KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 599 600 [601] 602 603 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kento
The last Hokage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Even in the manga their powers skyrocketed throughout the entire ToP. Vegeta said as much:
(please log in to view the image)

And even the sassy asshat known as Jiren acknowledged their considerable powerup during the ToP.
confused That was the one time that I mentioned it happening, when his aura changed and went into SSBE form. And it just makes him on par with Gokou without UI. Because he goes from being as strong as Toppo to being able to one shot Toppo, which Gokou could do already.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 04:05 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Right, but my point is that during the course of the ToP(which was less than an hour), the Saiyans powered up massively.

Then they trained for a bit, then they fought Broly, then they emerged from their battle with Broly "stronger than ever", then they trained for quite a while to prep for Moro, then they fought Moro, then they came out far more powerful, etc.

That's why I think it is fully possible that Whis's statement was accurate, and even Vegeta had surpassed Broly after the Moro arc(Goku obviously did, and by a huge margin.) DBS scaling is just idiotic like that. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 14th, 2021 at 04:26 PM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 04:19 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Achieving new forms isn't powering up massively from fighting for an hour.. unlike the anime where Gokou specifically was getting more powerful as the fights happened, despite losing all his energy like 5 times.

'Stronger than ever' is such a broad statement that means little because even getting the slightest bit stronger would make them stronger than ever. And in no way implies they got stronger than Broly.

Vegeta's training, specifically, was not about getting stronger power level at all to face Moro so that's a moot point on them training to prep for him.

Also if Gokou was stronger than Broly, he would think he was stronger than Beerus, cause he put the two in the same league even after seeing Beerus fight all the GoD's. But we see how effortlessly Beerus still wrecks Vegeta, and not using anywhere near that same power.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 07:31 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

QUOTE=17459487]Originally posted by carver9
Spoiler...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Vegeta turns into a God of Destruction while fighting Granola
[/QUOTE

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 17th, 2021 04:10 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by carver9
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: https://ibb.co/kqJhH4n
https://ibb.co/tZZd13n
https://ibb.co/NWpV2hF
https://ibb.co/QYsTW2q

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 17th, 2021 04:11 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

So yeah, Vegeta got a new form. Still has black hair but different aura, and has no eyebrows like with SSJ3.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2021 07:50 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Is it actually black or is it red? Cause it's definitely a different coloring than his normal black hair.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2021 06:06 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

My first thought is that is was colored like his SS4 hair.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2021 11:08 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

That would be kinda cool looking.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2021 10:04 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I mean, it's probably purple or some shit, but my fingers are still crossed. /shrug

Old Post Jul 19th, 2021 02:25 AM
Marikina

Originally posted by Kento

Vegeta's training, specifically, was not about getting stronger power level at all to face Moro so that's a moot point on them training to prep for him.

If you're referring to his Yardrat training, while his specific aim for seeking them out is not to get stronger, he still got stronger because his Spirit Control training straightened out his body and spirit. Pybara said that Vegeta had improved by "leaps and bounds" from when he arrived, Piccolo said that Vegeta's SSBE was "unrecognizable" from his ToP self, and Moro said that SSBE Vegeta was a finer meal than Moro arc Sign Goku.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2021 11:14 AM
Marikina is currently offline Click here to Send Marikina a Private Message Find more posts by Marikina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

I mean, it's probably purple or some shit, but my fingers are still crossed. /shrug
Please be wrong. Anything but a new color.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2021 01:42 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Originally posted by bbrem123
Please be wrong. Anything but a new color.
Hopefully Black with purple glow from energy. Similar to Toppo's mustache

Old Post Jul 20th, 2021 06:01 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Purple would be very much fit Vegeta and his royal lineage haha.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2021 12:29 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

So, We are getting a time skip for the new movie. Looks around EoZ time with Pan being a school kid. But.. Dragon Ball Super : Super Hero... That name, maybe Gokou and Vegeta won't be big part of it.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 05:24 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

(please log in to view the image)

Calamity and destruction. Regardless of what color hair or aura Vegeta actually has now (although the idea of it being purple is growing on me more and more), I like the dynamics you can see with him and Goku now. They'll keep getting stronger, but in their own different path and forms. If SSJB is actually the last time they have the same form, I'd be fine with that.

Regardless, you can expect something like a UI GoD Vegito or Gogeta to be somewhere in Toei/Toriyama's back pocket.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2021 08:50 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

So would a Gogeto or Vegito really have one eyebrow?

I want to see that now.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 04:09 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I predict Granloa stomps Vegeta before this is done.

The theme has been Granola gets pressed, until he's forced to pull out even more power he's been saving up for Freeza.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 04:10 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by cdtm
So would a Gogeto or Vegito really have one eyebrow?

I want to see that now.
Gogeta would, Vegito wouldn't

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 04:16 PM
bbrem123

Originally posted by Kento
Gogeta would, Vegito wouldn't

Seems right to me. Man they would be sooo broken. MUI + GoD

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 07:52 PM