death sentence for Merus whether he's more powerful than Moro or not, because Daishinkan would have to destroy him in that case.

Still think it should absolutely be Beerus, though. Moro is quite literally *the* type of threat that Beerus should be handling while he's awake.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 19th, 2020 at 12:33 PM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 12:25 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: It's Merus.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 12:39 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah just saw that. Sounds like [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Merus will stall Moro long enough for Dende to heal everyone?

But yeah, if Merus intervenes I'll be surprised if it doesn't end with his death, Goku activating MUI, and Vegeta socking the fusion out of Moro... Even though I'm still holding out hope that Beerus will do *something* here.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 02:13 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007
I'm honestly thinking that Merus will enter the fray again to try and 'stall' for a bit(like he was doing as a member of the Galactic Patrol), but then he'll realize how powerful Moro is and go into full 'Angel mode'. However, this will also be a death sentence for Merus whether he's more powerful than Moro or not, because Daishinkan would have to destroy him in that case.

Still think it should absolutely be Beerus, though. Moro is quite literally *the* type of threat that Beerus should be handling while he's awake.

I don't think anyone will destroy him.

I think Toriyama is simply going to steal the mechanics from Death Note, the same way he cribbed Ultra Instinct from Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi.

You cross that line, you self destruct, simple as that.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 02:46 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I mean, Daishinkan made it clear that he was about to destroy Merus for violating the Angel code until Whis stepped up and said that he'd hold Merus' leash.

So if Merus intervenes and uses his full power to help the heroes, I imagine he'll be destroyed... But Merus also knows of that consequence, so it would be a sacrificial sort of thing if it happens.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 19th, 2020 at 02:52 PM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 02:50 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007
I mean, Daishinkan made it clear that he was about to destroy Merus for violating the Angel code until Whis stepped up and said that he'd hold Merus' leash.

So if Merus intervenes and uses his full power to help the heroes, I imagine he'll be destroyed... But Merus also knows of that consequence, so it would be a sacrificial sort of thing if it happens.

Wasn't the wording more like "I'd hate to lose another angel"?

That could as much imply he didn't want to see him spontaneously self destruct.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 03:08 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

However an Angel's death occurs, my only point is that Daishinkan was fully prepared to authorize Merus' destruction because he was about to violate the Angel code by using his full power against Goku.

So IF Merus does the same against Moro, there will likely be no saving him.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 03:54 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

What if Toriyama has a curve ball ready.

Whis dies, Merus replaces him

Tbh, Merus is far more interesting as a character, imo. Whis is too much the "plot device", and less a "person".

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 05:04 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wonder if Vegeta is stronger then Freeza now.

Or even "Omen" UI Goku.

I can see Goku knocking Freeza around until his UI expires, then losing.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 06:58 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Vegeta was still worried that Freeza could pose a threat to them as of the Broly film... But Goku/Vegeta have become immensely more powerful since then. I can't imagine Freeza posing a challenge atm.

...Though it also depends what Freeza has been up to since the film, given that his potential for power growth seems > the Saiyans.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 19th, 2020 at 07:45 PM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 07:36 PM
carver9

People always comment that Frieza physiology is >>> any other. Goku have a hole through his chest all the way through and he is still standing and talking. Thst is obviously not the case.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 08:08 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote