KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 575 576 [577] 578 579 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Could shin have been brought back with the dragon balls, reviving that beer's as well?
I would assume the life bond works both ways, but it's impossible to know for sure because we haven't seen the revival method used.

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Could have Whis and Beerus time travels back with the Z Fighters as well?
They could have, but Beerus refused to help them fight Zamasu/Black, because the shenanigans taking place in a different timeline "weren't his business."

Beerus and Whis were also against the mortals use of time travel in the first place, because it violated universal laws and such.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 12th, 2020 at 03:25 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2020 03:05 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do you think Beerus could have erased Immortal Zamasu?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2020 08:36 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Nope. Beerus himself said that he couldn't kill true immortals.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2020 08:45 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Does that mean that even Beerus couldn't kill Garlic Jr?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2020 08:58 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007
Nope. Beerus himself said that he couldn't kill true immortals.

Can Whis erase people?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2020 09:57 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Kento
Does that mean that even Beerus couldn't kill Garlic Jr?
I imagine true/absolute immortality can only be granted by the Super Dragon, as it seems to be about the highest 'authority' in DB right now(can even undo Zen-Oh's erasure, for example.)

Especially when the earth Dragon appeared to be scared shitless of Beerus during BoG.

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Can Whis erase people?
We don't really know what an Angel's limits are at all. But Whis can resurrect people from the dead(as seen when he resurrected Freeza after the ToP), so...maybe he could also erase them?

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 12th, 2020 at 10:45 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2020 10:32 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by Galan007
I imagine true/absolute immortality can only be granted by the Super Dragon, as it seems to be about the highest 'authority' in DB right now(can even undo Zen-Oh's erasure, for example.)

Especially when the earth Dragon appeared to be scared shitless of Beerus during BoG.
I just imagine immortality is, immortal across the board since all the dragons can do it. But then you have OG Earth Dragon not able to bring back people more than once, so other things are different because of rules, and power of the person making them. Course makes me wonder, could Porunga have killed the saiyans as they were coming to earth, when Shenron couldn't.

Also, didn't OG Piccolo kill Shenron once? Dude has a lot of big talk for being relatively not powerful, except with his magical abilities.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2020 10:52 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Can buy that Super Dragon Ball immortality > Shenron granted immortality, yeah.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2020 12:13 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah. I know it sounds weird, but it almost seems like there would have to be 'levels' of immortality that correspond to the Dragon who granted it.

And because the Super Dragon >>>>>>>>>>>> Porunga >>> Shenron, I feel like that power would be reflected in the type of immortality they can grant... Which would make immortality granted by the Super Dragon the most absolute type of immortality that one can achieve in DB.

So just because Beerus was unable to perma-kill Immortal Zamasu, it doesn't necessarily mean that he couldn't kill a being who was granted immortality by a FAR inferior Dragon. I mean, Porunga and Shenron are obviously very powerful in their own right, but they still have defined wish-granting limitations. The Super Dragon does not(even Zen-Oh himself said it could "do anything. Grant anything.")

It's either that, or Beerus would be powerless against Garlic Jr. -- and that just doesn't seem right to me. /shrug

Old Post Aug 13th, 2020 01:18 AM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just remembered Whis and the other angels can cross the multiverse at will. I wonder if they can time travel? Who’s does have vast time altering abilities after all.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2020 12:58 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So according to the leaks, Merus 'ports everyone away from the battle and states that it is time to complete Goku's training.

Presumably Goku's "training" will be watching Merus in one final demonstration against Moro, which will ultimately allow Goku to access MUI(similarly to what Roshi did the first time Goku accessed Omen during the ToP.)

So in that case, Merus will probably use his full power against Moro(and will likely be FAR more powerful), but he'll be erased for violating the Angel Code before he can win. Merus' death then triggers Goku to activate MUI, and he proceeds to inextricably destroy Moro(with Vegeta's help)..?

I hope it doesn't just come down to the formulaic "Goku>ALL" constant, but I also wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what happens. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 18th, 2020 at 03:55 PM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2020 03:47 PM
Mendax
Hand of God

Saw new spoilers saying that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Merus gets erased and Goku uses MUI so I'm sure that is what will happen.

I am just surprised that Toyararou is letting his new hero get killed off though. I actually like Merus.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2020 09:18 PM
Mendax is currently offline Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

It's going to come down to Goku > all. There is no way after the spoiler images shown that anything else will happen.

Though how rage mode looking Goku unlocks MUI seems weird

Old Post Aug 19th, 2020 08:35 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Spoilers:
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: While Merus is fighting Moro, Dende heals Goku who arrives at the battlefield again right after that. Dende is also healing everyone else. As Goku arrives at the battlefield, he taps into UI Omen and charges at Moro, but moro defeats him again with ease! After defeating Goku, Moro sneaks and tries to hold Merus’ neck so he could copy his abilities. But Merus uses his Angel Staff to stop it and Moro fails to copy. Using his Angel staff and a gun, Merus destroys the Crystals/Stones Moro had in both of his hands.

After breaking the stones he had in his hands, merus powers up and the Halo appears around him, he’s about to charge at Moro again but right at that instant, Beerus and Whis arrive at the Battlefield. As the halo appears, Merus somewhat becomes Transparent, right after that he quickly charges at Moro. While he’s going towards him, Merus remembers his chat with Goku in the timechamber. Beerus and Whis don’t stop him by the way. Trying to stop Merus, Moro throws a big blast at him but it doesn’t work, Merus appears right in front his Face. As Merus appears right in front of him, he punches the big stone moro had in his head, which breaks, and Moro falls on the ground. Merus simply starts disappearing/fading away (in pieces), he looks at Goku and also has a smile on his face, he says something to him and then disappears completely. Goku is in complete shock after Merus disappears. In the last page there’s a small talk b/w Beerus and Whis, a big panel of Goku standing in back front position, his head is down.

So I'm sure that will be what prompts Goku to fully master UI, as foreshadowed here:
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 19th, 2020 01:31 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

I'm really not looking forward to.. Goku winning. I mean, Super has done such a good job at keeping the trend where Goku rarely wins like Z did.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2020 11:19 PM
Kirikaze Fuuma
Kaze no Soldier

Originally posted by Kento
I'm really not looking forward to.. Goku winning. I mean, Super has done such a good job at keeping the trend where Goku rarely wins like Z did.

Well, if they can make it interesting, I think it's OK to see him win a decisive battle on his own once in a while. He always get new power ups and become stronger, but ultimately never get the job done. Though, I still prefer the usual trend since it's more interesting that way.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2020 02:21 PM
Kirikaze Fuuma is currently offline Click here to Send Kirikaze Fuuma a Private Message Find more posts by Kirikaze Fuuma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Toriyama ripping off Death Note just like I said. No one erases them, they simply self destruct, just like Death Note Shinigami when they save a human life.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2020 05:15 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Well even when holding back his Angel power, Merus was still more than a match for Moro. And when he briefly went into full Angel mode before being erased, he seemed to be more powerful than Moro [by a lot]... He also took away Moro's ability to steal powers and whatnot.

But yeah, the leaks were legit. Merus essentially sacrificed himself to give Goku his last 'push' into achieving the stable version of MUI... Which he believed would make Goku more powerful than not just Moro, but any villain who might rise up in the future. So it definitely seems like MUI Goku will beat Moro.

Now I just really hope the series ends after this arc is wrapped up. I don't know where they can even go from here.

Also, Dende confirmed that Piccolo has God-level ki now.

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 20th, 2020 at 06:27 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2020 06:25 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

Whis acting all innocent in the matter for when GP finds out his son is gone. 'I only do what you tell me to." LOL

Old Post Aug 21st, 2020 12:47 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, I didn't get why Whis was low-key trying to pawn it off on Beerus. GP left Merus under the watch of Whis... I don't see why GP would be pissed at anyone but him?

On that note, it still annoys me that Beerus didn't personally intervene against Moro. Beerus not giving a shit about the various beings who have run a muck in U7(and subsequently dropped its mortal count) is exactly why Zen-Oh was going to eradicate it just one arc ago... Not sure why he'd still be so f*cking nonchalant about that sort of thing.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2020 01:02 AM