KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Rank Grant Morrison's Metatextual Beings

Rank Grant Morrison's Metatextual Beings
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Rank Grant Morrison's Metatextual Beings

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 04:58 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Empty Hand
Thought-Robot/Mandrakk/The Gentry
Ultra

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 05:09 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
The Empty Hand
Thought-Robot/Mandrakk/The Gentry
Ultra

Wow, what makes you think Empty Hand>>Cosmic Armor Supes?

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 05:11 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blockythe1guy

Would The Empty Hand be beyond michael and lucifer?

Or even the Great Evil Beast?

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 07:25 PM
Blockythe1guy is currently offline Click here to Send Blockythe1guy a Private Message Find more posts by Blockythe1guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Blockythe1guy
Would The Empty Hand be beyond michael and lucifer?

Or even the Great Evil Beast?

Way beyond Michael or Lucifer, IMO.

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 07:44 PM
krisblaze

Empty hand is difficult to gauge, but considering that he's above nix uotan, the gentry, etc, then he might be beyond even the thought robot and mandrakk...

Difficult to say, but I think Morrison's telling us that he's beyond Mandrakk or at the very least his equal.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 07:48 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Don't forget the Decreator.

Basically the shadow of Alan Moore's Great Evil Beast.

And it was never stopped. The best Black Alice could do was slow it down by transmitting cosmic static from an old building (That plays nicely into the later idea that to destroy Earth is to destroy the multiverse)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 07:54 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blockythe1guy

Also, What would the Metatextual Beings from Swamp Thing rank as well?

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 08:10 PM
Blockythe1guy is currently offline Click here to Send Blockythe1guy a Private Message Find more posts by Blockythe1guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by cdtm
Don't forget the Decreator.

Basically the shadow of Alan Moore's Great Evil Beast.

And it was never stopped. The best Black Alice could do was slow it down by transmitting cosmic static from an old building (That plays nicely into the later idea that to destroy Earth is to destroy the multiverse)

Totally forgot about Decreator. Morrison, right?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 08:16 PM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Blockythe1guy
Also, What would the Metatextual Beings from Swamp Thing rank as well?

These guys?

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 08:16 PM
Blockythe1guy

Originally posted by Golgo13
These guys?

Yep.

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 08:18 PM
cdtm

Totally forgot about Decreator. Morrison, right?

Yeah, Morrison's Doom Patrol.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 08:23 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Wow, what makes you think Empty Hand>>Cosmic Armor Supes?
The fact that he/it is far beyond The Gentry.

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 09:32 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

gentry ultimately proved to be.....disappointing though, so not sure that, atm, it means much that he was beyond them. regardless of their metatextual existence, they still got their a$$ handed to them in the end. TEH could have thrown more and more and overwhelmed the heroes, obviously, but i don't think that, individually, they were very powerful. that bleed creature was going to devour hellmachine as well.

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 10:36 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Didn't one of those Gentry creatures devour a universe?

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 10:45 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

As far as the heroes 'beating' The Gentry, I think TEH allowed that to happen--hence E-23 Superman skeptically noting that the battle was "too easy" afterward:
http://i.imgur.com/DVvTloR.jpg
This holds especially true when we consider how easily Intellectron alone handled SuperJudge Nix Uotan in the first issue, as well as Ultra. /shrug

Anywho, I think TEH allowed the heroes to win, because he wanted them to come through the door and see him in the 'flesh'... He wanted them to know that he is controlling everything... He wanted them to know that they are up against impossible odds. Imo.

Last edited by Galan007 on May 2nd, 2015 at 10:57 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 10:53 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

As far as the heroes 'beating' The Gentry, I think TEH allowed that to happen--hence E-23 Superman skeptically noting that the battle was "too easy" afterward:
http://i.imgur.com/DVvTloR.jpg
This holds especially true when we consider how easily Intellectron alone handled SuperJudge Nix Uotan in the first issue, as well as Ultra. /shrug

Anywho, I think TEH allowed the heroes to win, because he wanted them to come through the door and see him in the 'flesh'... He wanted them to know that he is controlling everything... He wanted them to know that they are up against impossible odds. Imo.

maybe...but i think trying to gauge these guys relative to each other (intellectron vs ultra for example) is pretty tough to do. you could be right about TEH letting them win. i'm more inclined to believe that he simply didn't want to send in reinforcements though, as opposed to each of the gentry having been....less powerful somehow? or maybe each aspect can be broken down, (hence the multiple copies) and the heroes only faced one facet of each? maybe. guess we'll need to see more of them to adequately gauge. over all impression though: i am disappoint. sad

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 11:03 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, for a 9 issue series that took 6+ years to write, the ending was very poorly handled, imo. Shame, too, because the rest series is some of the best reading I've ever done.

Anyway, I REALLY wish we would have seen more of Quantum Supes. That guy is ungodly powerful(perhaps even moreso than The Gentry themselves), and one of the more interesting characters out there... But he 'ported to an unknown universe after reading Ultra Comics, and was MIA for the entire event.... Though maybe TEH arranged the events leading up to that, because he knew QS might pose a legit threat?

Last edited by Galan007 on May 2nd, 2015 at 11:15 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 11:09 PM
CatL18

I think that if thought robot power is truly story and concept of superman itself, nothing in comics can defeat that.
Off course it is only my opinion and I don't know whether TR is truly embodiment of Superman's story and concept or not.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 01:42 AM
CatL18 is currently offline Click here to Send CatL18 a Private Message Find more posts by CatL18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, for a 9 issue series that took 6+ years to write, the ending was very poorly handled, imo. Shame, too, because the rest series is some of the best reading I've ever done.

Anyway, I REALLY wish we would have seen more of Quantum Supes. That guy is ungodly powerful(perhaps even moreso than The Gentry themselves), and one of the more interesting characters out there... But he 'ported to an unknown universe after reading Ultra Comics, and was MIA for the entire event.... Though maybe TEH arranged the events leading up to that, because he knew QS might pose a legit threat?

maybe. i'd be a little surprised if it turned out TEH was concerned about QS though. i'm assuming his level will be...pretty extreme. tbh, i'm not sure WHAT anyone will do with QS. he is an awesome character. concept is fantastic--i would imagine he'll be turning up in operation justice incarnate. i wonder if ultra will show up there as well? pretty sure we'll see the super judge in there/ can't believe these characters would simply....disappear. i'm guessing that will be some sort of multiversal JL. could be very cool, and a nice way of keeping all these alternates alive in other stories.

of course, on the other side, it seems dc is getting RID of all the alternates. i find the timing of publication between convergence and multiversity....odd. both are HUGE events, but is it me, or do they seem utterly and diametrically opposed....? confused guess we'll need to wait ans see. and maybe hope...?

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 02:17 AM