KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super

Dragon Ball Super
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (363): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AuraAngel
It is an interesting showing though. Being able to release that much ki with a tap would still feel like planet busting strength, even if it technically isn't.

Beerus is a cool character.
If nothing else, that feat shows you how ridiculously impressive his ki-control is.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 07:10 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
john allerdyce
Whore!

Originally posted by Galan007
For those interested in the feat: here are screen-caps from the show...

(please log in to view the image)

Beerus taps his finger on the table:

That was an energy attack, not an amped strike. Beerus simply used a finger-tap as a means to discharge said energy.
Holy shit!! eek!

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 07:11 PM
john allerdyce is currently offline Click here to Send john allerdyce a Private Message Find more posts by john allerdyce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

For those interested in the feat: here are screen-caps from the show...

Beerus taps his finger on the table:

That was an energy attack, not an amped strike. Beerus simply used a finger-tap as a means to discharge said energy.

Thats bad ass, when does the show come to America.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 07:12 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Indeed. Destroying half a planet with just a tap must take mad concentration.

Which makes it all the more hilarious when he loses his cool.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 07:13 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

So I caught the first episode earlier this morning on Vimeo. My only complaint about the vid was audio desync about halfway through. But yeah, aside from the episode itself going into more detail about Goten's day, Beerus's little escapades seems to be the only noticeable difference between the anime and the manga chapter we were given. Not sure if this shows Beerus as being more merciful or even more volatile, or both (considering they tried to have him poisoned in the manga). Either way, Beerus confirmed for still the coolest.

Not gonna lie, I like that they're starting off the first few episodes in a bit of a slice-of-life manner. While I know Dragon Ball was mostly about the light hearted adventure and Z was about to escalating scale of the battles, I think times showing how life away from the next universal threat is a nice way to start; lets us see how the characters are on a day-to-day basis. It seems like it's going to continue on with that while still building up to when its parallels with the films come to be, if the next episode is any indication. Part of the episode is said to be about Vegeta going on a family trip to the amusement park.

Toriyama had said that he wants to at least add some more light and funny moments to his projects in ways that he feels are more to his kind of style these days. We'll see soon enough how that affects Dragon Ball Super in the long run. I'm confident it's bound to do a better job at striking the balance between the two than something like the ParaPara Bros.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 08:44 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007

^ This scene also did not appear in the show:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

...Which is a shame, because it's a great sequence.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 08:51 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Right, that too.

Would've been nice to see, considering 1. The fight scenes in general as of the recent films and such seem to have a lot more attention to detail in the movements and choreography (for lack of a better term) instead of just a lot of repeating frames of blurred punches and kicks, and 2. The only other real bit of action in the episode was Goten and Trunks fighting off a giant monster (which, in hindsight, wouldn't be a bad idea for what kind of fights to show off once in a while).

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 12:56 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834
Grand Moff

Originally posted by AuraAngel
It is an interesting showing though. Being able to release that much ki with a tap would still feel like planet busting strength, even if it technically isn't.

Beerus is a cool character.

thumb up

Exactly. Assuming he does this while fighting, a punch from Beerus could easily shatter planets.

--- You May Fire When Ready ---

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 03:20 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007

^ It's not about punches or taps--those are just 'triggers' Beerus can use to release a predetermined amount of energy.

What I mean is: we are talking about an energy attack here. The same casual tap could still destroy the planet entirely... As could a flick from his toe, a chop from his hand, or a swat from his dick. It's all about the amount of energy he chooses to use--the 'trigger' itself is inconsequential.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 6th, 2015 at 04:17 AM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 04:09 AM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ It's not about punches or taps--those are just 'triggers' Beerus can use to release a predetermined amount of energy.

What I mean is: we are talking about an energy attack here. The same casual tap could still destroy the planet entirely... As could a flick from his toe, a chop from his hand, or a swat from his dick. It's all about the amount of energy he chooses to use--the 'trigger' itself is inconsequential.

Yea its pretty sick, I wonder how Bills can use his power like that over people like Freeza and Goku.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 04:49 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

True but ki attacks like that one, where the main purpose is to spread across the surface of an object, is one that has deadly potential in a melee.

But we'll probably never see him use it in a melee.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 05:09 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

So in all of you guys' giddiness about Beerus' little casual planet busting, which we already knew he could do, did you all overlook the fact that DBZ just got its first non-assisted FTL speed feat?

"I GOTTA FIND OUT WHO KILLED MY DAD"

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 05:41 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

^ I though there was one already show with Whis in BoG. Unless there's something else I missed in all of that.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 05:55 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007

Originally posted by NemeBro
did you all overlook the fact that DBZ just got its first non-assisted FTL speed feat?
Okay, I'll bite...

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 02:36 PM
Sj_Sharp

I'm glad that both the physical strength and the speed of top tiers DB characters will now be accepted for what they really are, i.e. high, extremely awfully high the first and FTL the second.
Being said that, for the next episode: "Discovering worlds beneath the seas along with Vegeta". laughing

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 02:37 PM
Sj_Sharp is currently offline Click here to Send Sj_Sharp a Private Message Find more posts by Sj_Sharp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by NemeBro
So in all of you guys' giddiness about Beerus' little casual planet busting, which we already knew he could do, did you all overlook the fact that DBZ just got its first non-assisted FTL speed feat?

Come on, duuuuude......post dat shiiiiieeet!

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 02:39 PM
dadudemon is online now! Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sj_Sharp

Originally posted by dadudemon
Come on, duuuuude......post dat shiiiiieeet!

Basically, when half of the planet is explondig Beerus and Whis are already far away from it, looking at the explosion more or less from this point:

while commenting on the greasy food.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 02:43 PM
Sj_Sharp is currently offline Click here to Send Sj_Sharp a Private Message Find more posts by Sj_Sharp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007

Yeah, that's what I figured he was referring to. Just wanted to be sure. thumb up

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 02:46 PM
dadudemon

Yeah, that's what I figured he was referring to. Just wanted to be sure. thumb up

Why can't it just be a teleportation technique? Seems that is the more likely explanation?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 02:58 PM
dadudemon is online now! Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007

It's possible. We just weren't shown one way or the other.

As half the planet goes kablooey, Beerus/Whis are already chilling in space watching the explosion, despite being on the surface of the planet seconds prior. That's really all we know for sure. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 6th, 2015 at 03:07 PM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 03:00 PM